• 623 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4867 Players Online
  • 4244 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Feature idea

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by iTzAlexCab12, Jan 31, 2020.

?

Add Timer To Games

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. i think that the staff should add a timer into games for players can see when the game is about to end.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  2. I believe this already exists if I’m not mistaken. For timed games like Master Builders or any of our Nano Games, it’ll show the time limit on a scoreboard or above the pink bar at the top of the screen.
    The only “timed” games that don’t really have an actual visible time limit are games with a map crumble/rot like skywars or Microbattles. But I believe it isn’t really necessary to implement a time limit because players can see about how long is left based on the map crumble/rot.
    Of course, if there are specific games you would like to see a time limit implemented, I’d definitely be open to it.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  3. yea like cakewars and skywars would be great if they added it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
  4. You're asking a very vague question so it's hard to answer directly. I'll just give the example of SSM & Speed Builders, both of which don't have visible timers.

SSM lasts for 20 minutes before ending it in a draw if my memory serves my correctly. It doesn't show just for reasons I don't know, but I don't think that a timer for it would be at all necessary because most of the time games never last that long, or if games do last that long, spectators have already left 99/100 times.

Speed Builders doesn't have a timer at all but just ends at round 50. Once again, I'm not 100% sure of that because it might be round 40 but either way, this game doesn't have a timer because it already has an end period. If two players somehow manage to complete or tie an extra 25 rounds where each round gives the players around ~7 seconds to complete builds then it will take around 15 minutes from trying it before in my MPS whilst it was white-listed.

But talking about all the other games seems like not such a great idea because it is usually shown like 510bike said with the corruption, so it doesn't sound all that useful.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  5. I'm personally in favor of adding a timer to every game, even if it isn't necessarily required. Skywars actually used to have a timer (and a completely different scoreboard at that). I'm a huge advocate for it to make a return solely because of the time aspect. It used to be a fun challenge for me to try to reach middle as fast as I could through different scenarios I made for myself. Although I might've been the only one to have done that, I think its positives outweigh its negatives regardless. Here's what the old scoreboard looked like for reference:

[​IMG]

As I said, I much prefer this one over the current one and it's something I'd definitely want to see similar, more intuitive scoreboards in other games like Cakewars.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Im_Ken like this.
  6. Yea i agree

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
  7. I think this would be a great idea, however, this idea may be difficult to pull off. The time it takes for a game to end depends on many factors and the timer could be inaccurate. PvP battles could take longer or players could hide.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  8. Yea thats what i thought

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
  9. Heyo!
    I highly disagree. I'll be disagreeing because it already exists, like @510bike states.
    [​IMG]
    This is a random thumbnail I got on the internet. I do not own this screenshot. Anyway of you look at the right, you can see a scoreboard:
    [MINEPLEX]
    And at the bottom it shows the time. This shows a time in-game and also shows when cake rot happens.
    If I'm mistaking what you mean, then the other reason is because it just puts players under-pressure to finish the game, and then that makes it vastly more unenjoyable. That's why I'll be giving this idea a -1.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  10. As many other have said, we already have a time counter in the games where we need to know it. I don't think that it would be necessary to add a timer other games because it's simply just unecessary. Since we already got timer on Mineplex, I'll give this a -1. If you would like to have a timer on a specific place where it's not, you should edit this thread or make another one and give reasons for why you think that it should be added a timer on that specific game :)

Have a great day!

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  11. Yea but in bedrock it doesn't have that or the timer.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
  12. Post it in the Bedrock part of the forums, then.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  13. There isn't a Bedrock part of the forums when it comes to General Idea Discussion. I agree they should have mentioned they were talking about Bedrock in the original post, but there's not alot they can do about the sub-forum this was posted in.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  14. Well yes. Actually that’s probably what I meant to say :P

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    BaEconic and KerbalBoy like this.
  15. I'm down for a timer in every game. It would help a lot, beyond the average player just as you mentioned.

Starting with the average player, it can help gauge when to make certain plays and if you or your team is on track to win the game. Outside of Mineplex, many games have timers themselves, which I find useful in making decisions over taking objectives or not, how long the opposite will stay buffed for, etc. I think Mineplex will greatly benefit from the use of a timer.

Beyond the players, I think it would help people like me in the Game Insights team. Time shows up as a variable here and there and is necessary when measuring certain statistics, which are used to decide proposed balance changes.

As for staff members, I'm not sure how they would be able to use it.

The only negative out of this would be camping/stalling. Those sorts of players would use the timer to execute these sorts of plays, making games a lot longer than they should be.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and iTzAlexCab12 like this.
  16. i agree what you say thats why i want the timer in every game for i can plan attacks etc etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  17. And i also think that they should add a compass when there like 3 minutes of the game for you can find them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  18. Hes talking about Bedrock. Sw is the only game with a timer at the bottom of the screen and that game has map decay so idk why its there and not in other games

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.