• 1465 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7920 Players Online
  • 6455 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[NEW] Community Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Marzie, Aug 29, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    Banner gratefully created by Rosalia.
    Hiya everyone!

A warm welcome to the new Community Mentoring thread! Here at Community Mentoring, we strive to help community members reach their full potential. Unlike other non-official programs, our goal is to help community members fulfill their own goals or to learn more about Mineplex in any aspect. With over 150+ unique members to date, you'll be pleased to know you're in good company.

People who join this program will be assigned to a mentor who will work with them to improve their knowledge of Mineplex or to try and improve upon their mentee's own goals. This will typically involve things like providing helpful forum posts, assisting others in-game, reporting rule-breakers, or anything that the mentee requests. All of our mentors and mentor assistants teach about their respective platform (Java or Bedrock) and will always be teaching about different aspects of Mineplex. If you choose to improve something upon yourself or make some new friends, you can come try that too! We also have a few Mineplex Admins in our Discord if you want to ask them any questions.

CMP Info, Mentors, MA's, Mentee lists, more FAQ questions:
    On our old thread, we had a bunch of FAQ questions, Mentor/MA (Mentor Assistant) introductions, mentee lists, and a LOT of spoilers... which then broke the thread... multiple times. To make all the info into a more compact and have it be easier to edit info for Mentors/MAs, I put everything into a Trello board. Trello is just an easy application/site to keep track of items and keep them organized. So, if you want to learn about all the Mentors, Mentor Assistants, get even more info about CMP with FAQ questions, see what each Mentor calls their mentees, and just a whole lot of nice things to see? Go here and have a look around!

How do I join as a Mentee? What are the requirements to join?
    Community members who are interested in joining should fill out the following application and submit it as a response to this thread OR if you don't feel comfortable submitting it to be seen publicly, you can send your application to Marzie. You should not have any recent severe (sev 2-3+ [depends on what the sev 2 is for]) justified mutes/bans in-game or severe (3-4+ warning points) warnings on the forums when applying. This can get your application denied. 1 month after the mute/ban/warning has expired you may apply. After submitting your application, the manager who sent you an acceptance message will give you a discord link. Discord is our primary method of communication in our program, so you MUST be 13 or older to apply. Your mentor may use other means, but Discord is generally the only one you’ll need!

What platform are you applying for (Java, Bedrock, or both)?

What is your in-game name for the platform you applied for (please put both usernames if you applied for both platforms)?

Give us your forums profile (example - https://www.mineplex.com/members/marzie.190/):

What country do you live in?

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP?

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?

Do you have a specific Mentor you would like to be under (Java only)?

What are the requirements for becoming a Mentor or Mentor Assistant?
    Currently, the mentoring positions are generally for staff members only, however, there have been exceptions but with very far and few in between. In the future, we plan to let community members with extensive knowledge be able to be MAs. If you are a staff member who is interested in becoming a mentor, please message Marzie saying that you would like to become a MA in the future. If you are an StM or MA for Mineplex already, you cannot become a CMP Mentor/MA. Look at the question below if you want more information before messaging a manager. Click here for further information on becoming a Mentor/MA, what they do and what it takes to become one.

The last reply was over a week ago. Can I still apply?
    Yes! Since this thread is in Team Recruitment, the necro-posting rule does not apply!

Quotes
    Ayeconic (Mentee): "... The CMP is very helpful and beneficial for those looking to ... help out in the community. It's a fun and friendly environment and a great place to meet some new friends, especially if you are new to the community and Mineplex as a whole. I definitely recommend applying and good luck!"

PandaFyre (Ex-Mentor): “I’ve been a member of the CMP for over [6] months, and it’s a great way to get to know other community members. The staff who help mentor and guide you are unique and amazing individuals. I have made so many new friendships, and have learned interesting facts about players and the server. This is a one of a kind program, and I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn about the mineplex community, and make new, amazing friendships.”

Final Words
    The Community Mentoring family is unlike other groups on Mineplex. We're very tight-knit and love to hang out and talk to each other. It's an amazing experience and makes the Mineplex experience more social than ever. We know you are going to love being a part of our family. You will grow in many ways, and the best part is you get to decide how! Shoot high, so if you miss … it’s still high?

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to put it on this thread or message Marzie! Make sure to read the FAQs on the Trello board first!

- Marzie
    Mineplex Senior Moderator
    Community Mentoring Lead

Posted Aug 29, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
  2. CMP Updates - Bedrock-Only Mentor/MA, a new thread, a new application, and an overall new look!:
    - We now have a Bedrock-Only Mentor and MA! Because of this new change, we will be updating our application so you may apply for Bedrock AND/OR Java.
    - Mentees can be under 2 Mentors now, but only 1 per platform (1 Java and 1 Bedrock Mentor per mentee).
    - The CMP application was updated and some requirements were added. 99% of the people met these requirements anyways when applying and these were already set-in-place but were never publicly added to the thread. Now they're here!
    - We added a Trello board to keep track of a LOT of info that was on our previous thread. This change is so much easier, efficient, and overall nicer looking for everyone.

