• 877 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2961 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New game: City Escape

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ok I have an idea for a game called city escape.

So you spawn in a city with chain mail armor and an iron sword.

(2-4 player game)

after 1 minute 5 skeletons, 5 zombies and 5 blazes will spawn.

after 1 minute and thirty seconds one of the buildings will set on fire and a chest with a diamond sword will spawn.

After 2 minutes 10 zombies, 10 skeletons and 10 creepers and 2 evoker will spawn.

After 2 minutes and thirty seconds another building will start burning lava will start appearing in random places

After 3 minutes 15 zombies, 15 skeletons, 15 creepers and 15 spiders will spawn and 4 witches (you get iron armor)

After 4 minutes another building burns and a pathway spawns.

After 5 minutes and fifteen seconds 25 zombies, 25 skeletons, 25 creepers, 25 spiders and 15 blazes spawn in front of the gate (you get diamond armor.

Before you go through the pathway an iron golem spawns

Once you kill the golem you go through the pathway and win

Kits:

Civilian:
    Cost: free

Iron sword sharpness I, iron chestplate and boots and 1 strength I potion (1 minute) leap ability once every 1 minute

Warrior:

Cost: 4000 gems

Strength I, all armor has protection I, sword has sharpness II and leap ability once every 15 seconds and iron armor. Special: strength II 9 seconds (can only be used once per game)

Archer:

Cost: 3000 gems

Bow with power I and infinity I, grapple hook (makes a wooden bridge that disappears in 13 seconds) can be used every 15 seconds and a iron sword with sharpness I. Protection II on chestplate (chestplate only)

Hero

Cost: achievement kit

Diamond sword sharpness II, bow power I and infinity I, leap ability every 20 seconds, grapple hook (makes a wooden bridge that disappears after 14 seconds) and 1 strength II potion

Achievements:
    Escaper: win 20 games of city escape
    Mob slayer: kill 2000 mobs in total
    Maniac: kill 100 mobs in 1 game
    Demon: kill 7000 mobs in total

Posted Oct 30, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 30, 2019
  2. I think you should be more clear in your post. Like for example, you do not specify what a grapple hook does. Warrior seems a lot better than archer anyways, and there is not a free kit. In addition, does 30 zombies, skeletons, and creepers mean 30 total mobs, or 30 of each?

Posted Oct 30, 2019
  3. It means a total of 30 mobs and I’ll be more clear

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2019
  4. Perhaps instead of there just being zombies, creepers, spiders and skeletons, as the game goes on, more difficult mobs can appear. So you can start with zombies and creepers but slowly add in more and more blazes or witches etc.

The intervals for the events happening aren't the same throughout. This is a bit picky, but that could make it quite confusing and it just doesn't feel as good as having the events happening at set intervals.

In regards to the kits, strength is so overpowered so I'd consider removing it for all kits entirely. Warrior would be so overpowered it would break the game (strength III + sharpness II sword can one-shot everything). Archer's power III bow also could be changed to power I or II. I'm not entirely sure on how the game would play, but I think that the archer's special ability could be changed to an arrow barrage effect (like skeleton smash in SSM). Your hero kit just puts every good thing from the other kits into one completely busted kit so I'd consider rethinking that kit. The Civilian kit doesn't make much sense to me. It starts with some iron armour, but you get iron armour eventually anyway, which is then replaced with diamond armour in the end, making it useless? They should get something unique instead.

Finally, I think the number of mobs for the Mob Slayer achievement should be increased to 1-2k (since there's a total of 200 mobs per game).

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  5. Hey!

This looks like a cool game, but I have some suggestions to make this a better game.

The mobs. There is no variety between the mobs. The same mobs are spawning all the time, and I think it would be boring to fight the same mobs throughout the entire game. I would like to see some different mobs spawning as well, for example, Blazers, Witches, Withers, etc.

How often the mobs spawn. As you have suggested, the mobs are spawning every 1 minute. This is way too fast, and it would be a big mess. You should slow down on the time when the mobs are spawning. Maybe 3-4 minutes. It depends on how hard it is to actually get away from the mobs.

Overall, I like this idea but I think it's too similar to Halloween Havoc. The concept is the same, defeating mobs. In order to make this a little bit more original, you'll need to come up with some new features/ideas that would make the game different. Having a game similar to Halloween Havoc would make people tired of playing it, and it would decrease the amount of players.

For now, I'll give this a 0 because I think it could be something cool to play, but it needs some updates first.

Posted Oct 30, 2019