• 4041 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12479 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Cosmetic

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Zegrax, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Somebody would request this sooner or later, so I'll just get it over with now. I'm sure everybody has heard of Airpods, or seen one of the memes about how iron boots look like Airpods. I'm here to recommend that you make this into a new hat cosmetic. Basically, you flip the iron boots entity, change the size, and place two on either side of the head so only one boot is seen on each side. This would be really funny to see on Mineplex and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks so. For the cost, I think you should be able to find them in chests or buy them for 15000 treasure shards.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. Heyo!
    I'll be honest I just made a joke about adding a new cosmetic "plexpods" that are basically airpods but just not the name (legal reasons), however, all though this would be a funny cosmetic I'm not sure it could really be added anytime soon with a new set of cosmetics I could be wrong though.. I will say I love the idea of using the iron boots but I'd maybe do white stained leather boots since they have more texture.
    Overall, pretty funny idea and I'd love to see these be added.

+1

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    Nolawn/Shaiym likes this.
  3. Not gonna lie, but this idea would be really funny to see on the server. Seeing how Airpods became a huge meme recently I'm sure that many players would be in support of this. The name "plexpods" like TeaSpiller mentioned above would be a really good fit for this new cosmetic. I'm not sure how possible this is to pull off but if it is, I'd like to see this be added. I also agree that the boots should be white stained leather boots, although iron boots would work too. Overall, funny idea you suggested and it'd be hilarious to see something like this added.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  4. Posted Feb 10, 2019
  5. This honestly kind of reminds me of a video I watched and I have to say, I love the idea of this being implemented on Mineplex. It's kind of like the fidget spinner aura in that it's a relatively popular meme that would hopefully appeal to the community. You don't even have to be entirely involved with meme culture to get it - it's just a thing now that a lot of people are aware of, which is awesome.

I think it'd just be a generally fun and entertaining way to bring more recent and fun things to Mineplex and especially in a way that players would easily understand and enjoy. I just think it'd be a fun way for players to be able to look and say, "Hey wait...." and find fun topics to talk about. Who doesn't love some good ol' airpod memes? And considering the pretty wide popularity of the meme itself, why not implement it on MIneplex? I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm totally down for this to be implemented if it is!

And yes, I agree with TeaSpiller and Umbreon in that "plexpods" would be a lovely name!

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  6. +1 I really like this idea. The name, "Plexpods," is a great name, and I don't think it would be too hard to implement. An idea I came up with for these while reading the thread, is maybe while you have them in you hear a noteblock song? I dunno, just something I thought of. Overall though, great idea, and I would love to see this implemented.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  7. Mineplex is at there lowest moment right now. Please dont add this.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  8. Nothing wrong with a fun cosmetic or two, is there?

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  9. I think this would be hilarious! +1

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  10. Dead MEME

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  11. Maybe @Tqbin was wearing airpods and couldn't hear that it isn't dead.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  12. Honestly, this doesn't seem like a bad idea. I was and still am a fan of the AirPods meme and I think adding a cosmetic like this would entertain the players and be fun to use them in lobbies. Iron boots or leather boots would represent the AirPods well since they look very similar when compared, and I honestly love the name "PlexPods". One suggestion I have is to have music particles come out from the "PlexPods". Another suggestion is that you could toggle music (jukebox discs) by sneaking and you would be the only one that could hear it, it seems like it would be a nice touch to the cosmetic but at the same time the music particles would be enough. This cosmetic seems like it would be a lot of fun to use and it wouldn't hurt to have some fun to meme around with your friends. I hope to see something like this implemented in the future as I really enjoy it and see potential in it! Have a good day.

Posted Feb 17, 2019