• 879 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2963 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New game: Base Raid

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Nov 8, 2019.

?

How’s the idea?

1. +1

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. +0.5

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. +0

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. -1

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. So this is a 10v10 game (2 teams)

How to play:

10 players spawn around an end crystal. There are 2 others end crystals. Each player gets 1 and a half stacks of cobblestone an iron pick axe, a stone sword and leather armor and 3 mob spawn eggs (cannot be a mob that has over 20hp). You can only spawn mobs on gold blocks. After 6 minutes the barrier breaks and players can try to destroy the other teams end crystal. Every minute every player gets a wall (cobblestone wall 3x3 disappears after 30 seconds) to protect the base even more or just protect themselves and every 2 minutes they get 2 mob spawn eggs (cannot be a mob with over 20hp). Whichever team destroys all crystal first wins. Also there is a wither spawn egg in each base wither is nerfed and has 150 hearts. The mobs also have iron armor and the battle is in a 110x90 battlefield. Every 2 minutes there is 3 chests will spawn in random places (cannot be in a base) each chest can only have 1 of the listed items each
    1. Diamond sword 10%
    2. Iron sword 20%
    3. Bow 30%
    4. Bow and arrows 10%
    5. 10 arrows 50%
    6. 2 cobblestone walls

Modes:

1. Insane mode (don’t have to be added right away)

Every player has 3 stacks of cobblestone (kits still apply) chain armor an iron sword as 3 mob spawn eggs (there would be 30 gold blocks). The main crystal has 150hp, the mini crystals have 70hp and the building time is 11 minutes.

Kits:

Raider:

Cost: free

2 stacks of cobblestone and an iron sword and you get a cobblestone wall every 45 seconds (once barrier is broken) and a bow (7 arrows only).

Fighter:

Cost: 5000

diamond sword, 2 and a half stacks of cobblestone and a bow (10 arrows only) cobblestone wall every 45 seconds and fighters vengeance (deals 4 damage to any player in a 5 block radius) every minute.

Defender:

3 stacks of cobblestone an iron sword a bow (10 arrows only) and cobblestone wall every 30 seconds) and defenders wall (7x4 wall disappears after 20 seconds) every 2 minutes

Ranger

2 and a half stacks of cobblestone an iron sword, a bow (15 arrows only) cobblestone wall every 45 seconds and rangers 3 shot ability every minute (right click bow twice to activate)

Achievements:

True raider: win 20 games of base base raid

Killer: kill 100 players

Archer: kill 100 people with a bow

Ultra raider: win 50 games of base raid

Murderer: kill 20 people in 1 game

True killer: kill 1000 people

Clarifications:

There are 20 gold blocks in each base.

The base radius is 30x20.

The main crystal has 100hp.

There is a barrier so that you can’t go to the
    other players area until the barrier breaks.

The battlefield (the land separating the two bases (is 50x50 and 10 at the back)

There are 5 gold blocks at each side and 10 at the back (in insane mode 10 at the sides

The battle is on land.

The two other crystals have 35hp and are called mini crystals. They must be destroyed before you kill the main crystal

There is a 4x4 barrier around the main crystal so you cannot place blocks right around it

The mini crystals are on the very side of the barrier.

The mini crystals still have a 3x3 barrier around them

The wither can kill players but cannot do damage to the crystals or break blocks

Your supposed to make more of a building but not detailed just protection for the crystals.

tell me what you think

The mobs are to make it harder and it’s a bit more fun and surprising to see a blaze or something in this game :)

Posted Nov 8, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 11, 2019
  2. Hey!
    So after fully reading this idea I think it's a cool idea I really think you put a lot of thought and effort into this idea and that's really awesome. A couple questions I had while reading this idea was, where are the gold blocks? Are they on the islands where each team is? Can you place your mobs on the opposite teams gold blocks? Would the crystal break after 1 hit from a sword or would it have a lot of health maybe like 200? I also think this idea resembles Cake Wars a lot where instead of trying to eat a cake you are trying to destroy a crystal. I really like how much thought you put into it along with it sounds like a fun game and it has some neat kits. I have to give it a -1 though because I think that the game is so close to Cake Wars that this game isn't really needed at this time. Nice idea though! :D

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  3. This is not supposed to be like cake wars. Please read the new clarifications. I’ll give you a reason it’s not like cake wars

1. there are 3 crystals (added 2)

2. it’s on land

3. you can’t build right on the crystals it’s kinda like a protection building around the crystals

4. There is a barrier that lasts 8 minutes

5. you can spawn mobs in you base

(I’ve added a few new features too)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  4. Hey!

