• 2104 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2104 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Cake Wars Mode

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by primitlve, Nov 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone! I know everyone, and I mean almost everybody that has ever played Mineplex Cakewars has wanted 3's mode or solo mode. There are probably many forum posts of people asking for this but I decided to ask myself. I've come back to Mineplex after around 1 year. And I've been having tons of fun in Cakewars. First of all, let's talk about why 3's mode should be added. The reason I think it should be added is because I've been noticing that most people get 3 people in their party. Making them have to scower lobbies searching for someone to join or just playing with a random teammate. I know some people reading might be thinking, "Hey that's not that big of a deal." And you might be right. But without a doubt solo mode HAS to be added. Considering a large amount of the Mineplex community are people just wanting to win fast games, and solo would totally be the fastest Cakewars mode. And from experience it's kind of hard finding someone decent to duo with you. If you've seen me in game you've probably heard me say at least once "anyone duo." (Note: I don't spam this in lobbies I just switch lobbies and say it and if no one wants to party I stop) Well that's pretty much it, thank you for anyone finding the time to read this. Now its up to the admins to decide to add this into the game.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
    ODE84 and somewun like this.
  2. Sorry for making it so long haha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2020
  3. Cake Wars Trios is definitely unnecessary. Where are you getting the statistic of most parties are groups of 3? Even if you can prove it, though not necessarily the case id duos, in squads having an extra random player is no big deal. The expirence itself, I don't believe would be that different from squads, considering that games with 3 people per team start in squads regardless. I agree that a solos mode would be a good idea for Cake Wars, the only problem is execution. Cake Wars currently gets 1-200 players on average. This means that giving it a 3rd mode could split up the playerbase. A solution I keep hearing is to just get rid of duos. But you have to remember, there are still plenty of people who play Duos. This is why I think Solos should be rotated with Duos, this way we don't have to get rid of any Cake Wars modes, and we can keep the people who want solos, and the ones who want to keep duos happy.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  4. I agree that I kind of just came up with 3's, but every party i've been in theres been only 3 ppl and we had to look for around 20 minutes to find someone good to invite

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2020
  5. Hi there! I definitely understand the need for a 3's mode, and I think that could do well as a game. It could just be a small update added. I don't think Solo is a great idea. Cake wars is a team game! It isn't too difficult to find someone else who needs a party! Great idea though!

Posted Nov 11, 2020
    hcte likes this.
  6. Just because you have only been in parties of 3, doesn't represent how many people there are for all parties. And as I said above even if that can be factually proven, it still doesn't justify splitting up the playerbase so much, especially if you also plan on adding solos.
    Could you perhaps explain your thinking instead of just saying great idea, and bad idea?

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  7. Sure! As I said previously, Cake Wars is meant to be a team game! There is a certain strategy that you need in Cake Wars that I believe requires a team. You need to work together to figure out how to properly play defense and offense at the same time. You can't do this very well as a solo. I don't think Cake Wars solo is a terrible idea, but I don't think it is needed and I don't think I myself would play it very much.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  8. I can agree with Cake Wars Solos, but I'm not sure how I feel about Trios. I've never seen it be requested before (until this thread), so I can already tell it probably won't be as popular. A lot of people from what I've seen either solo queue or have a full team of 4 (and play Duos if they just have 2). Trios I feel definitely would not be played as much, and will split the playerbase further than it already has. If there were to be another Cake Wars mode added, I would say that adding Solos would be best as it has been heavily requested.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
    hcte, Glishii, 8350 and 2 others like this.
  9. I think they should add Cake Wars solos first, and then maybe later think about adding trios.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    LegendSavedXmas and hcte like this.
  10. CapoxDK I completely agree with that one. Solos seems like something much more people would enjoy than trios.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2020
    CapoxDK likes this.
  11. yeah you've never played cw. One random can **** up the entire game for your team. Trying to 4 push mid to counter the other team? Probably won't happen because of the random player.

+1 to the thread, I like the idea of solos.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    hcte and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  12. I am not sure about the necessity of trios, but I am happy to support the addition of solo Cakewars. While team-building games are wonderful and have their place, it is always nice to not have to depend on anyone else while playing. For example, when I want to grind EXP & Shards, it becomes difficult to do so while in team game modes, as the whole team may have different prerogatives.

