• 1471 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5998 Players Online
  • 4527 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New game: Mineplex pvp (I didn’t know what to call feel free to suggest a name)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Nov 17, 2019.

?

How do you like the idea? (New one not old one)

1. +1

37.5%
  2. +0.5

12.5%
  3. +0

25.0%
  4. -1

25.0%
  1. So I have an idea for a game. I don’t know what it’ll be called but it’s pretty cool. So it’s kind of like clans and gladiators but different. You will be killing players in many different arenas, gaining points to get prizes and even fighting regular to supernatural mobs! We also even have kit PvP in this game! From regular battles to mob boss battles and just having fun! Hope you like it!

The game:
    So you spawn in a giant castle with an iron sword and full leather armor. There are things called battle arenas that you unlock. There is also a shop that you can buy stuff. There are 3 ender chests that you can store your bought stuff in.

Battle arenas: there is a portal that teleports you to them

There are

1. starter arena:
    This is the arena you start in it’s a 35x35 arena. Max players: 50. Max time: 15 mins. After you hit the max time you can go back in after 5 mins (you can also go in other arenas). This goes for all arenas.

2. Starter arena 2:
    To unlock this arena you have to have killed 30 players in the starter arena it is a 45x50 arena. The gear you have is an iron sword sharpness I and full leather gear with protection II. You earn 100 gems for unlocking it. Max players: 50. Max time: 10 mins

3. starter arena 3:
    To unlock this arena you need to kill 40 players in the starter arena 2 and it is a 50x50 arena. The gear you have is an iron sword sharpness II and full leather armor protection III. You get 150 gems for unlocking it. Max players: 50.
    Max time: 15 mins

4. Amateur arena:
    To unlock this arena you need to kill 50 players in the starter arena 3 and it is a 50x50 arena. You have an iron sword sharpness II and chain armor protection IV. You earn 300 gems for unlocking it. Max players: 50
    Max time: 20 mins

5. Pro arena:
    To unlock this arena you need to kill 75 players in the amateur arena and it is a 60x60 arena. You have a diamond sword sharpness III, full iron armor protection V a bow power II. You earn 500 gems for unlocking this. Max players: 50. Max time: 20 mins

6. expert arena:
    To unlock this arena you need to kill 100 players in the pro arena and it is a 60x60 arena You have a diamond sword sharpness IV, iron armor protection VI and a bow power III. You earn 725 gems for unlocking it. Max players: 50

7. Master arena.
    To unlock this arena you need to kill 150 players in the expert arena and this is a 70x70 arena. You have a diamond sword sharpness V, full diamond armor protection VIII ands bow power IV. You earn 1000 gems for unlocking it. Max players: 50
    Max time: 10 mins

8. Regular arena.
    This is an arena where you get iron armor and an iron sword. The map is 50x50. This is an arena anyone can go in. You earn 1-3 gems for each player you kill. Max players: infinite

9. mob fighting arena:
    This is an arena where random mobs will spawn. Any player can go in. You have diamond armor and a diamond sword and a bow. You earn 20-50 gems for surviving each game. Max players: 10 players in each arena (there are 3 mob fighting arenas). Max time: 30 mins

10. Boss battles:
    In this arena you have diamond armor, a diamond sword and a bow. The bosses are mobs that do +4 damage damage and have 400 health. The arena is 50x50. You earn 10 gems for each boss you kill. Max players: 10 (there are 3 boss arenas)

11. kit pvp
    There are kits you unlock for killing players that you use in this arena. The arena is 50x50. Anyone can come in this arena. There are four npc’s that you click to pick your kit before going in. Max players. 50.

12. enchantment arena
    This is the arena where you can use your enchantment books and items you buy from stores (keep inventory is on in this arena). Max players: 30

13. team fight arena
    You have 3 lives and there are 10 players on each team. The last team standing wins. Max players in each team fight arena: 20 (there are 3 team fight arenas).
    Max time: 19 mins

Kits:

PvPer:

Cost: free

Abilities: 1 splash potion of strength I every 30 seconds.

Items: full iron armor, an iron sword, a bow and 32 arrows

Ninja:

Cost: 1000 coins

Abilities to (shadows): teleports 25 blocks in the direction your facing (kind of like blink in SSM but buffed). Recharged every 45 seconds. Press the ended pearl in your inventory to use

Items: full chain mail armor protection II, an iron sword sharpness I, a bow, 64 arrows and 3 splash potions of speed I (10 seconds)

Knight:

Abilities (knights rage): you take 50% less damage and 20% less knock back for 10 seconds but you get slowness I. Duration: 10 seconds. Recharges every 1 minute and 30 seconds. Right click and left click at the same time to use.

