• 300 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 300 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Cosmetics: Custom Death Messages

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Tails The Fox, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Heya! I have came up with an idea for custom death messages! these death messages can be obtained from treasure chests and found in the cosmetic menu under a new section called Death messages. Here they are below

Mighty Weapon death message: Player1's mighty (weapon) killed Player 2) Rarity: Uncommon
    Shredded death message: Player1' shredder player2 using (weapon) Rarity: Uncommon
    Vanilla death message (melee) (melee. Player1 was slain by player2 using (weapon) Rarity: Uncommon
    Vanilla death message (ranged) Player1 was shot by Player2 using (weapon) Rarity: Uncommon
    R.I.P. death message: R.I.P. Player2, They were killed by player1 with (weapon) Rarity: Rare
    Assassination death message: Player1 assassinated player2 with (weapon) Rarity: Rare
    MLG death message: An MLG called Player1 has killed Player2 with (weapon) Rarity: Rare
    Was no match death message: Player2 was no match for player1's (weapon) Rarity: Rare
    Beast death message: The beast Player1 killed player2 with (weapon) Rarity: Legendary
    Skilled death message, Player1 was so skilled they killed player2 with (weapon) Rarity: Legendary
    Destroyer death message: Player1 completely destroyed player2 in a matter of moments using (weapon) Rarity: Legendary

Let me know what you guys think!

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  2. I don't see why not. It probably isn't a priority but I guess every little helps. Its a good idea but if it takes too much effort then I don't think it should be implemented.

Overall its a good idea, I'm glad you spent the time to think of this. Hope to see it in game. +1

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  3. Not bad, I've actually suggested this in GI a few years back and people liked it. Maybe it's already on their boards, but cool idea!

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  4. Bump Bump Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
  5. Sounds fun! There could be different ones for different deaths, like falling from a high place being “Catfan105 went splat” to being blown up being “Catfan105 is resting in pieces”, this sounds like a really fun idea!

Posted Nov 3, 2020
  6. Final thread bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2020
  7. I like the idea itself, custom death messages would be an interesting cosmetic to have on the server, but I feel it's not necessary because of how many other cosmetics already exist. Back when sword names were released, players complained about how they have been finding sword names that they didn't care about, especially when they were opening illuminated chests and were expecting things like legendary rarity particles and such. I feel like the same issue would happen with these death messages, even more so if you suggested so many different ones.

It's not a bad idea, but I'm certain they would turn out like the sword names did, aka cosmetics that people were hyped about first but eventually got upset each time they tried opening a illuminated chest and got wooden sword name they didn't care much about.

Posted Nov 13, 2020
  8. I like these!

A solution to this would be instead of finding a single death message for, for an example, Player 1 killing Player 2 you should be able to find full sets. That way, you're finding a lot of something small which can make up for not getting a single big thing, if that makes sense.

Example:

Magic Set

Close Combat Kill: p1 was made disappear by p2 with the use of weapon.
    Void Kill: p1 was cursed into the abyss by p2 with the use of weapon.
    Death by Fire: [solo death] p messed up his pyro trick. [killed by someone] p1 was burned at the stake by p2 with the use of weapon.
    etcetc.

Now, instead of finding only one of these in the chest, they would find the full set. Maybe they could mix and match sets or they could only have a set on, that I'm not sure about.

Careful - if something like this was to be implemented, make sure player 1 is the victim, and player 2 is the killer. That's how it's on the server right now, and if it was to be switched around depending on death message it could get confusing.

Posted Nov 15, 2020