• 2801 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11239 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Cosmetic Idea!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by OakStairs, Aug 20, 2019.

1. I had the perfect idea when I was diddling around in the hub: Why not add some new cosmetics? I have the best lineup for Mineplex. Ready for this?

I don't think you are. Make sure you're sitting down!

The Area 51 cosmetic kit : For all your dead meme needs!

This cosmetic kit consists of:

The Naruto run : The player can now travel in style with their hands completely behind their backs. This is the most aerodynamic method of travel, as your arms and hands can really weigh you down.

"The Kyle" : This outfit is 110% sponsored by Monster Energy, but I don't have to be the one to tell you that. Take a look at his sleek black uniform, from the iconic lime green slashes all the way down to the black combat boots with neon green laces that may or may not be radiation poisoning from all that sweet, sweet Monster Energy! Kyle hasn't had any water to drink within the past week!

Mineplex's newest taunt : "They can't stop us all!" Out of context this could sound like a genuine threat, but keeping in mind the people that originally started coining this adage, you begin to realize the taunt lost all credibility many a month ago.

The Karen : Spams the chat with "I'd like to speak with your manager." That's it. Summons a staff member to /mute the Karen. Bad Yelp reviews all around!

Anyway, I hope you too see the beauty of this cosmetic kit and will join me in petitioning The Area 51 Cosmetic Kit (TM) to the Mineplex staff.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  2. Whats poppin!

I'm just gonna be frank with you. Community Management will most likely deny this idea as Mineplex has stated they will not support/and or be involved with the "Storm Area 51 Meme" as they view it as a dangerous event. Personally I think it's funny but honestly I don't believe it will be implemented.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  3. I like the naruto run, but as said above promoting things like the Raid area 51 meme isn't Mineplex's thing.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  4. But... https://imgur.com/a/jkIxCjw

I made sure to add that to the tags to get rid of any confusion, too

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2019
  5. Personally I think this is quite funny however it seems from comments above that it won't be added.l

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    OakStairs likes this.
  6. I like how a children's Minecraft server has had to say that they do not support the storming of a government facility supposedly hiding aliens.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Thunderbelly likes this.
  7. They're hiding aliens too!?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Danese, Thunderbelly and LordOfTeeth like this.
  8. I like these ideas, but I'm not sure if some of these cosmetics would be even realistic to implement. First off, the "Naruto Run" is most likely impossible to create in Minecraft. As well, a cosmetic that purposely spams the chat will most definitely never be implemented; not only can it be abused, but it is overall an unneeded feature on Mineplex. Because the Area 51 meme contains some inappropriate references, it would not be suitable for a server that is considered to be "family-friendly". Even if we did add this, it could create confusion once the meme becomes irrelevant. Therefore, as much as I do like your idea, I doubt it will be added to the server.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    4G0, Thunderbelly and UwUBladings like this.
  9. Pretty funny idea honestly but according to the replies I doubt it’d be added especially because of how dangerous this whole Area 51 meme actually may be.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  11. Hey there!
    Although your ideas are definitely facinating, I have to follow up with what others have said and say that there is a chance that this might not be considered specifically because it's connected to the Area 51 meme. Although I find that the meme partially interesting, I dont't think it would be great to support it speaking specfically about legality/reputation of the situation especially since Mineplex is a business.

Honestly, the naruto run is definitely an interesting cosmetic but my only concern is that some sort of moving cosmetic might not really fit in well with the current layout of things. Although mixing it up and bringing unique cosmetics are encouraged, I don't think it's necessary and I think that it's a little random in this case. Perhaps some sort of particle that compliments naruto instead? Maybe flames in the hair of some sort might actually work out.

The Kyle outfit sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing some radioactive costume in the store but I think I'd save that for Halloween instead of some random meme. Definitely is an interesting suggestion and I'd love to walk around looking all glow-in-the-dark like! I think maybe if Mineplex incorporated a custom server texture pack in lobbies, we could maybe see some sort of really radioactive scene? That's definitely a stretch I'm suggesting but it's an interesting one!

The new taunt you suggested is actually very interesting and would be a nice addition to the taunt options currently available. My only concern again is that it's very obvious to which meme it's supporting and looking one or two years into the future, this might not be as funny or connecting anymore. I definitely like where you're heading though.

The Karen, although iconic, doesn't really look all that interesting to me. It's quite interesting and funny but I really don't see how it compliments the overall layout of our current cosmetic options. Also looks like a big hastle for everyone. Looking at how a staff member has to come and etc. makes this very unlikely to implement. Perhaps some sort of other karen refrence that's much more subtle might do but right now this looks quite unrealistic and is a bit too out there.

Overall I loved reading through your unique ideas and I think that maybe with a few changes this could work out but I'd definitely recommend avoiding the area 51 subject as a whole in the ideas discussions. Otherwise, great work with this thread and I'm definitely looking forward to some of your other ideas! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  12. The only one I have an issue with is the Naruto one since it would technically count as profiting off of a current character in a brand, which might be in the gray area of legal issues. Maybe renaming it to something similar?

Posted Aug 23, 2019

13. But then nobody else would get the reference

By the way I never imagined this would get more than two replies oml

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2019
  14. So a lawsuit over a reference?

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  15. The Winter Princess morph description mentions Elsa from Frozen, there's also particles that give you the Master Sword and a Hylian Shield

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  16. Hello,
    As much as I think a cosmetic pack based off of a meme would be cool, there are some problems. As others have stated, doing this would be risky, as the Area 51 meme has a few references that do not necessarily belong on Mineplex. I do think your cosmetic ideas are rather creative and interesting, but having it based off of the Area 51 raid may not be the best for the server. I would not be opposed to cosmetics similar to these, just not with this specific theme. Thanks for suggesting this, but I'm gonna give it a +0 since I like the individual cosmetics.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  17. I would love to see cosmetic packs surrounding a theme sold at the shop, a lot of players don’t like the fact you don’t know the cosmetic you’re going to get when buying a chests making it hard (and potentially expensive) when you wanna get a specific cosmetic.

Posted Aug 30, 2019