• 1890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10328 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Game Idea - Horse Capture

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by WyckedVixen, Aug 17, 2019.

1. This is my first idea..possibly for the future...not sure If i will get good feedback on it or not....but what if there was a pvp game where the is horse in the center of the map and players have to get to that horse and ride it into a stable to win. Pvp enabled, you could have different kits such as an Archer Kit to get a bow and arrow to 1 shot people...default would be a sword kit...basic iron sword to fight other people with...and the whole point is to find your way through a maze to get to the horse while trying to fight other players off. Should have like a respawn limit of 3 times and the horse doesn't always spawn at the same place. Etc..if not a horse then maybe a pig with a saddle, players get the carrot on the stick item or have to find the item.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  2. Hia!

I think this would be a okay game. Just the only thing is, it could be easier to win. And when you said it randomly spawns, what if it spawns right next to a stable? And, one other thing is that if you can only re-spawn up to 3 times, basically it is a pvp game that doesn't need a horse. You could win by killing everyone 3 times. This is a suggestion that could make it better:
    1. First off, you should need 3 or 5 horses in the stable to win.
    2. Have it spawn in the same area, so it doesn't spawn right next to a stable.
    3. Have infinite spawns.
    Thank you!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  3. That sounds like King of the hill except now with a maze.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  4. Heyo!
    I want to just say that this game seems like a monster Maze/king of the hill combined, as already said above. I am also very confused at the description of the game, so maybe try adding more detail about this game.

My issue with this so far is the general idea of it. Only getting 3 respawns seems a bit unfair, especially if archer kit 1 shots players. Something else I don't understand is how would it spawn at different spots if the horse is always at the middle? Would it be different spots at the center? Also, if you were to have the horse, would players be able to deal damage to it, to you, where would the stabkes be at, etc.

A suggestion I have could be making a team human and a team horse? So instead of just 1 horse, there would be 3 but players would be controlling then, trying to run away from players. If the horse gets right clicked on, the player turns into a ghost and waits for the other horses to either kill the player on the horse, or try to block them off. This way, you could make the game 5+ minutes (if there were infinite respawns for the humans), and make it so there is a way to respawn if you are on the horse team. This is just an idea, you don't have to consider it.

Overall, I am very confused about the concept of the game so far and feel it is lacking a little bit of detail from the description. Perhaps editing it and adding more details would be better. I have mixed feelings, so this is going to be a 0 from me. Hope I helped!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. Hello there!
    As others have already stated, I have mixed feelings about it. I fear it may be too similar to Sheep Quest to be implemented, as Sheep Quest is where you grab the sheep and walk it back to an animal pen, and that sounds very similar to this game idea you have, besides the fact that you didn't mention anything about being able to take a horse away from another team. I do agree with @Knazamn that there should be infinite respawns, as otherwise it's more of an elimination game, and people won't care as much about the horse objective. I also agree that more than one horse should be required to win, as with just one horse, the game may end too fast. Also, if a player gets onto a horse, where do they have to go to get to the stables? Is it an open path in the center they have to walk, or do they have to navigate the horse through the maze? Due to all of the open holes and the similarity to other games, it will unfortunately be a -1 from me. Still thanks for posting, have a great day! :)

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Apollo317 likes this.