• 3152 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11590 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Bridges Kit: Flesh Hook Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Herds, Jul 20, 2019.

?

Would you guys see this in Bridges?

1. I would want to see this kit in Bridges

64.3%
  2. I wouldn't want to see this kit in Bridges

14.3%
  3. Maybe...?

21.4%
  1. As a player of BCL and CCL, I would strongly consider to add a new bridges kit such as "Flesh Hook" (Or use another name for the kit that would best describe flesh hook like "Brute") , it is from multiple game modes from Mineplex such as champions and SSM.

Concept: Players who have chosen this kit will get tripwire hooks of the maximum of 1-2 and you would be able to get them back every 10-15 seconds (Like Bomber) and if they right click, they can flesh hook people towards them and put them in the air just how Champion's flesh hook works. This would be one of the best crowd control kits in the game right next to bomber.

Kits it Counters:
    This kit would counter Bezerker (This is a meta kit) It would pull them back if they have already used their leap
    It counters bomber (Flesh hooking them into their own bomb)
    It can contest high ground users such as bombers or archers

Kits that counter Flesh Hook:
    Applers can apple them away
    Archers can stand from a distance from where the flesh hook can't reach them
    Destructors can destruct bridges from a distance where they can't be reached by the hook.

The possibilities it can do:

It's a very situational kit, but under the right circumstances it can be used very well inside team fights. If you plan it right, you can flesh hook people off of builds or pull them into team fights. It can also have a massive role in crowed control, it can move people in and out of team fights which is necessary in Bridges (Mostly the competitive aspect).
    As I said from before, it can contest high ground if landing correctly it could deal a lot of fall damage, paired on top of that with air hit comboes. In pubs it could be used to pull back people who are running away as well.

Skill Gap: This kit can be used competitively or can be used for fun

This kit would require a lot of time to master, first you need to learn how to time your flesh hook attacks, let alone aiming to hit him.
    Second, you would have to know when to use it in a team fight or determine the amount of velocity it has to be enough to pull someone.
    Third, you would need to learn how to air hit people
    Last but not least, knowing when to save your teammate such as pulling them away from an enemy or pulling the enemy away from them.

P.S: It has insane combo potential if you do it right.
    One of my nastiest combos in CCL while using flesh hook: https://gyazo.com/0bdde5127a905349e7f4f758ffab51df

In-conclusion:
    I think this would be an amazing kit idea for Bridges, it can compete with the kits already present and it's balanced with the fact that it counters some kits, and it's very counter-able within itself. This would change the meta and how games would be played competitively and it would be a fun kit to run in pub games, it's very satisfying to move people around and manipulate on where they go.

PS: This has been in a lot of Mineplex gamemodes as I mentioned earlier, so it wouldn't be as difficult to code into the game since it's already in other games but it would need to be tweaked to be balanced

Thank you guys for reading :) <3

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Danese and Archertect like this.
  2. Honestly i dont even play bridges that much but this sounds like a kit that could have potential.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  3. idk

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  4. As someone who doesn't play Bridges competitively or even for fun that much, I do realize the full potential this kit has for countering others such as Beserker. There is no real good way to stop such a kit so having something that could pull them backwards instead of launching them would be extremely helpful.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  5. This needs to be in the game. Like now. The state of public bridges is just a team of pubstomping zerks vs 2-3 other teams of players who are just learning to play the game, or are just playing for fun in teams of 1-3. I want this kit in because this would be a great counter to skybasers, as well as Agro berserkers that just run when they get low.

In competitive this would be great because instead of just hiding under or behind a wall, a “Flesher” can pull one or two of their players out of their safe zone and make them subject to non-projectile damage.

This is a great idea that I put in the game insights discord ages ago but just got ignored. I would love to see it in the game, and a max of 1-2 hooks that regen once every 15-20 seconds would be balanced and fair.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  6. Thread moved to New Kit Discussion

I love your idea that is detail and informative! Personally, I don't play The Bridges, Champions, or Team Deathmatch. It's possible that this kit has the potential to be added for The Bridges. I'd believe this kit needs some adjustments. If not, then I'd have to disagree with a new kit.

Overall, that's a great idea you have! 0

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Danese likes this.