• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7684 Players Online
  • 4794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Event Idea for Halloween

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by TekMonkeyJr, May 29, 2020.

1. Ok here me out on this.

The event will last 4 weeks.

Each week, there will be a select of different games that will be Halloween related. Most of them will be just regularly themed like drawing a Zombie in Draw My Thing or making a skull in Speed Builders, but there will be some gamemodes that change entirely for Halloween.

Here are some examples

- For Super Smash Mobs where you have kits, instead of us picking kits and fighting against eachother, you will pick kits to fight against a zombie apocalypse.
    - Block Hunt: Hunters are now zombies and blocks and maps are Halloween themed. If you get hit by a Hunter, your vision gets worse and worse.
    - Games like Bridges, Skywars, and Cake Wars get infested by zombies! Killing them grant loot that can be better or average depending on the kind of armor the zombie has.
    - Turf Wars immediately turns into a "Defending base from apocalypse" type game. Everyone is on 1 side of the map while the zombies rush in from the other side. Players have to defend the other side from any zombies entering it.

And of course, the Halloween themed rewards plus other new Halloween rewards are added into the pool.

There will be a new coin system for doing these activities. When you login everyday, you get coins. Winning matches will earn more coins than losing matches. Collecting pumpkins around the lobby map will earn you tokens (3 for each pumpkin with 20 total. That should also be enough to buy one or two Halloween theme items)

Add Halloween Game Amplifiers that allow you to get more coins.

This is all that I could think of so far. Any other ideas are gladly appreciated in the replies!

Posted May 29, 2020
  2. Cool ideas! (Even though I don’t have java.)

Posted May 29, 2020
  3. Hey!

These are some good ideas/changes for Halloween! I'll give my feedback on each one specifically but before I start, players should still have access to the normal gamemode version of the game that is getting changed (in my opinion). First, the SSM idea is cool. Of course, they will have to develop the game but if it doesn't take long and it is simple to make and there are no issues, I'd be perfectly fine with this! Although the maps might need to be changed to fit this idea. The block hunt idea is pretty cool but it might take a while to have more then a few maps that are Halloween based for this type of block hunt and it would just be better to make them and not edit them so Builders don't have to go through the work of changing each one back to normal and if they make new maps, they can use them for next year Halloween! But I think it's cool how the hunters are zombies and your vision gets worse everytime you get it, making it more interesting/harder to play and win!

The third idea is nice too! Though I think if it's going to be armor based, the better armored zombies will be at middle and the weakest ones should be at where you spawn. But they shouldn't be able to kill you right when you start the game so that needs to be messed with. For Turf Wars, I don't think this should be changed. It's not a big game like Cake Wars, it's just an arcade game. Obviously having new Halloween rewards is always nice! I don't think there should be coins added though, that's a whole new currency and it is just better with gems and shards! :)

Overall, most of the ideas are pretty good and with some fixes in them, they would be great for the Halloween event Mineplex has! Thanks for suggesting these ideas :D

Posted May 29, 2020
    TekMonkeyJr and 0775 like this.
  4. Hi there!

The Halloween event idea was fascinating to read, and I relish the idea of Seasonal themed games throughout the network. I want to hear more about it, however.

The Super Smash Mobs idea, how exactly would the "zombie apocalypse" work? Would it be a Call of Duty type of thing that consists of infinite rounds, or a Christmas Chaos type of thing that consists of stages until said players complete an objective? I would love to hear more about that, as an SSM player, it sounds fascinating. The other gameplay examples seem like they would be entertaining to play, particularly bridges. I would also like to hear more about these ideas.

I think adding a new currency would not be very beneficial, and would be a hassle for developers to implement into the network. I think the negatives for making a coin system easily outweigh the positives for it, especially when they are many ways mineplex could match the "event currency." Such as doubling, maybe even tripling or quadrupling XP, gem & shard earnings. I also want to hear more about the Halloween amplifier, what advantages would a player get from using it? Would it be just for a personal amplifier, or would it affect all players? I want to know everything, so let us know what you are thinking, it would be a joy to read over.

I am going to give a +0 just because I want to know more about it; I have always cherished the idea of seasonal themed games so seeing this become a thing would be a dream come true. It is a wonderful idea, and I commend you for suggesting this. I hope you have a great rest of your day/night c:

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited May 29, 2020
    TekMonkeyJr, 0775 and YoungSavage220 like this.

5. Heya! Thanks for the feedback! The SSM idea would be a Christmas Chaos type. Rounds of zombie apolcalypses, could be 5 or 10 as an example, then it will end. The objective is too simply stay alive until the end.

The Halloween Amplifier will work just like the Game Amplifiers. But instead costs gems or shards and it affects all players. The players will get more fire charges, or in this case, "Coins".

Have a great rest to you too!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
  6. It sounds very interesting and like a lot of fun. Though Halloween is 5 months away, I'd love to see this around that time. It's very creative. Awesome suggestion!

Posted May 29, 2020
    TekMonkeyJr likes this.
  7. Ooh I love the idea!

But uhhh... isn't Halloween kinda in a couple months...?

Posted May 29, 2020
  8. Hey!

