• 1609 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4188 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New item for Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by HungryKid43, Nov 30, 2019.

1. So I've been wondering... what would stop other players from eating your cake while everyone is everywhere else? Heres the solution: dogs.
    In the emerald shop for about 20-40 emeralds, there is a spawn egg. It's labelled "Guard". You purchase the spawn egg and place it down. What you get is a dog with the collar your team's color. You can only place it down near your cake, though. Like the opposite of Polly. You can only have 2-3 Guards for your team at a time. How it works: Anytime a person from another team wonders into your base, the dog goes mad (like when you punch it before it's tamed) and attecks the enemy. The other teams can kill the guards, though. Much like Polly. I think this will be a good exception to the game and many people would love it.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  2. Don’t think this is necessary because dogs could be easily avoided with 2 blocks high, and this is just a ripoff of iron golems from “not going to name”. The cost for the guards are a bit pricy, and cakes already have traps. It also changes the fact of that it is a team based game where most likely there has to be someone guarding the base while others are busy elsewhere.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    Jaek and Bossitiveplays like this.
  3. Hey!

Neat idea, but that would make offense harder than it should be. If your team isn't guarding the cake, that should be on them and if a compromise was to make dogs weak, then they are essentially useless.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  4. Hiya!
    I like the idea, but as @Bossitiveplays said, I think that this would make offense a bit too hard if a guard was added. Once again, cool idea; but it's going to be a -1 from me.

IDEA RESPONSE:

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  5. I just think this would be useful to have, especially if only two people are on a team. One time, i was the only one on my team and it was really difficult to get the points and keep my cake. The dogs can have half health, but all it's doing is giving the player a suprise. By the time you or your teamates purchased a dog, almost everyone else will have diamond armour. The dog will do nothing to someone in full diamond and they can just easily 1 or 2 hit them. With the max limit being 2, the dogs pose no threat or challenge, even if you are in leather armour. I think it's still a good idea, but people are taking it in the wrong way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2019
  6. I don’t see this being too useful as you can just climb 2 blocks and completely avoid the dogs as @kim_crazy said. The cakes already take a while to fully eat and this would just draw it out even more.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  7. So you're focusing on Duos now. The trick to not getting your cake eaten is take out the teams around you, then keep 1 player at your island at all times while the other caps and defends beacons. Easy.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  8. It's an interesting concept and would be nice to have but like already stated it would just make taking the offensive harder than it already is. There are already 2 traps that are considered really good. It shouldn't be harder than that. At that point just keep someone on your island.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  9. Hi there!

I'm personally not a big fan of this idea because it's not easy to get onto someone's island and eat there cake, and adding dogs/guards would make this even harder then it already is as Unfavorited stated. The traps in the game may not do much PvP damage but they're there to notify you that someone is at your cake. Adding dogs would be like adding team members to your team in some sort of way and would overall just be unfair. Thanks for hearing me out but I'm going to be leaving this at a -1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  10. Hey gamer,

I personally disagree with this idea. Like @Unfavorited said above, there are two traps already, there's also knitted platforms used to stop people from push your cake. I think a wolf attacking a Polly could be something viable, but attacking players is way too overpowered in my opinion. If you're leaving your cake without you or your teammates, that's completely on you. Leaving 2-3 dogs behind to watch your cake is broken, and I don't think there should be a way to leave your cake unguarded without suffering the consequences of it. It's basically low risk, high reward.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, happy holidays!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  11. People rarely actually use Polly and tnt traps these days. I don’t really see how dogs would be a problem, but I also think it isn’t even necessary especially since this (by what your going off of) is 20-40 emeralds. The tnt traps kind of already do the work for you, and having dogs on top of that would almost make it nearly impossible for 1 person to take out a whole team.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    FluteVegetables and DanTrains222 like this.
  12. I don't like this. You see, the problem with having guard dogs are:
    a) Unoriginal, -snip- literally has this but it's an iron golem
    b) They'd just be another annoying thing in the way of eating someone's cake. The difficulty is fine where it is now with Obsidian, plat spamming, traps, and (obviously) players trying to attack you.
    c) They don't fit well with the theme of the game. Cake Wars is a pretty simple game, and adding something that isn't original (as in the term, "Guard dog" is very basic and bland) wouldn't look good on Mineplex's part.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
  13. Hello there! So, to start off, I think this is a creative idea, but I don’t think it should be added. Why?
    First, you choose to leave your base and cake unguarded, that’s up to you, it can’t be helped that someone ate your cake while you were gone.
    Second, this happens a lot while I am rushing. I do not think this would help, as when I rush I am able to most of the time easily eat someone’s cake with people there. I do not think dogs would affect this, they would just get in the way of things.
    Lastly, this is a huge advantage if someone leaves their cake unguarded and rushes everyone, if someone tried to eat their cake they would be unable to do so, and the player would ultimately win. I think that would be very unfair, as much as some of us would like it. I’m sorry, but I don’t think this should be added, as there are a lot of complications including the ones I have stated above, -1
    Happy Suggesting!
    -
    xGetRekted

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.