• 2104 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2104 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Idea - Stackable Items

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Destro, Oct 21, 2020.

?

Stackable Items, Yes or No?

1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

55.6%
  1. So, I was thinking, "What if all items stacked till 64 except for armor and weapons of course", wouldn't it be great? You can hold many potions, snowballs, and eggs at once which makes the gameplay much faster, the fact that Mineplex Skywars is quite a bit "slower-paced" than normal is a pretty big problem since it takes some fun out of the game, don't get me wrong its still enjoyable, but I think this would be better.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  2. Hey! I see your idea and how you think this can improve Skywars. I don’t see a problem with this but I don’t see this being a priority at the moment. I honestly find how the items stack up currently just perfectly alright. The only thing about having most items stack to 64 is you are able to get an insane amount of items. Imagine having literally 3 stacks of snowballs. Could be fun, but I just don’t see how this would fit Skywars. Although, this definitely isn’t a bad idea! It would be cool to experience games where you can stack other items that don’t to 64.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  3. I understand where you're coming from, but I think that it would speed up the game a bit since you can, as you said, have a stack of snowballs, which means that you can deal with the bridging players a lot better, which make them die, which in turn makes the game more fun and much more PvP based as currently, most people (from what I have seen) just wait till 2 people fight, then third party them, kill them both and get all the loot at the middle, hence giving them extremely high chances of winning the game entirely.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
  4. I 100% agree that having a bigger number of snowballs/eggs do make the game faster. It’s just I would find it pretty annoying getting snowball spammed at me on a bridge every time (xD) which really isn’t the whole point of Skywars. You mentioned how 2 people fight, and another player comes in and clean. Again, Skywars isn’t just fully PvP based. You would definitely need to use some strategy/game sense which what makes the game interesting. It isn’t just “1v1”
    With that being said I do find it frustrating when you are fighting another player and someone else just comes in and cleans.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  5. Yes, now that I look at it that way it does make sense, and I am extremely annoyed by snowball/egg spammers, but I still think that Mineplex needs to do something to make the game much faster as I find it fairly boring in its current state as its simple, "bridge to the middle, camp for a bit, third party a few people" and you win most of the time with just that.

OP OP
    zFlqre likes this.
  6. Sorry but they wont listen to you

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  7. They never do...

OP OP
  8. I think its a good idea but as zFlqre said it would be no fun for players to be spammed by non-stop snowballs when trying to bridge. You're idea is that this would speed the game up, which in a sense, it would. But on the other hand it would cause players to hide on their island more, consequently slowing the game down.

Best of luck though

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  9. yep, but I think the thing that would change that would be something like the new Turf Wars update where you get some health is taken away from you if you stay on your side's base too long (or in this case, island) so that people need to rush, its kind of like "forcing" the players but I think it might be a fine idea.

OP OP
    Greyhound10 likes this.
  10. So, my idea is just that, "We have an Ideas Team and 40 people in it, surely one of them can come up with a quick fix to this, just surely it must be possible, yes?"

OP OP
  11. I like this idea! +1

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  12. I agree something could always be done to make the game more balanced, but stackable items, especially up to 64, can become easily overpowered and exploitable. I know your thread is talking mainly about Skywars, but imagine using Frosting kit in Cakewars and being able to spam a stack of snowballs. I appreciate the idea, but I feel a more balanced way of speeding up the game would be more effective in bettering the server rather than making stackable items of that great a number.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Greyhound10 and DerpDerpie like this.
  13. I do agree with you, which is why I kinda made some amends, just scroll up to see some of them, but maybe capped at 32 so that it isn't too much but not too less either, to the somewhat balanced point where you are going to be slightly scared of bridging unless you can do it quickly and still have a good chance of dying on the journey to mid.

OP OP
  14. Always love these ideas of the mineplexians they are so awesome and thinked of.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  15. I think the hard cap would definitely have to be altered depending on the game, but with some tweaks, this could potentially be a good idea. +/-1

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  16. First of all, Ideas Team are not the ones that make the changes, they only process and discuss them. This is all the developers work to fix. Considering it's a Minecraft feature that it only stacks to sixteen, I'm not sure how it could change, but honestly I would rather not have it at 64, with the sole reason that it can be spammed excessively. Sixteen seems like a good amount to me and I don't see why it needs to be changed. Wouldn't mind having it at 32 though.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  17. Hypickle stacks to 64 with snowballs and eggs. Of course it’s Java soooooo.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  18. I don't think copying Hypixel should be a reason to implement a change. What Mineplex obviously should stride toward is originality, and for this reason, an update shouldn't be made just to copy a big server.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  19. LMFAO Hypickle copied tons of other servers and other game’s and so did Hive.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  20. Even so, that doesn't mean Mineplex should do the same. While all servers tend to find some motivation from other servers, most worth playing on strive toward creating original ideas, even if other servers fail to do the same. Hope this helps!

Posted Oct 21, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 21, 2020
    zFlqre and StyxKiller03 like this.