• 323 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2902 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned New Kit for Cakewars: Spawner

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by MagicalStrike360, Jan 20, 2019.

?

Should the Spawner kit be added to Cakewars?

This poll will close on Jan 20, 2029 at 7:36 PM.
  1. This kit is cool and has to be added to Cakewars

10.0%
  2. This kit should be added but needs some tweaks

10.0%
  3. I have mixed feelings

10.0%
  4. This kit is OP and you should change it for it to be added

30.0%
  5. No, it is not really neccesary

40.0%
  1. I think a new kit should be added to cakewars, the Spawner. I think it should because there needs to be a kit that can actually get close to keeping up with frosting. I played in an mps with my friend only and vs him with every kit in cakewars and he had frosting. I lost every time. Then when he became warrior and I was warrior I won. What i'm saying is Cakewars needs a kit that can possibly beat frosting. Barely anyone has the frosting kit so it makes those who do have it a bit OP and in about 333/347 games of cakewars I playes, I seen at least 1 frosting on another team, the. The rest of the games the player with frosting on my team.

The Spawner kit would cost 5000 or 8000 gems. It recieves a spawn egg every 10.00 seconds. The spawn egg spawns some kind on small minion monster equipped with a wooden sword and iron helmet. It would have 10 health. It also is twice as fast as a player sprinting and will mine blocks in it way. It's inventory is a wooden sword, a iron helmet, and iron pickaxe (you could put obsidian in it's way and it would be stuck, it cannot go around blocks) 16 wool blocks and has swiftness 1 or 2. I was thinking this kit could have some type of launcher that launches the mob and contact deals 1.5 hearts of damage no matter what armor the player is wearing. It is not avalible in shop because a player can buy 10 of them and launch all of them which would be OP. Thanks for reading and tell me if it's OP so I can make a few tweaks.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  2. Hmm, pretty interesting idea. However, I'm sort of mixed with it overall.

Firstly, I think that the abilities of the minion that you've mentioned are a bit OP, especially since it would have be twice as fast as a normal player that's sprinting, and that it can mine blocks in it's way. What if it runs into a protected cake (not obsidian since I think you're implying that it can't destroy obsidian) and it breaks the blocks surrounding the cake? This would make it way too easy for other teams to eat that cake. 10 health is also a bit much, maybe nerf that down to 4 or 5? The launcher option also seems a bit OP, especially how it can deal 1.5 hearts regardless of armor.

Also, I think that there should be a cap on how many eggs a player can have at a time. Maybe cap it at 3? If there was no cap then it would definitely be OP. For changes, I say maybe reduce the number of health/damage that the minion can do, just so it's balanced. It's an interesting idea, but there are some changes that would need to be made to make this kit balanced enough for Cake Wars.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    xSebbie likes this.
  3. Ok, 5 health, the launcher does no damage and players can only have 3 of the spawn eggs. It is as fast as a player, it does 3 damage per hit (1.5 hearts) and can mine wool blocks in its way, it takes twice as long as a regular player mining a wool block

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2019
  4. Hiya,

Personally, I think this kit could have some potential, although it does seem a bit overpowered. Yes, I will admit frosting is a bit difficult to counter in a one of one, or even a two on one. I would also like to keep in mind, frosting is the achievement kit for the game and should be a bit superior compared to the other kits. I will jump into my ideas for this kit!

Starting off, I don't think an egg should be given every 10 seconds. Mainly because it would be frustrating to counter and could potentially overpower a 3v1. Instead, I believe 25 seconds would be a satisfactory time to gain one, along with one instantly when you respawn. Moving on, you did not mention a cap on these 'minions' but I think holding a max of two would be sufficient. It keeps the game fair and would not lead to people complaining about it in the future, because, in my opinion, it should not overpower snowball on its own. I believe effectively playing should be how you overpower another kit.
    I think to have a wooden sword, or even a stone sword, would be excellent. It creates knockback against the opposing player and allows you to counter their moves. Anyway, I do not think they should be able to essentially have an amplified version of a sprint. To me, it just seems unethical, instead, maybe just the speed of a regular mob. Next, I don't think it should have the ability to break blocks, but if that is the case, I believe it should only be wool/wood. It would be unfair to literally destroy an opposing teams bed defense with one minion.
    Based on most of what you have described, I do not believe any launcher should be implemented. Adding to this, it would pierce through any armor and deal the same damage to any player. This idea, in particular, doesn't seem to flow with the general proposition to the kit, in my opinion. Along with this, it would overpower the other kits. For example, builders only get blocks, warriors get hearts on a kill, frosting only gets snowballs. These kits do not have extra abilities along with them. I believe it would be unbalanced. As for the shop, I do not think they should be in the shop either. As you have said, it would be overpowered, if they were to be added, they would need to be severely nerfed. You did not mention this, but what would these 'minions' look like? I think a baby zombie would be quite frustrating, although you may have other ideas, so let me know!

Anyway, those are just my thoughts! I think this kit could be an interesting change to cake wars, although I am not sure if I favor it or not yet. Kits are not meant to completely dominate over the others, but instead, create balance in the gameplay. Hopefully, other people will leave their comments on this idea and come to a compromise!

If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a fantastic day! :)

Posted Jan 20, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  5. Frosting is overpowered and in Game Insights we've agreed to nerf it from 2.5 seconds of slowness to 2 seconds of slowness which should help out with that being too much advantage.

I'm sorry to say this but I find this part completely ridiculous. Many players in CW has voiced their concerns that the game is becoming too custom/non-Vanilla and I have to agree. Mini-games are popular when the players can find a resemblance to Vanilla which is why games like Turbo Kart Racers (on -snip-) and others aren't as popular while Skywars is popular. Thus, it's generally an agreement to not keep adding items that move the game away from Vanilla mechanics. Additionally, the monster you've suggested is kind of overpowered not going to lie. If in some alternate universe we allowed this to be in CW then the monster would be most likely very unpowered. At most a 3-hit that could do a little damage and no knockback.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  6. The idea of adding minions, mobs or anything of that matter is quite far fetched from the general mechanics and ideas pertaining the original game. We try to keep the game as simple and vanilla related for the most part, since anything differing from it is simply not-so-greatly looked upon. Yes, we do have a couple of mob things in the game, but from what I’ve witnessed they’re either not super popular or the CW community doesn’t want to see more of those.

This being said, I think the kit is for the most part not fitting, and it would rely on no pvp from what I am reading. Too many perks, and a very unbalanced kit overall.

If your main issue is frosting, I’d suggest going towards that topic instead, such as leaving suggestion as for what could be a beneficial nerf for the kit, with sufficient examples and reasonings. But as for the kit, I would personally give it a big no, sorry man.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  7. Heyo,

I'll be denying this idea as it would add a mechanic that makes the game more tedious. The entire purpose of any mob kit/mobs is to distract and annoy players. Thanks for submitting your idea though!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  8. I like the creative idea but I think it's just a bit too OP and costs too little to be implemented in the game. If anything it should be a achievement kit, but again, it's really OP.

Posted Nov 30, 2019