• 379 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6199 Players Online
  • 5820 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New game idea

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by TeamBarnesOB, Jul 23, 2021.

1. A new game could be king of the hill which you would a knockback stick and a kit could be archer and the lobby sizes would 10-15 players and whoever gets 30 seconds time on the hill will win

Posted Jul 23, 2021
    ChicasBooty and 777 like this.
  2. I believe Mineplex used to have a king of the hill game mode a long time ago. It would be interesting to see it come back for sure!

Posted Jul 23, 2021
  3. Hello!

I think this is a cool idea, but I don't see it succeeding on its own. The division of the player base does not to be tampered with by adding new games at the current state, however I wouldn't mind seeing this become something like a nano game. A quick, easy to learn game that doesn't get old if you play it a couple times in a row. Sounds like a good fit to me :)

Posted Jul 23, 2021
    siee likes this.
  4. So you expect us to gain more players by just keeping the same games and changing nothing? New games need to be added to draw players in. Maybe not this game, but a new game is needed.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
    Ian923 likes this.
  5. Hey!

I totally agree with what @PROSTONE said above. This seems like it would be a cool game to add to the NANO rotation as it looks to be more of a mini-game. Though I do think a modification to your idea would to have the only kit being the knock back stick cause you can’t really select kits in NANO. I also don’t really see the point of an archer kit, that would just be extremely annoying since people using it would probably just bowspam the players around them so nobody can get close and hit them off. I’m not only saying it would be good in NANO because of the player base, but considering the game is to be 30 seconds, there’s no point in implementing it as its own game.

There is a new game being worked on thats going to hopefully come out some time in the near future. We can’t reveal what the game is, nor do we know the date it is to be released, but we do know it’s being worked on and has been for a while.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  6. Why does everything have to be so hush hush with updates? It makes a bit of sense for not "disappointing the community" if it doesn't actually happen but that really shouldn't be as big of a problem as it is. The upsides to putting out information about the new update/game clearly outweigh the very small downside.
    The server really needs to pull players right now, and hype about a cool new game would do just that. In addition to hype, players can provide feedback about what they think on the new game before it's released, something that Mineplex doesn't really do that it clearly needs.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. You're asking the wrong person. I'm a Moderator, not a Developer.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  8. They told us this in October 2019.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  9. I think this would be a good idea to add this, but as @PROSTONE and @siee said, I think this would better fit the Nano games selection as it would be fast-paced and too short for a normal game.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  10. So you know what the new game is, but have been instructed not to tell the community anything about it, for no reason?

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  11. No, we don't know. We're in the same boat as you.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
    Zyta and ItsFree like this.
  12. HAHA, ofc there is a new game thats being worked on

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  13. By saying that "we can't reveal what the game is" you imply that you do know what the game is but are not allowed to say what it is, leading to what would look like an inconsistency.

Posted Jul 24, 2021
  14. My bad, I worded it wrong. I meant to say even if we did know, we wouldn’t be able to reveal either way. Not that big a deal :/

Posted Jul 24, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and ItsFree like this.
  15. Hey!

Bedrock hasn't seen the King of the Hill Gamemode yet and I would really love to see it added. I made an idea for it to come to bedrock a couple of years back if you would like to see it you can view it here. Overall I think this game would fit in so well with some of the current games. I think KoTH would be one of our more chill pvp games and it would just be so much fun to play!

- GuardianInASuit | Bedrock Mod

Posted Jul 25, 2021
  16. That sounds like a fun idea, and its a good practice for knockback dodging! I believe there isn't too many minigames since if there are too many game options on a server, its hard to distribute the players as the more games the less of a chance of the less popular increasing, but this is a great idea for a monthly or seasonal game actually!

Posted Jul 25, 2021
  17. 777
    x

Outstanding Idea, i honestly love it, I'd play this every day

Posted Jul 25, 2021
  18. I used to enjoy game modes that issued that. Never got boring because of the dedication of users attempting to keep control of the hill.

Posted Jul 27, 2021