New Mentor/MA:
    @GuardianInASuit will be our first Bedrock-Only Mentor, congrats!
    Assisting Guardian will be @xGetRekted and he is our first Bedrock-Only MA, congrats!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2020
    FabianTuck, mat!, WowCaleb and 11 others like this.
  3. pOGggG

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    Vocaloiid, xGetRekted, xWand and 3 others like this.
  4. CMP was very fun to be a part of, and I strongly suggest that others take the opportunity to join this team as well. Congrats to Guardian and Rekted on joining the bedrock mentoring side too :)

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    GAM, Marzie and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Even though I have been a part of the CMP for only 7 days now, I'm loving every single bit of it, and I strongly recommend applying if you are interested :)

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    Adrenaline, GAM, Marzie and 2 others like this.
  6. As @Seqv said above me, CMP is a great experience, especially if you want to learn more and more about the server and have the opportunity to make a bunch of new friends on Mineplex. I highly recommend applying if you're interested!

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    anna. and Marzie like this.
  7. Wooo! Congrats everyone!

Posted Aug 30, 2020
    DatImmortal/LegendMiner and GAM like this.
  8. This seems like a great program for community members, I might want to help out with this community if I could.

Posted Aug 30, 2020
  9. CMP is definitely great if you want to learn more about the sever and get to know more about the community and make some new friends! I strongly suggest anyone who is interested to apply!!

Posted Aug 30, 2020
  10. Mentor update:

Goodbye to @AGLThree as a Mentor! Lasted nearly 2 years and very sad to see such a long-time mentor go.
    Taking his place will be @Animalll, congrats!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2020
    shihanna, S1KH, Im_Ken and 7 others like this.
  11. Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Animalll likes this.
  12. Congrats @Animalll! I wish you the best and hope you have tons of fun mentoring people :)

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Animalll likes this.
  13. hi, congrats to the new mentor !

What platform are you applying for (Java, Bedrock, or both)? Java

What is your in-game name for the platform you applied for (please put both username if you applied for both platforms)? illum_

What country do you live in? Canada

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? Not quite sure yet actually. I've played Mineplex on and off since around 2013 but I've always been pretty closed off so I hadn't ever been super involved in the community, I'd like to begin now.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? As I mentioned in the question above, I haven't ever been super involved within the community here, so I'd like to become involved in it first things first. I'm not sure how I plan to contribute yet other than simply doing the bare minimum to help people out, but I'm sure I'll figure it out as time goes on.

Do you have a specific Mentor you would like to be under (Java only)? No preference

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  14. ConGraTs

Posted Sep 1, 2020
  15. What platform are you applying for (Java, Bedrock, or both)?
    Java
    What is your in-game name for the platform you applied for (please put both username if you applied for both platforms)?
    okDamien
    What country do you live in?
    United States
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP?
    I’m hoping to get a lot of useful information to use in my daily forums activity, as well as, helping fellow community members as much as I can. Of course I’d hope to make it to MA or even Mentor someday, but for now I’m just excited to help out!
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    I was Trainee for about 2 months and in my time on the staff team, I do feel like I made a good impact on the community but, I wasn’t able to do as much as I wanted to and since then I’ve been looking for new ways to help out the community and I think CMP would be a great start. I’m looking forward to mainly creating quality and helpful posts on the Mineplex Forums (mainly the help section). I’m also looking to start spending more time answering questions in game, something I haven’t done since the ending of my trainee trial.
    Do you have a specific Mentor you would like to be under (Java only)?
    Nope! They’re all great people so I’d be happy to be under any of them!

Posted Sep 1, 2020
  16. What platform are you applying for (Java, Bedrock, or both)? Java

What is your in-game name for the platform you applied for (please put both username if you applied for both platforms)? hapily

What country do you live in? United States

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? There are many things that I'm hoping to get out of participation in the CMP, however the main one I'm going to focus on would be bettering myself as a person to work towards my goals I have recently set.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? There are many ways that I have contributed to the community. The first way I have contributed to the community is by giving my feedback on certain things when needed. The second way I have contributed to the community is by answering people's questions in the lobby, or in game lobbies. The last main way I've contributed to the Mineplex community is by reporting cheaters via StaffRequest or the forums. I plan to contribute more to the community by hopefully becoming a Trainee at some point.

Do you have a specific Mentor you would like to be under (Java only)? No

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  17. What platform are you applying for (Java, Bedrock, or both)? Bedrock

What is your in-game name for the platform you applied for (please put both username if you applied for both platforms)? My username is Shiny Skelly

What country do you live in? United Kingdom

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? Out of my participation in the CMP I would like to increase my knowledge of Mineplex and improve as a a person. Improving on these things would help me to achieve my goal of becoming a trainee in the future and it would also help me to develop as a person. I would also like to improve my maturity.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? Since, I am new to the Mineplex I haven't contributed that much so far but in the future I plan to contribute by being active in game, being more active in the Discord server and on the forums. I have contributed so far by being active in the Discord server and contributing to threads on the forums. I also plan on contributing by becoming a trainee in the future.

Do you have a specific Mentor you would like to be under (Java only)? N/A

Posted Sep 5, 2020
  18. Wow sounds like a great opportunity I wish I knew about this before I was a trainee. Also congrats to the new mentors!

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    Karrotz_ and Ruffybear like this.
  19. I forgot about this

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    chrris likes this.
  20. me as well

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    DCDB | dcdbee likes this.