• 475 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8913 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nerfing/Removing Frosting

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Skybaser, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I don't think that the staff team is aware of this; maybe they are, but nothing is being done about it.
    Just please either nerf or remove frosting entirely from the game. The main problem to fix in Cake Wars is this kit. Working on a better anti-cheat takes time and cheaters are virtually impossible to get rid of, but removing frosting takes 5 seconds and makes the game way more playable and an enjoyable experience.

Why is frosting so bad?
    Imagine a kit that gives you a fishing rod the whole game with infinite durability, very long range, deals low dmg and also gives you slowness 2. That's how frosting kit works.

Why don't you use frosting yourself?
    I don't want to ruin the game for everyone else so I just stick to builder.

Do you not know how to deal with frosting?
    You either need 2 players for a 2v1 or have to spam blocks/deploy platforms (rip if you're not builder and have 0 blocks) or have to constantly move backwards and sideways to dodge. So much effort and tryharding just to kill a frosting player, right?

Why don't we add fishing rods to the game?
    Instead of that, why don't we just remove the kit or nerf it to hell? Adding fishing rods to counter the kit would be horrible because Cake Wars would just become a sweatfest and a competition of who can rodspam harder (this is coming from a player who's actually good with the rod).

The only ones saying that it's a good and balanced kit which should stay in the game are also the ones who can't play without spamming snowballs, or they're good but just don't understand how overpowered it actually is.

Posted Jul 3, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 3, 2019
    Task likes this.
  2. This has been brought up many times in the past, in fact I believe they were planning a slowness time nerf but that's probably low on the priorities list due to a lot of people thinking the kit is fine as is.
    The difference here is that you only get 3-4 rods per fight, so an infinite durability rod is a bit of a stretch. I agree that it is slightly OP, but it's not as much of a problem as many make it out to be.
    A lot of the players who have frosting are good enough that you are going to need to put in effort and tryharding into killing them regardless. Would also like to add to the list of counters; archer kit, baiting then pushing.
    Not really true but okay. I main builder as well and I generally find frosting players fine to deal with. It's only noticeably annoying when someone who is already as good or better than me is using the kit like @ThePurpleBatman.

Overall I agree it should get a tiny nerf, but I think all they should do is reduce the max capacity to one snowball. That way it still works as a good combo tool, but if you miss you lose your advantage.

Posted Jul 3, 2019
    FiveCPS, _NoHaxJustCats_ and cerns like this.
  3. I agree with you in the sense that Frosting may need some sort of nerf going forward. The kit can be very difficult to play against, especially against higher skilled players. But, I think the issue has to do more with other kits being underpowered. Warrior kit is a purchasable kit within the game-mode, and is meant to be the kit used for a lot of 2v1 situations. The kit is meant to give you three hearts upon kill, but when tested, doesn't seem to do that at all. Usually, it gives around one and half hearts, sometimes two, but never really giving you three. I think that Frosting kit is an example of the mindset that players have towards games. Most players feel a kit is overpowered and that it needs nerfing, but fail to look at other kits and give ideas to bring them up to a similar caliber to the one they are proposing a nerf to. Of course, I'm not saying that we should bring they all up to the same level as Frosting, as it is an achievement kit. Players work towards earning this kit rather than buying it, and it would devalue the kit if other kits could potentially be way more beneficial to use. Overall, I think there could be some things tweaked with Frosting. But, other kits should be looked at when considering nerfing another kit.

I really like this idea, it reduce the spamming of snowballs and allows for fights to be a lot more combo based.

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  4. the 1 snowball nerf sounds good enough and it will probably finally be a balanced kit if it happens

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2019
  5. Please name me a good player who uses frosting and is hard to kill even when not using it!! owo

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  6. Posted Jul 3, 2019
  7. I don't really know if that's a good nerf; you can still easily get combos and if you miss your first 2 snowballs, you still have 2 left. Maybe limiting it to one snowball is good enough.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2019
  8. Literally any CWCL player and most people over lvl50

Posted Jul 3, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  9. so name one

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  10. Abyssrunner

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  11. Hey there,

I feel frosting kit has always been an issue in the Cake Wars community and I think it’s because how overpowered the kit is in respect to other kits (warrior) as @DeMotD said. Now there have been a lot of suggested changes in this thread and I believe a lot of them are pretty viable.

Limiting the max capacity to one snowball seems like a good suggestion. Giving a player with frosting kit one opportunity to start a pretty harsh combo should be fine if they have practiced with the kit enough. I think another good suggestion would be what game insights is thinking of doing, reducing the slowness given. Once you get into a combo with a frosting player, it’s really hard to escape it because you are slowed. Reducing the slowness given may deal with this issue.

