• 461 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8899 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Idea - Forum Level Colors

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by TooMuchXMas4You, Sep 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Heyo!

Today I'll be bringing up an idea I've been thinking about for a few days now, which would be forum level colors. This wouldn't be anything major, just a way to change your level color on your profile. If you hover over a profile, you'll see their level pop up. Basically what I'm suggesting is to be able to change the color of it, kind of like in-game level coloring. Here are some ideas I have for this

A. You are only able to select colors from in-game, and you can only select colors below or equal to your level (unless you're level and 100). I am somewhat intrigued by this one, but I'm not sure yet.

B. Have any color available for only level 100s, not just in-game ones. Below this you can only select a different shade of your colot level (for example levels 40-59 could have green, lime green, dark green, etc). Not my favorite, but I am open for whatever.

C. Have it so you can select any color no matter what level you are. I don't think this is too fair, but I'm not too sure yet.

The only issue I see is for Bedrock players, since this may be a little confusing for them. i think Bedrock should be able to do this as well, but I don't know if players would be confused by this or not.

This is just a small, simple idea, nothing major. Let me know what you all think down below, as this doesn't seem too difficult to implement, and just a nice little change to the forums.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  2. Hey man!

I love this little idea! It will make more dedicated Mineplex players stand out more and make them feel more rewarded about having spent so much time on Mineplex. Nice small idea you've got there!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    Xukuri and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  3. I think this is a really nice idea. I agree with option A as only being able to change your colour to one that you have acquired in-game seems very reasonable. Regarding option B, I think it would be fun to be able to more specifically customise your colour but I'm skeptical that almost everyone having a different colour would look a bit unorganised and messy. I completely disagree with option C as the different colours are a reward for level 100 and even though it would be quite a small thing on here, it makes the rewards for level 100 a little less special which I'm fully against.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    Segwat, Calactic and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  4. Hey,

I like the general idea and out of the three option A I'd personally like the best. However, I'm not sure how messy or unorganized it would look so it would require some testing and such. Otherwise, it would add more customization to the website while also encouraging game play to gain a new color. Seems like a pretty good quality of life change, and I'm sure many people would like it. How big the color's presence is is something that also has to be considered, but overall it seems like a good idea.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  5. I like the idea you have by customizing level colors you'd already unlocked in-game. We'd allowed us to customize our color levels in-game. On the forums, I'm not sure if that's necessary because it can lead to their confusion. I don't see much of the issue, and I can customize mine on the forums too. It's an alright QoL improvement, but it isn't a priority suggestion to add.

Overall, that's a good suggestion you have. +1

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  6. Hey!

I am not too sure how to feel about this idea. I do somewhat like it, but I just don't find it necessary. I like the creativity of all three ways you have suggested for this to be implemented, but the change just seems too minuscule to be implemented. However, I wouldn't mind if this were to be implemented, as it would be a nice quality of life change. I'll give this a +0.5 because I like the creativity of your idea, just not the idea itself that much. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 27, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 27, 2019
  7. I'd rather just have the level color on the forums correspond to your level color in-game. If there's a way to implement it like this (e.g I'm level 97 and my level color is red, my level color on the forums would be red) then I'm down for it. As for the other options, I don't think it's entirely necessary to add customization especially for your *in-game* account which doesn't relate much to the forums. I'm neutral on this idea since I could go either way but I'm satisfied with the way it is now, level 20+ = Blue, 40+ = Green, 60+ = Gold, 80+ = Red, 100 = Dark Red.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
    Wiz_Techno and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  8. I think this idea would be a great addition to the forums. Just like in-game, players could choose which color that they wanted to display for their levels. It's just a simple way to customize your profile further and show more of your personality. There's no real downside to this that I can imagine, so this is definitely something that I would like to see added in the future if possible.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You and Xukuri like this.
  9. I really enjoy this idea and I think it should be implemented. +1

Posted Sep 28, 2019
  10. I think a simpler solution would be to just link the level color choice if possible. Obviously, since the ingame customization is a cosmetic, I don't know if this is possible, so if it isn't, the other options are just fine.

In all honesty, there aren't many ways to customize the website in general, and I welcome every suggestion aimed towards changing this for the better.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
  11. I really like this idea because it brings more uniqueness to the forums. I think it would be cool to have forums levels correspond to your in-game level color. Mentioned above though, it may be a little bit confusing and maybe not so necessary but I still think this would be a cool addition to have. I also agree with your idea of having more of a variety of colors if you are stuck under 100. Having different shades of blue, orange, green, and red would be really nice to have.

Posted Sep 28, 2019