• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1103 Players Online
  • 1103 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Network Banned LB Players

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by euhn, Oct 5, 2022.

?

Do you think Network Banned Players deserve to be on leaderboards still?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. It's been a while since I last created a forum post on mineplex and instead of me giving some feedback on games I'm curious on something from the community since the forums are still pretty active. As it has come to attention in previous times, a lot of players from not only combat games have been network banned. Some for boosting and others for cheating or creating toxicity among the community. I don't feel the need to list players names and bash on them, but I assume some of you know a few players who can regard this message to. As a result my question is Do you think that Network Banned players should be on leaderboards for Mineplex. What do you think?

Me personally, I believe that they should still be allowed on leaderboards because even though they might have done something wrong on the server they still put the time in and were a big part of the community at some point. And well for me my main game that I'm recognized for is skywars but there's only a perm banned player on there, but still I think that he served a big part of skywars in the earlier days and should remain on the leaderboards for other players to recognize .

- euhn

Posted Oct 5, 2022
  2. If they didn't fake their way to the top, then yes, their achievement should stand. Taking someone off the leaderboards because they never really deserved to be there is one thing, but "canceling" them just because you don't like some of the other, totally unrelated things they've done is another.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
    SpitefulNick, tori and Mothy like this.
  3. its time to seek employment

Posted Oct 6, 2022
    Ian923 and frp like this.
  4. Hey there!

Thanks for taking your time, and welcome back to the forums! We always love to see members back, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Do you think that Network Banned players should be on leaderboards for Mineplex?

Generally, if the admin+ team unanimously decides to apply an NWB to a player, they will be removed from the community. This would include the Mineplex discord, forums, and of course, all accounts in-game if they were in it. To receive a network ban, the user must show severe and damaging behavior, along with many other factors. I am not sure if they are already wiped off automatically, but I assume they are not, so I am thinking positively about the idea of changing it. I believe they should wipe the network-banned players from the leaderboards if they are on it. That's because a network-banned player doesn't show a 'fair' standing nor a good viewing of the community. Out of my personal view, I don't like to see NWB players still around after their initial punishment. There also might be a high chance of not earning the position somewhat, which we can moderate for.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
    Lightsaberrlx likes this.
  5. I can agree with the majority of people here, I understand and don't believe someone should be removed from the leaderboards if they're network banned unless stat boosting to get to said leaderboard or cheating or otherwise is part of their network ban reason. However, I also get the general argument that the point of a network ban is to completely remove a player and everything about them from the network; after all, a network ban is the most severe punishment, and whatever a network banned player may have done to earn it surely can expect any and all severe consequences like such. Plus, there's no reason to keep someone on a pedestal if they have done something that harms or harmed the network, regardless how much time or effort they put in at one point. If they're currently network banned, I can understand hiding the name. Once they're no longer banned, I would imagine they should be back on.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  6. Depends what they were banned for imo. If they boosted/glitched/cheated to leaderboards then I would say remove them. If they were nwb for some other offense that was not gameplay related I don't think it's warranted.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  7. Well personally one of my old friends edaniel557 was network banned 2 years ago for no known reason other than "community disruption". He was playing these games all day grinding until he would reach level 100 but he was banned at level 95. He put everything into this server, making videos, streaming and managing his own community that was related to mineplex. I think his stats should be allowed on their since they were not boosted or cheated, he has never cheated. Hopefully one day he will achieve level 100! (if he gets unbanned) ps: his youtube has 4.5k subscribers.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  8. I would have to say that if the Network banned player was banned due to anything related to boosting their stats then yes they should be removed from the leaderboards. However, I personally think that if they were Network banned for anything not related to something that impacts stats then they can stay on there. I agree with the statements explaining how a Network ban is to remove the player completely from Mineplex (including leaderboards) however they did work hard for that achievement and if what they did got them banned didn't impact stats at all why should their leaderboard status be changed?

Posted Oct 6, 2022