It does not seem that any avid frosting players have posted on this thread and I am excited to hear what they have to say. I can agree that frosting kit needs a nerf in order to be balanced with the other kits (and maybe some of these other kits should be buffed as well). Nonetheless, thank you for bringing up this issue, let’s see what the rest of the community has to say.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  12. Frosting should be buffed rather than nerfed.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  13. yeah, let's just buff some kit that is already broken as hell and has many different people complaining on the daily about it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  14. I agree that Frosting is a very powerful kit, but I think it's not overpowered to say.

There are multiple ways to beat it, like you said you can always double-team or spam blocks (which I don't think is very hard to do; 16 blocks is only 3 bricks). Also, dodging is an okay way to beat it and takes some skill in order to master dodging the snowball. Another one I can mention is having a higher level sword or armor, which would mean the initial combat would punish the non-frosting player less.

It's a hard achievement kit to get and many players who have it worked very hard for it. Fishing rods/snowballs in general also take time to master (hot keying for me took a very long time), and any person that casually uses it doesn't really have much success, which is my theory as to why only generally good players play Frosting. Good players in general will use frosting because it gives them an advantage over someone who doesn't know how to counter or isn't as good at PvP.

I'm not sure there is a really good need to nerf it as although it's very powerful, you have to master it in order to really be good at it. Very slight nerfs could be on the table for me, but otherwise I think it'd be a punch in the back for players who worked hard for it and want to use it to its fullest extent.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  15. Yes so just because people got some achievements (which even aren't that hard to get) we should give them an advantage that allows them to instantly combo any player because why not? And yes, using snowballs IS SO DIFFICULT, you literally have to click a button, right click, then click back to the other button, and boom you get an instant combo, it really does seem like something that is very balanced.

I think it actually needs a buff since its so difficult to use and master, a suggestion I have would me making the snowballs bigger so anyone in a 2 block radius of the snowball gets hit by it. Also it should deal damage because bows deal damage and it's unfair that snowballs don't, my suggestion is 3 hearts per snowball since its so hard to hotkey and aim it.

2v1ing is a very good argument for countering a kit, because its not like the teams have the same amount of players or anything. The whole other team of 4 people all is using frost? well just use 8 people to counter them. And yeah just get better armour its not that hard its not like frostings have an equal opportunity to get geared, cuz its not like its easier to cap points with a pvp advantage (which frosting doesn't even have)

Noobs are just mad because frosting players are so good despite using an underpowered kit. literally u can place blocks and frost cant do anything

Posted Jul 4, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  16. The achievements can take awhile to get, and an achievement kit that functions as a fishing rod is able to let people combo other players. To really be good at Frosting, you have to hotkey which yes, comprises of switching back and forth between keys. If that's so easy, why isn't everyone amazing at using fishing rods already? It takes time to learn and can be difficult to master.

I was simply suggesting ways to beat the Frosting kit. Also, many times in Cake Wars you will find yourself secluded or on "solo-missions" where you are able to be double-teamed. Obviously if every single person on a team is Frosting (which probably wouldn't be the greatest, anyways) were together, you couldn't double team them. It's simply a way to take out someone who is alone, which commonly occurs in Cake Wars. Also, yes, you are able to get better gear especially if the Frosting kit is rushing and not spending their gathered materials on improving their own gear. Again, this isn't meant to encompass the entirety of how to beat Frosting, instead, if all used together which happens many, many times per game their initial slight advantage is taken down.

From what I've seen, Frosting players are generally better which is shown the easiest way possible by unlocking the kit in the first place (not for every single person, obviously). Also, block placing is a viable strategy to knock down the initial slight advantage that the Frosting kit gets. Saying it in a sarcastic manner doesn't make it any less viable.

Overall, Frosting kit is powerful but there are ways to take them down a peg which does take some strategy and thinking, just like playing the kit itself. Personally, I wouldn't mind the introduced GI change, in which slowness would be removed because the fishing rod mechanic is the basis of the kit. However, it would make the kit more skill required, which I think is also a good thing.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  17. Just because it’s an achievement kit doesn’t mean it should have an advantage. Achievement kits are only to give the game another unique way to play. All kits are equally worth when it comes to balancing.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    Task, neropatti and _NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  18. Hey there!

I definitely agree with this one, so I'm giving it a +1. The Frosting Kit is a really difficult kit to go against. Many players have it as they have completed all of the Cake Wars Achievements through hard work. Although, the Frosting Kit gives players a huge advantage over other players, as the snowballs act as a fishing rod and has infinite uses. It also gives someone who is hit by the snowball Slowness for quite some time. I really think they should nerf the slowness time or limit the amount of snowballs you can use.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 6, 2019

19. Why would you think I'm being sarcastic I'm 100% serious. I'm actually really good at cake wars because I can win with frosting by right clicking once or twice and then left clicking about 3-5 times to kill each player which means I'm very skilled. I think you just don't get how skilled I am considering I can win despite using a kit like frosting which clearly needs a buff.

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  20. Just because the skill floor is higher than the level some people play at doesn't mean the ceiling isn't also high, which is the problem here.

Posted Jul 10, 2019