• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11736 Players Online
  • 8846 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New: Farming Legendaries

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Baloo, Jul 31, 2020.

?

Would you like to see these added?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2020.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Maybe some of them

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Farming Legendaries:
    Currently, the Runed Pickaxe is one of the few items in the game with a custom texture & ability that doesn’t count as a Legendary Item. As of right now, the Runed Pickaxe is considered as a “rare item”, due to the color of the fireworks when it drops at an event (blue). I feel that the Runed Pickaxe doesn’t really fit in with other rares and should have its own category, hence the post name “Farming Legendaries”. While normal legends are based around combat in some shape or form (Movement, Ranged, Melee) these new legends would be focused around farming and the economy and would have a much higher drop rate (the same as the current RP drop rate).

Drop Color:
    Item rarity is signified by the color of the fireworks when the item is dropped at an event. From Legends to Rares each category has its own drop color to signify its rarity. Now, if the Runed Pick were to get its own category of “Farming Legend” I feel that the drop color should be orange. As it is a mix of red and yellow for Legendaries and Gold Tokens. In my opinion that makes the most sense as the items within this new category would be considered legendary items that help you more efficiently gain money or farm in some shape or form.

Color Key:
    • Legendaries - Red

• Farming Legendaries - Orange

• Rares - Blue

• Gold Tokens - Yellow

• Mounts - White
    Potential Color:
    [​IMG]

Runed Pickaxe:
    At this point, I think the Runed Pickaxe is in a good spot balance-wise. It’s very effective for gathering cobble, clearing out bases, landscaping, and almost anything else you could need. It isn’t too rare that you can’t get one within 1-3 days SOTW even if you are a smaller clan, but isn’t so common that you don’t have to work to get one. The only thing I would like to see added is the possibility of tool runes (which would come with a future nether update, pretty sure CI has a document on this). For instance, the ability to add Silk Touch that would allow players to get more interesting blocks to build with (grass, redstone ore, etc.) and would allow you to mine Diorite, Granite, and Andesite and receive regular Stone instead. These three stone variants are basically useless when it comes to anything besides building, if they were to be turned into stone when mined by a silk touch runed pick it would create less inventory clutter. Or, just make it so they sell for the same amount as cobble/stone in the shop (20 gold per).

Felling Axe:
    Currently, within the game there are two MAIN ways of getting money, you either create a giant soup farm or you RP mine for cobble to sell at shops. While the RP does indeed mine wood pretty fast, and when you use the ability you can knock out several trees in one go it wouldn’t be as efficient as an axe that mines the whole tree in one chop. On another server’s UHC game mode, there is a custom-crafted item called the Lumberjack’s axe that will chop entire trees when you mine one log. I think this would also be a pretty neat thing to add to clans. It opens a lot of doors when it comes to gathering wood to either build your base, craft chests or even sell at shops for another source of income. Currently wood sells for 10 gold a piece which is half as much as cobble, but maybe that value could be changed so that selling wood becomes a viable option for getting gold. Of course, I could see issues with potential traps, or even a lack of trees on the map. If this were to be implemented it would be nice to change it so it only works on natural trees and not player placed logs. Currently, if you were to place a log it would change to the all bark variant (meaning that each side shows bark instead of the inside texture of the tree). You could just edit the Felling Axe so that it doesn’t work on all bark variants of wood and just the normal texture (which is what natural trees are I assume or could be changed to be). Another thing to consider is that saplings should be reworked to replenish the increased number of trees felled. Perhaps the ability to place them without cool down in your own claim, meaning underground tree farms could exist and might be a good potential source of income. Might want to consider reintroducing bonemeal as well (but not used for dye, and only in your own claim).

Runic Blade:
    Increased the chance for a mob to drop a rune when killed. Could deal 5 dmg to players as it shouldn’t be a top-notch weapon because this isn’t a Melee legend, its main purpose should be for farming runes. Could maybe increase the damage when fighting a mob (to 8 dmg). This would not only increase the chance of nether mobs to drop runes but give regular mobs the chance to drop them as well. Let’s say you double the chance (maybe OP, need opinions on what the chance increase should be) of a nether mob to drop a rune, but when you kill a normal one (creeper, spider, etc.) it would give it the chance to drop a rune as well (maybe half the chance a normal nether mob has, without using the runic blade).
    Note: This was an idea posted in the clans discord but for a full-fledged Melee Legendary, I think fitting it into this category makes more sense as it should be used for farming rather than pvp.

Staff of Regrowth:
    Clans has a few different options for farming gold, whether it be doing events/raids for tokens, mining cobble with the RP, or creating a laggy mushroom farm, all of them are pretty decent sources of gold. However, farming crops is one too. Things like carrots and potatoes actually aren’t too bad for making money, the thing is the process to farm them is just overly tedious, first you have to create the farm, harvest, and then replant as well. I would say that most new players opt for farming as they don’t know about cobble mining or mushroom farms. Most veteran players remember auto cobble farms when lava and hoppers existed, and most of us use the RP to harvest cobble because of that experience. We know how great it is for getting money, but new players haven’t had that experience so they opt for vanilla farming. Adding a way to make this style of gold farming more efficient lets them compete with us when it comes to the economy. Having an item that would automatically replant when you harvested would make it so much easier. Making this seem more like the RP could be a neat idea. When you activate the ability “Regrowth” it will harvest and replant a 3x3 area (same time and cooldown as the RP) and when the ability is off it will harvest and replant a single 1x1 spot. I think this would make farming more viable than it currently is as it gives players more options. As of now, you either make a giant mushroom farm (which has planned nerfs), or you just cobble mine. Adding new “legends” that aid players in different areas like farming or woodcutting give players options that they didn’t have before.

