• 2934 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11372 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [NEW GAME] Mineclash

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Shqdyy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Hello!

I really like this idea, and I think it would be a great addition to the server. I really enjoy how you took the time to think of kit suggestions, and I can tell you put a lot of effort and creativity into them. Although I agree that it is similar to bridges, based on the work you put into it already, I think you can alter it to make it more of its own game mode.

Posted Jun 28, 2019
  2. Thank you! I will definitely think of some changes to make

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2019
  3. Hey there!
    This idea definitely seems very interesting and brings up a very new way of approaching bedrock games which I'm all for! I most certainly like the idea of this dragon egg theme and I like the way you've structured your thread to include all the necessary details.

Personally, I see this game to be quite similar to Bridges and since bedrock doesn't yet have bridges this might be a good alternative if Mineplex doesn't plan to incorporate Bridges into bedrock. I think that although this does introduce the game and give it some light I think it might still be a little too similar to the original Bridges so if Mineplex does eventually put in Bridges, there might be some overlap.

Instead of having islands with ores and etc. what about changing the "in-between" stages to something more demanding. So since there are infinite respawns, what if players lose their things when they respwan and might have to mine again? It might make it more challenging for teams to get to the top but then again it might be pretty broken haha.

I think the ending seems pretty blunt since right after they spawn the dragon it instantly kills everyone. What if the game then alternates to include a dragons-game like scenario to where the dragon breaks through islands and etc. to create a parkour map? That might bring an interesting challenge. After the dragon is unleashed, should everyone then have finite lives as well? Making it harder to figure out who the eventual winner is.

You can play around with my suggestions but really I like the overall suggestion and I'd love to see this game featured on bedrock. I think it will definitely be a great addition and will be quite fun to play on. Keep up the great work batch buddie, +0.5

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  4. +1

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  5. Not sure if mineplex is willing to support 32 players in a game
    --- Post updated ---
    I’d probably reduce the number of players to 24. So 6 players per team

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  6. good idea i like it

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  7. Does the ghast kit have a fireball cooldown or can you spam all of them at the same time? Also, does the recharge occur for individual fireballs or is it a hard reset every two minutes. I feel like the ability to spam 10 fireballs every two minutes might be a bit overpowered. Anyways, nice blueprint! c:

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  8. The ghast kit has a fireball cooldown between throws.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  9. Hello there!

I really enjoy this suggestion as it was well thought out! My only comment is a possible suggestion to the idea of "capturing the dragon egg". How about the dragon egg is on a platform where teammates must be standing on and get kills. These kills attribute to the overall kill goal (lets say 50 kills roughly) that must be required before obtaining the dragon egg and bringing it back to the teams island.

While this does sound similar to capturing a beacon as suggested above, the multiple teams trying to hold one beacon can be difficult. Primarily due to it continuously being contested I find it hard to see the teams unlocking the egg this method. With something like a kill-counter on the side it helps players keep track of all teams kills needed (that way teams can attack other teams accordingly).

Again, kills towards the overall kill goal must be done on the platform. This way players that die accidentally (or on purpose) don't increase the "overall deaths" as this doesn't demonstrate the skills of everyone on the team.

Feel free to critique and explain further if I missed anything!
    SourSky

Posted Jul 23, 2019
  10. Hi there! After reading your comment I have come to the conclusion that 10 kills would be too less for such an intense game. The requirement should be much higher at least 20-30 kills. Also, I agree with your idea. The point required to be captured should be where the dragon egg is and players should stand on it and kill. The death requirement is something I still need more criticism on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 23, 2019
  11. First off this sounds a lot like bridges to me but with walls instead of bridges, though overall this is not that bad of an idea but Bridges exists and has most of what you said this would have, there's also 4 teams and around 8 players each team when I've played it, and also the no more than 5 death requirement for the Egg sounds a bit hard for some, 10 kills could mean 2 players cannot get the egg making it harder for them, this could also completely eliminate a team by people killing all of that team members 5+ times making it Impossible for that team to win. Also the idea of a dragon killing everything might take a while and such you could change it to that the Egg when returned to a base means nobody can respawn or is the way win. Just my thoughts - Ihyr

Posted Jul 23, 2019