• 1230 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3809 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New blaze suggestion for balancing

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by TheStudentUnion, Jan 17, 2020.

1. In an older post I said that increasing the cooldown for firefly will make it more balanced, however I noticed something. No matter what the cooldown is, blazes will still be able to run and use it when they jump off.

So I decided to make an alternate balancing idea, and its quite simple. Remove the speed and make the firefly able to take damage.

The thing that makes firefly overpowered is the fact that it makes the user invincible to melee. Most players take advantage of this by spamming left click while using firefly, giving them free damage.

The speed also allows them to run away and makes them difficult to chase.

As long as this changes, the cooldown should be no problem neither should the inferno.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    _Gorgonite likes this.
  2. I think blaze is not a good kit and should not be nerfed. What you are suggesting is a strait nerf, I think it would be better if you could be damaged while using firefly BUT the fire it shoots should be a little more effective.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  3. I dont really have a problem with the fire, but its annoying when blazes just run and use firefly until the smash crystal comes and they easily get it because firefly takes no kb. Taking away speed will make running less effective and it will make them play aggresively.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
  4. Now that you mention it, why does Blaze have Speed in the first place??

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    _Gorgonite likes this.
  5. now that you mention it why does blaze get firefly every other second lmao

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  6. I personally believe Blaze is extremely powerful; speed is inherently broken in any game, and Firefly is the best recovery in the game (6-second recharge/invincibility once put into the moving mode).

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  7. Speed is required because otherwise it can't keep up what with sword blocking slowing the person down if they are trying to chase, plus it needs it otherwise it would never get a hit in with how hit registration works off of momentum. Firefly is actually 8 seconds on cooldown, but due to its duration it might as well be 6, so increase its cooldown by 2 should be fine enough since that's how most people abuse Blaze in the first place.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    rqil likes this.
  8. I wouldn't say that the problems of Blaze come from the actual attacks, but rather the manner in which people use them. (running away and then using firefly, before running more until it recharges) I feel like simply making blazes able to take melee damage while using firefly would actually improve this greatly. Same thing with the speed.

Blaze shouldn't be a runner kit IMO, but that's exactly how its used. +1

Posted Jan 18, 2020