• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7359 Players Online
  • 4469 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nerf Squid

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by MCgamer1175, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Squid is by far one of the most OP kits in Super Smash Mobs and it needs to be nerfed hard in the next update. The fact you can go completely invincible and move in any direction is just completely unfair and by far one of the most overpowered moves in the game. Super Squid lets squid players get hit advantage nearly 100% of the time and its almost impossible to mess up. Ink shotgun is also a busted move dealing tons of damage and knockback and only having a 6 second cooldown. This is another one of the best abilities in the game because of how much damage and knockback it does it is insanely powerful and good at starting combos as well as escaping them. Fish Flurry is also broken being the highest dps move in the game. It lets you do upwards of 7 hearts per second depending on where the fish spawn. Every single ability needs to be nerfed on squid as it is an extremely overpowered kit that doesn't require much skill to play at all.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Abstractdragon likes this.
  2. Squid is not OP at all in fact, i would say Squid is one of the more balanced kits in the game and doesn't need a nerf. The people who uses it probably know what there doing and they can make it OP.

Ink Shotgun can output a lot of damage if up close but, from a far it barley does any damage.

Super Squid gives squid invincibility for a couple of seconds and it is useful to get the upper hand in pvp but, i can say thats its most op move since it can't get damaged at all.

Fish Flurry can output so much damage but, it is very very easy to dodge since, when its used it makes the loudest sounds in existence and its easy to see cause fish just fly everywhere.

in my opinion it does not need a nerf.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Sven, Blazette, Legend998 and 5 others like this.
  3. Sorry I dont speak wrong

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  4. If you just posted this to tell everyone who disagrees with you that they’re wrong, you really shouldn’t have posted this.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Legend998, myeongil and _NameTag_ like this.
  5. i agree squid is super op (probably 2nd best kit next to blaze) and it needs a massive nerf! i play spider btw (:

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  6. Please be constructive

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  7. Based on your other replies, I'm going to assume that you're a troll, but I like talking about squid so...

I find squid an easy kit to kill most of the time. Yeah super squid is annoying sometimes, but it's not bad if you can work around it. Many kits have more than one attack at their disposal or they have an attack that has a shorter cooldown than SS, so that honestly shouldn't be so much of a problem if you can play against it correctly. On top of that, a lot of squids would get shredded without SS.

I feel like Ink shotgun is inconsistent the way it is now and has the potential to be better. But if a squid can use it right, then it's a really good attack, but I wouldn't say that it's OP. Many ranged kits are able to do well against squid. As @Leftyo said, shotgun is really only effective at close range.

And for fish flurry, I honestly don't know what to say about that. If you don't move away from it, then that's your fault. But it has a long cooldown- 15(?) seconds. Really the only time I see it killing people is if they don't move away from it fast enough or if they get hit by it when they're already low.

If you're getting killed by squids constantly, then they're probably just really good players. Although squid is easy to pick up, it also requires good game sense to be actually good at it.

Posted Jul 28, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 28, 2020
    Bobtroopo likes this.
  8. Its not op you cant pvp while using super squid and ink shotgun is close ranged. Also fish flurry is extremely loud and their are particles before the fish flurry starts dealing damage.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  9. What kind of nerfs do you propose? Squids base stats are too low to justify nerfing super squid imo. Since the move does no damage by itself, and you cannot attack whilst using it- having a short safety period whilst in it is completely justified. Completely unlike moves like horse's bone rush, or blaze's firefly.

Squid is a balanced, very safe kit with a lot of options that- in the hands of a good player- can perform very well.

Its not really the best at anything. Its pretty slow, has average damage/armor/healing etc but with 3 diverse abilities that offer tremendous utility, it may not destroy every kit, but also doesn't really have any hard counters which is why I like it.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  10. In my opinion, squid is probably the most balanced kit in the entire game which is wy i've been trying to us it more often.

Here's why

Ink shotgun: Even though it can do a lot of damage, the ability is a spread shot so depending on how close you are, the damage can vary. The shot also follows a flower style pattern where it spreads out once activated, so unless you're right in their face, you're not guaranteed to hit every ink. The max damage you can get if you hit them directly is 7hp with no armour, so depending on armour points the damage decreases or increases. With iron golem it can do only 2-3hp directly. In previous years the damage was nerfed and experimented on so, it is pretty much the opposite of unbalanced.

Super squid: Probably the most effective recovery in the game, where you can be invincible and control your flight for about 8-9 blocks. Even though the invicibility can seem unfair, it's pretty easy to counter. All you have to do is just keeping attacking when they're approaching you. As long as you're focusing them when in super state you have a decent chance of exchanging hits when they exit.

Fish flurry: Aka the anti camper. Probably the most effective ability to stop campers as they're forced to move where you can then counter them. It's super easy to dodge if you have a basic reaction time as it takes 2 secodns to activate once placed somewhere. So unless you somehow don't notice it or refuse to move, then it becomes a problem. It can do up to 7hp IF you're standing directly in the middle of it, when standing on the side the fish have a lower chance of hitting you so the damage can be around 2 hp if you don't want to to move. This move can also be used to regen when being chased if your opponent is not willing to take some damage to exchange hits.

Overall I'd say it's the most average kit in SSM as all the abilities are pretty balanced and easy to counter, and it's an easy kit to use when your're starting the game. If you're complaining about squid, then the person you're fighting is either really creative and uses it effectively or you're just not doing any effective moves to counter them.

Posted Jul 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
  11. Is this a joke?

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Legend998 and Jrawt like this.
  12. Yeah let's just remove ink Shotgun and super squid, then give it firefly.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  13. On a MineCraft server forum? Dream.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  14. That's a good start but more could be done

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2020
  15. imagine thinking squid of all the kits in the game is op :/

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Jrawt and Legend998 like this.
  16. I completely agree.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  17. squid is by far worst kit in the game. the fact that its ability allows it to do damage, and it has a recovery, and it has an anti camp tool that can simply be avoided by tapping W twice is extremely unacceptable.

take notes, game insights. GI better propose an ability that replaces flurry and is angry herd but 10x worse... wait a second

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  18. I would say only issue is the water maps where super squid is immune to the water

Posted Aug 4, 2020 at 6:44 AM