I'm really interested in this idea. It seems super fun, and also super doable and realistic. I really loved reading these suggestions, as my favourite time of the year on Mineplex is during the Holiday Events, and I would love if more change was implemented during these times. As for my individual feedback:

I had the same question as Cameron, but you seemed to clear that up. This seems very fun and intriguing, but one of my biggest worries is that SSM players aren't going to be interested in this entirely. I think that during the holiday season SSM players would still like to play the original SSM, myself included. However, I believe this is an easy fix. I think the best option would be to have SSM - SSM2 - SSM(H). You could have the two regular SSM's, but also have the seasonal variant that you suggested, to give each player what they want. Of course some players would be worried about the numbers for whichever game, but I don't believe that's an issue for one simple reason: It's seasonal. If the seasonal SSM isn't a hit, well they tried, and can improve on in next year. However, if it is a hit and it takes numbers away from regular SSM, great! It's only seasonal, and SSM will go back to normal very soon. I think having both options is the best of both worlds, and only having the seasonal variant could cause some issues within the community.

As for the BlockHunt idea, I'm also intrigued. I play Block Hunt a lot, and I would be super interested in this seasonal idea, as it doesn't really take away from the game as SSM does, it just introduces another factor into the game to spice it up for a month. However, I do like the idea and am honestly pretty interested in it. I also think that the maps should stay the same, but should add an edited, zombie apocalypse type of theme. Have them Halloween Themed and run down. Somewhat like a ghost town. However, I do like the idea as well.

I'm also really intrigued by this idea, that's a common theme of this thread. I think this is a small change that would really spice these games up for Halloween. I agree with what ItsFree said, I believe that the more powerful and more rewarding zombies should be available at center, and they get weaker as they spawn closer to your cake. However, I really do like this idea, and think it's also doable and realistic.

I feel the same way about Turf Wars as I did with SSM. I don't believe the game itself should be changed. There are people on the server that like the game how it is, and changing the entire goal of the game is a pretty big change that not all players would be for. It could cause some issues in the community, and cause more harm than good. With that said, I would also like the idea of making it it's own variant and sub-game of Turf Wars. If you're playing Mixed Arcade you get the regular Turf Wars, but in a Lobby and via compass you have the option to choose Turf Wars or this Zombie Survival version of Turf Wars.

In the end, I really like these ideas and believe they would spice up the Holiday seasons on Mineplex and could bring back the numbers and spark a good marketing opportunity. The biggest issue and same applies for all changes you have here, is that it would be heavily time-consuming and would take a while to develop. I love these ideas, and as I said, I think that these changes could bring numbers back to Mineplex and offer a solid marketing strategy, however, as it is time-consuming and difficult to develop and implement, I believe there's potential for nothing to change for that reason alone, sadly. However, even if I don't think these changes will be implemented for those reasons, I still totally agree with the idea of adding them and think all of the ideas you suggested would be a positive addition to Mineplex as a seasonal event.

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and TekMonkeyJr like this.
  9. I don’t play on Java but these are some sweet ideas I think i might just have to get Java if this is done. This sounds amazing and though it would take a long time to design it would be a fun event and bring in players. I give this idea a +1 as this would be a cool thing to see.

PS. If this happens try to do it on bedrock too

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  10. I have read all of the replies so far and I love the feedback!

Although I do want to get something cleared up.

Yes, players will be able to choose between the regular version of the game and the Halloween version of the game. Players that play the regular version of the game will still get coins but won't get as much when you play the Halloween version.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
  11. These are some very nice ideas, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with Halloween on their mind. Allow me to present my take:

Smash Mobs: This sounds fun, but nearly half of the SSM kits are spooky/undead themed, so a zombie apocalypse might seem out of place. That being said, it could be a something a bit different, like the undead army becoming dissatisfied with the Pumpkin King's rule and rebelling against the pumpkin troops.

Block Hunt: Having the current Block Hunt maps become altered to be Halloween themed would be fun, just so long as they aren't butchered. Although it is an interesting idea, I can't say that I'm a fan of the Hunters giving hiders blindness with each attack. This would make combat and mobility incredibly limited, especially if the maps were just changed and the Hunters retain their armor. Another idea would be changing mobs to be different, spookier mobs (cows to spiders, pigs to creepers, chickens to baby zombies [or chickens, they're already plenty scary], and sheep to skeletons).

Cake Wars, Skywars, Bridges, etc.: I like this. It would allow for some interesting circumstances to take place (like players from two different Cake Wars teams trucing to fight off a swarm of zombies and then fighting as normal for a beacon), and I also like how they can give loot for killing them. My only question in this field though is what they will drop. For example, will a zombie wielding an iron sword drop it upon death? Or will it be a randomized thing, like the current Skywars Zombie Guardians?

Turf Wars: This looks like an interesting twist. Would they spookify the maps for this game as well as Block Hunt? Or would they keep the regular ones and just have the zombies pour out from Red's Turf? I'm also going to assume that the kill function for arrows remains the same (Marksman one-shots, Shredder does regular arrow damage).

I also agree that we need more Halloween cosmetics and that this is the year to get them. The coin system you proposed sounds like it could work, but not up there with Shards and Gems. Maybe in some leveling-type system ("Get 10 coins and unlock _____!") or in the form of Gadgets or missions (Event Mission: Use 10 Spooky Coins).

Overall, these are some fantastic ideas and I would love to see them implemented this Spooky Season!

[​IMG]

Posted May 29, 2020
  12. Hiya,
    I think you present a really good idea here and I'm glad to see the community backing these ideas. This is the kind of creative thinking and positive mindset we need moving forwards and looking at the future of Mineplex. It would be really fab if these ideas to get implemented and maybe even expanded on.
    Stay Safe,
    J4ckiboy

Posted May 29, 2020
  13. Heya!
    I think these are great and very creative ideas! I would love to see these implemented this Halloween or in the future. I like all the ideas, but I really like the Turf Wars one, as I'm an avid Turf Wars player. That may bring more people to the game! I don't know how many of these would actually be implemented, but I would love to see it happen. Keep coming up with awesome ideas.

Posted May 29, 2020