I completely agree with this statement. Lots of players are looking for "grindable" games that yield a lot of experience, games, etc. Cakewars Solos would likely become the most popular game for doing this which would in turn bring in more players.

+1!

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    hcte, Paladise and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  13. cw solos would be dope, but it just won't happen. if i wanted to i could find dozens on dozens of forum threads about cw solo and they've all been denied. don't get me wrong, it's something i, and a ton of other people want, but it probably won't ever happen.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  14. Honestly, and other people in the thread have mentioned this, I think CW works best as a team game. It would probably be best to just create a different game that satisfies the needs for a more intricate 1v1 (or 1v1v1v1 or however many) PVP. The thing that seems to propel CW beyond just being a PVP game is the communication and reliance on coordination. I would however enjoy seeing some more strategical solo PVP games, besides things like Skywars and Survival Games where straight PVP Skill is kind of king.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
  15. With Cakewars being one of the top games on the network I don't think it's wise to add in more modes as you'll end up splitting the player base. Cake wars consistently pulls a couple hundred players at peak hours, I think adding in two new modes without altering the existing ones is just going to split people up and make it harder to find games, which in turn will drive new players away.

A solo type game mode is something I wouldn't mind seeing added, but it would probably have to replace the current duos mode. As the maps for duos could be used for a solos game mode, from 16 players at 2 per island to just 8. +1 from me, although I'm pretty sure this idea has been rejected before.

As for trios, this isn't something I've seen suggested, or at least not recently. Again, the argument that it's just going to split up the player base is still quite valid. I don't think people would prefer trios over squads as most people tend to party up in 4s anyways for Cake wars. The main issue with Cake wars is just parties, from the perspective of a new player it's not that fun when you join most games and have to face a party of 4 experienced players who most likely have all the achievements and therefore have access to more OP kits (frosting). But that's a general issue not just something specific to Cake wars. As for the squads game mode itself, I think it's pretty nice to have 4 players as generally, you can have your team split up (one on each side generator, one at the middle, and one to protect the base) so I don't really see an issue with Squads. -1 for trio game mode.

At the end of the day, I think the current modes are fine, and the more you add just splits up the player base, which is something that should very much be avoided. Thank you for posting!

Posted Nov 15, 2020
  16. I defiantly agree with you on the teammates with the duos suck no-one is smart about were they put the nether stars in fact I've had more success when my teammates left and I had to do a solo squad then with the teammate on duo it is just so much harder with incompetent teammates

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  17. I feel like a solos mode would be super fun! I like the ideas, and I think a trios and solo mode would do extremely well. A lot of parties are three person, and I think that would allow more people to not have a random person in their group. Solos would also be great for when your typical Cakewars friends aren't currently online at the time to play, and be extremely competitive and fun as well.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  18. Solos? Definitely. Trios? Nahhhhh. Solos would be fun cause no one can screw u up and u can win fast

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  19. I've played Cake Wars for a few times now and I think that adding a Solo Mode for Cake Wars would be an awesome idea! However, I don't really know about Trio's because it seems to be not suited for Cake Wars, there is a Regular Mode which consists of 4 players, sometimes it can be 3 or less.

What I think about adding a Solo Mode in Cake Wars is indeed amazing, players are going to have their own islands, maybe a game of 8 players in each match would be a pretty good idea. By Solo, means that you will have to win by yourself and earn as much as resources for yourself, teaming with other colors wouldn't be allowed also. But yes, I kind of agree into this idea!

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  20. I agree to the solos but not to the trios. If your party is very conveniently a trio I'm sure you can find another person. You can:
    • ask people to play in the Mineplex Discord or through your friends list;
    • join a Cake Wars community with /com and find people there.
    It is really not that difficult. Also, with the smaller playercount on Java it would separate the playerbase way too much to add two additional modes. I believe that yes, it could be implemented no problem, but not with the current amount of players on Java (so maybe on Bedrock?). Games will take even longer to find than your 20 minutes, trust me.

Solos would definitely be interesting though - I would probably play CW a bit more then, since I'm not one to have super organised teams so it's not fun for me to go against players really serious about the game like you.

However, as I mentioned above, this probably won't happen anytime soon - I can only see new modes being added to games when there's more players to play them.

Posted Nov 26, 2020