Items: full diamond armor, diamond sword, a bow, 32 arrows and 1 splash potion of strength I every 30 seconds (10 seconds).

Archer:

Abilities (3 shot): shoots 3 arrows at the same time. Recharged every 30 seconds. Left click when arrow is charged to use.

Items: iron armor protection I, an iron sword sharpness I, a bow power I, 128 arrows and 1 splash potion of jump boost every 30 seconds (10 seconds)

The tournament seasons:
    Every season is 1 month and there is a leaderboard for how many kills players have and every player will be given prizes depending on how many kills they have on ANY arena (excluding mobs). The top 100 players will be put on a leaderboard for the next season until new champions arise. There is also a place to view your stats if you don’t get on the leaderboard. If you miss the day the prizes are being you will get them immediately when you log on to mineplex. If the prize says

Prizes:
    0-5 kills: 1000 gems
    5-10 kills: 1 old treasure and 1250 gems
    10-20 kills = 2 old treasure and 1500 gems
    20-30 kills = 3 old treasure and 2000 gems
    30-40 kills = 1 ancient treasure and 2500 gems
    40-50 kills = 2 ancient treasure and 3000 gems
    50-60 kills = 2 ancient treasure and 3250 gems
    60-80 kills = 3 ancient treasure and 3500 gems
    80-100 kills = 5 old treasure and 4000 gems
    100-120 kills = 5 ancient treasure and 4250 gems
    120-150 kills = 5 ancient treasure and 4500 gems
    150-200 kills = 6 ancient treasure and 5000 gems
    200-250 kills = 7 ancient treasure and 5250 gems
    250-300 kills = 1 illuminated treasure and 5750 gems
    300-350 kills = 1 mythical treasure and 6250 gems
    350-400 kills = 1 mythical treasure and 6750 gems
    400-500 kills = 2 illuminated chests and 7250 gems
    500-600 kills = 1 omega chests and 8000 gems
    600-700 kills = 2 mythical treasure and 9000 gems
    700-800 kills = 1 mythical treasure and 10000 gems
    800-900 kills = 2 omega chests and 10725 gems
    900-1000 kills = 2 omega chests and 11050 gems
    1000-1200 kills = 2 mythical chests and 12000 gems
    1200-1500 kills = 2 omega chests and 13000 gems
    1500-1700 kills = 3 mythical chests and 14000 gems
    1700-2000 kills = 3 omega chests and 15000 gems
    2000-2300 kills = 3 mythical chests and 16000 gems
    2300-2700 kills = 3 omega chests 17000 gems
    2700-3000 kills = 4 mythical chests and 18000 gems
    3000-3500 kills = 3 omega chests and 19000 gems
    3500-4000 kills = 4 omega chests and 20000 gems

You earn 5-10 coins for killing a player in any arena and 1 for killing a mob

The shop:
    This is where you can buy potions and items. Right now there are types of potions.

1. strength I. Cost: 200 coins
    2. Strength II. Cost: 400
    3. Strength III. Cost: 600 coins
    4. Speed I. Cost: 200 coins
    5. Speed II. Cost: 400 coins
    6. Speed III. Cost: 600 coins
    9. Sharpness I book 200
    10. Sharpness II book. Cost: 400 coins
    11. Sharpness III book. Cost: 800 coins
    12. Protection I book. Cost: 200
    13. Protection II book. Cost: 400 coins
    14. Protection III book. Cost: 800 coins
    15. Full iron armor. Cost: 300 coins
    16. Iron sword. Cost: 250 coins
    17. Full diamond armor. Cost: 500 coins
    18. Diamond sword. Cost: 375 coins

Tell me what you think!

Posted Nov 17, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 19, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  2. This is basically gladiators but fancier

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    txmman2oo5 likes this.
  3. What do you mean? There can be a max of 100 players in each arena. I don’t get it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
  4. Hey there!

I am somewhat confused. Is this supposed to be a lobby game, or is it supposed to be a normal gamemode, or is it supposed to be kind of like Clans, where there is no stop and end to the game? I am going to assume this isn't supposed to be a regular gamemode, but if it is, how does someone win? It sounds like this game is more like a never-ending type of game, so is the castle that you spawn in a no-pvp zone, with a shop and different portals to the different arenas included throughout? Now, I have to agree with @FluteVegetables that this seems like a fancier version of gladiators. Because of that, I feel that although this game would probably have a lot of hype around it at the beginning, it would die out fast due to there just not being that much to do. Once you unlock all the different arenas, there isn't a goal to go for, it just becomes a pvp practicing area. Due to these reasons, at this moment in time it'll be a -1 from me. Perhaps try to think of some ways to keep players active and interested in the gamemode over a long period of time. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. Hello!

