• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11499 Players Online
  • 8609 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Network ban staff members who cheat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by gzen, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:54 PM.

?

Thoughts

1. Ok

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staff members are some of the primary representatives on Mineplex. When you find that one may be closeting or cheating outright that portrays a horrible image for the recruitment process and Mineplex as a whole. I vote those staff members who are found to be cheating be banned on all platforms permanently.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 2:54 PM,
    Last edited Aug 2, 2020 at 12:20 PM
  2. not against this. doing so directly goes against what we as staff members do at mineplex. the behaviour shouldn't be handled lightly and should be taken seriously.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 2:55 PM
  3. it's an embarrassment to the server to have players who were staff who got caught cheating still being able to play in any capacity. +1

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 2:56 PM
  4. 100%, staff who ban people for cheating and then cheat themselves shouldn't be allowed back on, I don't need to explain why.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:06 PM
  5. I cant believe that high caliber staff members such as the ones on the mineplex network would cheat! they must be permanently banned at once and never be able to come back.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:15 PM
  6. It's only happened a few times, so it's reasonable to make it something as severe as a NWB. It's so hypocritical for someone to punish for cheating while cheating themselves. They shouldn't be on the network for that. +1

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:23 PM
  7. I agree completely. Staff should not be setting bad examples for the players, ESPECIALLY when they ban for hackers. Also, same with general rudeness. I've had many encounters with rude staff, and I don't think that's very fair for staff to be rude like that. Thank you for posting your thoughts on this!

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    Rqckin, Fallen™ and Bobtroopo like this.
  8. I agree with this as staff members would make a bad reputation with Mineplex if they cheat. Although I've never seen any staff member cheat, I'd give this a +1.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 5:37 PM
  9. Yes, I agree 100 percent :D.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    Rqckin, Bobtroopo, gzen and 1 other person like this.
  10. I haven't been a staff member for the longest time, however in my almost 2 years as a part of the team, I know how frustrating it can be for staff members to put Mineplex's image down. Because of this, I support the idea due to the severity of their actions.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 5:52 PM
    Rqckin, Eqsa, reaLLytired and 7 others like this.
  11. I also am not against this. I feel like to be a staff member and to play illegitimately is such a direct compromisation of your duties as a staff member that you're not just betraying the rules but the integrity of the network.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    Rqckin, reaLLytired and Onion like this.
  12. I agree but I already think staff take this very seriously. A few years ago, there was a staff member who was caught hacking in Survival Games. He was immediately demoted and permanently banned.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 6:59 PM
  13. Being a staff member requires you to do two main jobs. One is providing customer support and the other being enforcing the rules. I do agree that if a Staff member is found out to be directly hacking, going directly against their job of enforcing the rules, severe consequences should follow up. After all, staff members (trainees, mods, sr.mods) represent the network the most. Their actions reflect upon the whole network. If someone is on the staff team and is hacking then they're basically betraying the whole network by doing something they agreed to enforce once they have been accepted and promoted. Maybe a permanent ban could be issued instead of network ban, but I agree that the current system where the said staff member gets demoted + banned depending on the severity of hacks they used is not enough for the actions they have committed.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 7:03 PM
    Eqsa, Mr_Ant87, xEZYx and 3 others like this.
  14. I think a network ban might be a little harsh, especially if that staff member has put in a lot of work and effort into Mineplex. I understand staff members are held to a higher standard, however, I feel that if a staff member is caught cheating, they should just simply be demoted and treated as any regular cheater. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 7:05 PM
  15. Hey!

I don’t really think they should get network banned. They already get a fair amount of punishment, they get demoted, banned for the appropriate time, and players know that the ex-staff member is a hypocrite in that state. Why network ban them? I get that they are banning players for hacking when they are hacking so yeah it’s super hypocritical but I don’t see a need to network ban them since they could’ve been a really helpful staff member and decided to mess up.
    These are just my thoughts though :shrug:

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM,
    Last edited Aug 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM
    Zayta, chrvssy, MerryNeverLie and 2 others like this.
  16. Heyo!

Just like Free has mentioned, I think that them being banned for the usual amount of time / demoted is punishment enough. Sure, you can argue that they are going against staff policy, and it makes the server look bad, but I don’t think hacking would call for a NWB in this case. That’s just my opinion though.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 7:44 PM,
    Last edited Aug 1, 2020 at 7:51 PM
  17. I wouldn't consider 30 days the appropriate time, when most of them just end up getting on alts and continuing it, if they're closeting, they're not gonna stop just because they get caught...

You don't just decide to mess up, you do it purposefully with an intention. If you have the intention of ruining other players games as someone who's meant to stop that, you deserve to be permanently banned and not let back on, end of story.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 8:57 PM
  18. True, but they can still play on alts if they are network banned?

Technically you’re making a decision to break the rules so yeah you do decide. I get that they are being hypocritical but a permanent punishment on all platforms is harsh. There is no need to do that when they could’ve been a great staff member and did one thing where they messed up. And they already were punished enough because of them hacking.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 9:05 PM
  19. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a permanent ban over a network ban, but regardless of this I still view the situation as very severe. To save the harassment that staff members may receive because of their actions and to prevent these members from further having any interaction with Mineplex considering the severity of their actions I would much rather them be network banned. It also seems that most of the community has come to the same consensus on this, so pleasing them would be another appropriate factor in considering the staff member's punishment.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 9:06 PM
    JAKE/// and Klobby like this.
  20. I am going to have to agree with this! Being staff is totally voluntary and optional, and at the same time so is cheating. So, if someone is using their position on the staff team as a way to make the Mineplex community look bad by cheating, I have to say this should warrant a rather severe punishment. I am in no way suggesting that I want this to happen to people—I love seeing the team continue to grow with amazing people! However, people being hypocritical by hacking while joining the staff team is hugely detrimental to the team’s image and it should not be tolerated by any means.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    JAKE///, oCassi, Loofii and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.