• 1321 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5445 Players Online
  • 4124 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New kit idea

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by iKrumpet, Mar 20, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverfish kit - 8000 gems

Ability 1: Breakthrough (sword)
    For the ability to work you need to hold down right-click and when you do the floor in a 5x5 area will start to crack and eventually break if someone falls through they will take some damage from the fall and the hole will be patched. the cooldown will be 10 seconds or cost some of the XP bar much like the snowman kit when using "blizzard".
    Description: "By holding right-click you will begin to break the ground much like a sinkhole beneath wherever your pointing to." or something like that.

Ability 2: Burrow (axe or pickaxe)
    By left-clicking a block the user will be able to pass through the "wall." the limit being 5 blocks or less
    alternatively, if that won't work it could make the player invisible for 5 seconds having reduced damage and speed.

Smash Crystal: idk a name
    it will be much like night of the living dead but it will spawn more silverfish but having less damage and health it will last for 30 seconds

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  2. Silverfish would only work as a kit if it can't double jump or is a one hit kill. The hitbox is too hard to fight against in a game which involves as much movement as SSM.

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  3. chicken has a hard hitbox and think of how “weak” you could make it im sure m’insoler would find a way to make it balanced.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2020
  4. mineplex not whatever monstrosity i typed there im doing this on a phone and by weak i mean reduced damage

OP OP
  5. I dont really think that theres a balanced way to add the silverfish kit. Chicken can already be annoying, and its 3 times larger than the silverfish.

Even if there is, I think mineplex should balance the current kits before adding new ones.

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  6. well it was a neat idea i still like the abilities

OP OP
  7. In my opinion, silverfish will probably never be added due to its tiny hitbox. I just don't see there being a way to make the kit fair if it was added. -1 from me

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  8. ?? if u play minecraft u will know that silver fish is much more larger than a chicken , silver fish hitbox = ghast hitbox

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  9. I play a lot of Minecraft I've been playing since infdev

OP OP
  10. I really like the idea, but sadly I just don't see it happening. I'm sure you spent a lot of time thinking of that, but with the chickens hitbox already being so small and it being very difficult to kill. I feel like adding something with a smaller hit box wouldn't be a good idea

Posted Mar 20, 2020
  11. Like multiple people have mentioned adding a silverfish kit would be problematic hitbox-wise, users have suggested a "silverfish swarm" many times to get over that issue but some players dislike that idea as well, the kit would still be very short. Besides the hitbox issue the kit lacks a recovery move- an ability that allows it to get back on stage, burrow could be used as a recovery but most times you won't be close enough to use it as you need to right click a block.

Other than that, even without values for moves or base stats, it seems like it would be a weak kit mostly used to just annoy players with your tiny hitbox, you have 1 damaging move which has a high cd and doesn't synergize with either melee or other abilities.
    The "synergy" point is what I'd like to emphasize, you don't want your moves to just stand on their own but also work with the other abilities/melee/both. -Not all kits in SSM are fully designed that way, but that's a major aspect that I look for when seeing if a kit is well designed or not.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  12. Honestly, I don't think Silverfish would be a good kit. The abilities seem really weak in my opinion, and the hitbox would spawn issues. It doesn't seem strong, and it honestly seems like a really bland kit to me.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.