I think that this is a very cool idea, and I like to see the effort you've put into this idea. However, I have some questions.

The mobs, will they have any armor, or will they just have less than 20hp and no other extra armor? If that's the case, it would be too easy to kill all the mobs, and all that remains to destroy the end crystal is to get through the cobblestone walls. It would be nice if it was a little bit tricky to kill the mobs.

Also, are there two teams with 10 players each? Or is it multiple teams? I didn't quite get that.

Speaking of the achievements, there's one achievement that sounds too hard to do, and that's the "Murderer" achievement. It's impossible to kill 20 players because it's a 10v10 game, and you'll have to kill yourself + your teammates. I assume that it's a team-based game, so you'll need to change this.

Overall, I like the idea, but I think it's too close to Cakewars as @Epicbuilder435 said. The fact that you'll need to protect something makes the whole game a cakewars based game. I know that it's differences between these two games, but the concept seems the same. Maybe if you can transform this idea into a game that it's not really about protecting something, it could be considered to become a real game. But as it seems now, I don't think that Mineplex would make a game that's similar to an existing game.

I'll give this a -1, but I like the creativity!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    pokyvessel52506 likes this.
  5. The mobs would have armor and there are 3 crystals and there are 2 teams this is not based off of cake wars because there are 3 games but I’ll add something new to make it unique

OP OP
  6. Hey!

I think that this game would be an amazing idea and I think that it would be a fun and cool game to be able to play on the Mineplex server! I think the majority of the community will play this game as well, as it seems very fun.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  7. Well I just want to say that it doesn't matter if it's 3 games or not, beacuse the concept is still to protect something which in Cakewars is the cake. However, I'm glad that you'll try to make it more unique because it's a good idea

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Ok tomorrow I’ll work on making it even more unique

OP OP
    Dan1el likes this.
  9. Hey, it really does seem that you’ve put a lot of thought into this idea for a new gamemode and to be honest I totally support you with this idea. It seems like it would be an amazing addition to Mineplex as we haven’t really had many new games added to the network for a while. It seems pretty unique as I haven’t seen anything like this on any other servers that I won’t mention. The kits do sound really cool and I’d love to try out a game mode that’s similar to this, good job and an amazing idea, I hope this gets added! :)
    - TheProTroller

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  10. I’ve added some new stuff

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2019
  11. This idea doesn't seem very original to me as it just mixes cake wars, bridges and castle assault together. Therefore I don't see why this should be added since we already have two of those.

The kits also don't seem very unique as they are all basically the same - more cobblestone, better sword, bow and arrow. They should be very different from one another, each encouraging a different playstyle.

The "Ultra Raider" achievement also requires an insane amount of wins, especially compared to "True Raider's" 20. It should be reduced to either 50 or 100 as 400 is way too high. The other 4 achievements also are all to do with killing people. You should add some different achievements instead.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  12. It would be for bedrock not java and it’s not based off of cake wars and it’s on land and lots of cool stuff happens

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2019
  13. Regardless of if it's for bedrock, it's still basically the same as those 3 games. You get time to prepare (bridges) and then have to break an ender crystal (cake wars and castle assault). So why you may not have based it on cake wars, it's ended up being very similar. The only "cool stuff" I can see is that you can spawn mobs? Not very cool or exciting, is it? Also, I'm pretty sure that this is very similar to the Mega Walls gamemode on another very popular Minecraft server.

Posted Nov 11, 2019