TLDR:
    • New Event Drop: “Farming Legendary”

• Drop Color: “Orange”
    • Farming Legendaries:

• Runed Pickaxe

• Add new tool runes: “Silk Touch”
    • Felling Axe

• Instantly mine trees

• Does not work on player placed logs

• Sapling Rework
    • Runic Blade
      • Increased rune drops

• Deals more damage to hostile mobs

• Gives normal mobs the chance to drop runes
    • Staff of Regrowth
      • Instantly replants crops when harvested

• Ability: “Regrowth”
        • Replants crops in a 3x3 when harvested
    Please feel free to let me know what you think and correct me on any potential misspellings or grammar mistakes. As always, thanks for reading!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    kznny, Jarif, Hubaa and 1 other person like this.
  2. I agree with the changes that you've stated. I'd like to see this be in the game and it could help with the economy, and add more interest to the game. If these new additions were all to be added, Runic Blade would definitely be my favorite. Anyways, this seems really interesting even though it probably won't happen for a long time.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    GAM, Baloo, kznny and 1 other person like this.
  3. I like this. I think it's all pretty well thought out and I hope that all of this is implemented, especially the colour of these new legendaries. The only problem I have with this is the name "Staff of Regrowth" I am planning to release a new legendary thread once I get more insight from clans players and it might have the name "Staff" in it, but I am not too sure. Anyways, this was really impressive and I hope most of this is implemented or at least heavily considered (especially the orange colour for drops).

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    GAM, Baloo, kznny and 1 other person like this.
  4. This is definitely an interesting idea, I'm in favour of it being added - especially the addition of silk touch. The other changes sound like they'll make the game much easier to understand too. Nice idea :)

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    GAM, Baloo, Breezily. and 2 others like this.
  5. i love you balo beautiful idea

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Baloo likes this.
  6. This is definitely a good idea and something that should be implemented!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Unforgetfulll, Baloo and kznny like this.
  7. The Runic blade is too overpowered in my opinion. To be able to get runes from any mob with this farming legendary is just too unrealistic and will boost the rare economy of a server. I feel like there is not a need for a boost of runes especially if raid active clans can get the runes they need at traveling merchant or other sources such as nether. The other day I was able to purchase 68 reinforced runes because of traveling merchant so it really seems a tad bit unnecessary. I understand that this is just a brainstorm for new farming legendaries but I do not think that I want everyone to be running around with recursive bows or frosted jagged swords... For the Staff of Regrowth, instead of an ability called regrowth how about the passive ability replenish which replaces each crop that you harvest. My argument for this is so that crop farms can actually compete with cobble mining or mushroom farms as a viable option for gold with this legendary. To just wait for the ability cool down to be over to replant seems like a hassle that not many clans would force themselves to go through when other clans can have an automatic mushroom farm that they can activate once every 15 minutes to get a free for example 100-200k gold by just waiting... In my opinion, I would rather it just have a passive ability of regrowth and a buff of crop price selling so that it would be able to compete with mushroom stew. I have no problem with the rune pick silk touch rune changes as I thought they were great! I have no problem with the felling axe as well as mining wood with a runes pick can be quite tedious! Overall a great thread I would recommend 10/10.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    GAM and Baloo like this.
  8. If the traveling merchant was easier to find (smaller map, maybe it gives out clues, another CI has already made a document on reworks for it) then I would agree that normal mobs shouldn't drop runes. The thing is, at this point in time the only people who can go around buying 68 reinforced runes are power clans. No solo or small clan would ever be able to complete enough raids, UC's, or even eclipses to get emeralds to buy that many. The main purpose behind these legends is to give smaller clans the option to compete with power clans when it comes to the economy. Plus, I believe since they are normal mobs it should be a very low chance of dropping a rune, not something you would get all the time (just maybe as you are heading to nether you might kill a few mobs and get lucky). Also, if people want to take the risk and farm regular mobs (which is less efficient than going to the nether) they first have to go outside to use the Runic Blade in the first place, putting them at risk of losing it. The thing is, to use this item you are putting it a risk. It's a trade-off between getting a higher chance at runes but risk losing that bonus all together if you lose the Runic Blade. I really don't think it would be as OP as you believe it to be. The staff of regrowth does have a passive ability for harvesting / replanting a 1x1. The cooldown would boost it to be a 3x3 area for 12 seconds. I feel that a 1x1 wouldn't compete with a mushroom farm or cobble mining but it shouldn't be a 3x3 area all the time. Hence the cooldown on "Regrowth" but a normal passive (similarly to how the RP acts as a normal diamond pickaxe when off cooldown) that allows you to harvest and replant a 1x1.

