• 1124 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9562 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Never Seen Withers Win Wither Assault?

Discussion in 'Wither Assault' started by Ghostxpe, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Hi Mineplex forums! I wanted to make a quick post regarding Wither Assault, more specifically, the state of the Wither team. I've been grinding Mixed Arcade the past few days and have yet to see the Withers win a game. Maybe the Wither team should start with 5 Withers? Or perhaps they need a buff. I'm not sure what the underlying issue is, but I would like to see the Withers actually have a chance or perhaps win at least a percentage of the games I play. Just my thoughts on it! Feel free to explain why you feel different or maybe even agree with me!

- Ghostxpe

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  2. Withers used to win all the time and I have seen the survivors win more lately, but it's still very possible for withers to win still. I think it's just because people that play survivor have found good spots since this game has been out a while, and then other maps are better for survivors to win so that's not totally balanced imo. Do withers really only start with 4? I thought it was 5 or 6?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  3. On one of the maps you can hide on one of the windmills underneath and it makes it very hard for the wither to find you because no one suspects you to be under the map, which seems quite unbalanced. I think maybe the game should either start with more withers, or maybe the humans get less revival pots? Possibly a longer cooldown on the double jump could help because it makes it easy to escape the withers or jump out of a hole and quickly hide inside a building. Like what Marzie said I thought I used to see withers win more often than humans but it seems to be the other way around now and I'm not sure why. Hopefully some of these suggestions and the map improval can maybe change this to make it more balanced for both teams.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  4. It could be that I haven't had entirely full lobbies but the number in my experience seems to be 3. I just got out of a Wither Assault game as a Wither and got everyone but one human; so I was close. Maybe new maps could be the solution.

- Ghostxpe
    --- Post updated ---
    For sure. I would go against nerfing the revival potions as I don't really seem to see those used quite often but a new map or multiple new maps seems to be the solution. Maybe less nooks and crannies?

- Ghostxpe

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  5. Surprisingly most of the wither assault games I have played the withers win. Maybe people have gotten better at beating the withers.I'm not sure how accurate my information is since last I played Wither Assault was in 2018.
    I don't see withers needing a buff as they can shoot bombs and can convert people to their team.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. You might be thinking of Death Tag because withers don't convert players.

Whenever I play Wither Assault I join the wither's team since it's more fun, and I've only lost once and that was on that map with the tunnels underneath the map. I've also played as humans with some friends a couple of times and we won those. I don't find it to be unbalanced though that may be because I don't think everyone knows about or uses the human tracker. If everyone used that, winning as withers would be so easy.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Airolt likes this.
  7. I've definitely played Wither Assault, I may have confused some of the withers powers with the chaser's powers. Withers do shoot skulls though?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  8. Yeah, they shoot exploding skulls, spawn wither minions, and shoot arrows.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Airolt and Yato like this.
  9. that seems pretty strong. So I don't see a need for a buff

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  10. Recently I have won as withers with only 3. I don't really see a buff needed, as they are very strong

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  11. if you know how to play the kit then you are going to win 95% of the time
    source: i win as wither 95% of the time. it's insanely powerful

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  12. Update: I was playing Mixed Arcade with two of my buddies and we ended up winning as the Withers! That was a first haha.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  13. Hey there!

Certainly whenever I play Wither assault, the withers always win. The human scent is very good if the withers have experience and know how to hunt effectively. I think having multiple experienced withers would make it almost impossible to win, as hiders wouldn't stand a chance. I think the game is balanced enough, It's just a game of strategy for the hiders and the hunters. The Withers can do plenty of damage if they land their abilities right, it's just finding the hunters that's the hard part. Saying that, the whole point of the game is to hide and make it hard for the seekers, block hunt isn't any different with 20 players instead of 12.

Overall, I'm going to have to disagree with this post, it's a -1 from me! Peace!

4G0

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  14. I don't know what it is but every time I end up in Wither Assault I am a wither with my friend, there was ONE TIME when I was a human ... then I crashed.

As a person who is always playing Wither unless I'm extremely bad, which I may be if it is possible for Withers to be then It's near impossible for me to win. Every time I kill a bunch of players I look back a bunch more have been revived.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  15. I agree. When I play Wither Assault I always end up as the wither and we would easily win if there was not reviving, but with the amount of scattered players constantly reviving we get nowhere near winning.
    (Literally don't think I have ever seen withers win.)

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    SebDaTurtle likes this.
  16. ive seen withers win before, and I myself have won while being on the withers team. It's a matter of how well the withers play together. Once during a server event and they have like 50 players and several withers, it was a disaster LOL. I wanna say the wither's won it though.

I think it's a matter of who you are playing with and how well they know the maps/how well they play. I don't see a need to give a buff since they are fairly strong/powerful. I mean even though you don't win all the time as a wither, don't quote me on this lol, I think you get a gem reward or something for being on the wither team. It's been a while since I played XD

Posted Aug 24, 2019