Although, some of your idea comes off confusing. I think I get the idea! I this could be the next PVP game that is much needed, in my opinion. However, once the game would be beaten. The players would not come back. Maybe a way to fix this is to have prestige's? That could work, or maybe a more unique idea that would keep bringing players back. I think the development of the game would be pretty simple. I think the overall idea is great! Just something that needs to be worked on is bringing players back, and to add twists to create the game to be more unique. So as of right now I am giving this idea a +0.5.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  6. ok I’ve added A LOT more stuff to make the game better please look over it again. I’m also making a poll to see your opinions on the NEW additions to the game. Thank you
    --- Post updated ---
    I’ve also added kit pvp team battles and tournaments

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 18, 2019
  7. Please write a better description of the idea.

Right now we have to interpret the thread to try and understand what you were going for.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  8. What do you mean? Read the full idea. Go up until you can go up any more the read the IDEA. Not just me saying I added more stuff

OP OP
  9. I did read the main thread, but it leaves stuff up to interpretation.

You didn't even mention that you're going to be killing players. Of course, you can figure this out when you start reading the WHOLE thing, but you should have an overview where people can get the general picture of the idea without committing themselves to reading the whole thread.

So, again, please write a better description of the idea.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  10. Hey!

What I understood out of this is it has a system like arms race but in PVP arenas. The kills you got throughout the arenas determine how many kills you got that contribute towards the rewards section?? Finally, Is it like a seasonal event, or does it stay throughout the season and that's how players get to 3500-400 kills? So far, It's very vague and for that, I'm giving a -1. It's a cool idea overall though.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  11. It is not just about the tourney remember. I didn’t just make this game for the tournament. There is kit pvp, mob battles and team battles.

OP OP
  12. Again, please write a better description of the idea. I don't want to keep repeating this, but it's important if you don't want your idea to fall on deaf ears.

Also note what @Not_Gamer started his response with: "What I understood out of this is..."

This exactly. The thread is very vague, it needs a better overview of the idea.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  13. I think it’s a good idea and if I was dev I will add it it’s be great

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  14. So I’ve made a description.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2019
    neropatti likes this.
  15. I personally think this would be a fun idea, like something to do when I am bored of Cake Wars/Sky wars which when I am bored of those two, there aren't a lot of PVP related games that I consider to be fun, I mean I like one in the quiver but it gets annoying waiting in the Mixed Arcade arena, I don't know what everyone meant by "this article is vague", and I personally feel like you did a good job describing it. I do feel like a lot of stuff could be better executed and managed than said in your suggestion, like for example I feel like it would be cool if each arena was divided into 5-15 minute rounds of pvp/pve minigames or something along those lines and that is what this thread is basically for.... so...other than that, I really like the idea...
    +1 with some changes.
    P.S. perhaps the name could be something like Multi-Arena

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  16. Ok. I’ve changed it

OP OP
    rexh17 likes this.
  17. I get the idea, seems like a fun game I’m with ya on this one.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  18. I think I understand it better now, but I still don't think the rewards are the best. 80-100 kills = 3 illuminated treasure and 4000 gems seem too good for how easily you can get it. I average about 20-30 kills in Cake Wars when I'm not even doing much. When I try, I'll get some 50 kills off of the other players. I only need to do that twice to get myself 3 illuminated treasures. Otherwise, the game sounds pretty fun and competitive. I'll give it a +0 because I want to see what others think.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    AshtonIsBad likes this.
  19. Ok I’ll nerf the prizes

OP OP
    AshtonIsBad likes this.
  20. Heyo!

I don't think adding this game mode is a good idea seeing as we already have Gladiators which is very similar to this and KitPvP takes a lot of development resources which is why it's usually held on its own server. Other updates and new games should be prioritized over this in my opinion and it would add to their waiting time if we were to start a project such as this. Other than that, this game seems extremely repetitive as it's only PvP in a pit of a large number of players and I can sense a large amount of raging happening if players get targeted over a few lives. Overall, this game would cause unhappiness after a long time if it is not kept up by constant updates.

Posted Nov 24, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 24, 2019