I'm not totally sold on the name, I just couldn't think of anything else. If you have any suggestions for something that might work better just let me know.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2020
  9. 100% agree with this post and everything that has been said. I don’t know if you mentioned this or not, but I’m assuming that they will all have custom textures. As long as the legends are not rushed I agree with this, because I feel like it would add a lot of variety to gameplay and economic strategies.
    Big +1 from me again.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    GAM, Baloo and Daskyrules1 like this.
  10. Wow this was an amazing post. Good work to you. I feel that you have really good ideas towards the farming legendaries. I really hope uper staff see this and fall interest into your ideas. I especially like the new fireworks system because whenever I am at event and I see blue fireworks, I hope for a good sword or bow. But with the fireworks now I sometimes get disappointed to see a runed pick instead of the good rare I wanted to see. The new orange fireworks would get rid of my disappointment when I see a blue firework with a runed pickaxe. Thank you Baloo.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Baloo likes this.
  11. Maybe the axe would have a higher chance to drop golden apples and would auto break saplings giving it the normal drops allowing for quick collection of food golden apples and gold

Posted Aug 3, 2020
    GAM and Baloo like this.
  12. Runic blade would be cool although not sure if the staff of regrowth would be used

Posted Aug 3, 2020
    GAM and Baloo like this.
  13. Traveling merchant needs a change power clans with emeralds if there lucky and get tons of good runes make him easier to find and a limit on what you can buy

Posted Aug 3, 2020
    Baloo likes this.
  14. Hey, this would be a cool edition! But I would hope gapples would be changed first though because as of right now they are no better than using a soup. It would be interesting to see more of them within the game, especially for legend pvp. As for the leaves despawning, I'm not sure what kind of extra lag this would add but could be a neat edition. Maybe only the logs should be affected by the Felling Axe, but when mining them there is a chance for a golden apple to drop. But I think the leaves should despawn naturally to reduce the amount of lag though.

The goal of the Staff of Regrowth is that people have other options than just cobble mining or mushroom farms. If farming potatoes and carrots were to be buffed (as in they sell for more), the staff of regrowth would provide a more efficient option that could potentially beat out mushroom farms and cobble mining. I think with the right changes to how farming works currently (height levels, shop prices, etc) it would be a very helpful addition to the game.

Yeah, the traveling merchant should be easier to find, and it would be if the map was a lot smaller. That was one of the reasons behind creating this thread. Borderlands is excessively large, larger than the actual clans map. Considering the merchant can spawn literally ANYWHERE in this region (besides inside events), it takes ages to find him. With the addition of a smaller clans map, clues to help find him, and limits on what you can buy, I think the traveling merchant would be well worth going to. Maybe adding a "Reroll item" that allows you to change what the merchant is selling would be a neat edition. If you spent all that time searching and didn't find the specific rune you wanted you could opt for a "reroll" and get 4-5 new items (Can't remember how many the merchant offers).

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2020
  15. Yeah! Probably should have mentioned that, thank you for pointing it out. I would hope that each farming legend had its own custom texture like the RP does currently. Although I'm not too sure about which items they should replace.

For sure! The only time I like seeing a RP drop is SOTW when you don't already have one. After you have 2-3 you really don't need anymore. Having the drop color be orange would not only be nice to signify a RP drop but for team fights at events too. SOTW knowing the drop is a runed pick is almost as valuable as getting a legend, as generally you still have a lot of base work to do the first week, which is made a lot easier via the runed pick. If you were in the event with another clan and you see blue you generally lose interest in winning as a rare isn't always too valuable. If the fireworks were orange you don't have to see the drop to know you are going to get a runed pick. Plus having it orange makes the runed pick feel more valuable, even if the other farming legends never get added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Daskyrules1 likes this.
  16. I think Mineplex clans should start by fixing bugs and glitches ( server lag, Gwenn kick in raid parkour and many other bugs/glitches) before focusing on new items/systems that would potentially bring more lag at the game.

Posted Aug 6, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2020
    Baloo likes this.
  17. Yep, and I agree with you here on this. The idea behind these posts (A lot of my posts are potential ideas) is to give options for Season 7 content. While people may argue against a map reset the one currently planned actually fleshes out a lot of the issues you listed. I won't go into too many specifics but issues like block toss, raid parkour, etc all have fixes in the planned update. I would rather have a map update that fleshes out a lot of the current bugs and issues, with additional value changes to spice things up than to have to put that into dev time for season 7. Just because we get a map reset with bug fixes doesn't mean that Season 7 will be pushed back further. Clans is due for a map reset, and hopefully soon after a full-on content update for season 7. I do agree that bugs are a priority but proposing potential ideas for new content won't hurt anyone, even if it takes a while for it to ever be implemented.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020
  18. this sounds nice i cant lie, farming wood in 1 chop would be super helpful for getting a ton of wood, a auto planting farming legendary for carrots, mushrooms, potatos etc, would be soo helpful,
    i really like this idea baloo.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    GAM and Baloo like this.