• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

NERF CREEPER AND BLAZE!

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Overlayed, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Overlayed

Overlayed

Can you guys nerf creeper and blaze. The kit is fun to use but the recharge on the moves of creeper and blaze is honestly annoying and needs to be nerf. Like blaze only has 4 seconds of recharge for firefly and creeper has the same recharge or less for explosion. Like come on can we just get the kits nerfed man and a little longer recharge time?

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  2. Rainbowtrol

Rainbowtrol

Both of them are kinda annoying, but so are Chicken and Magma Cube and 99% of (decent) players agree those are the worst 2 kits in the game.
    Really though, both are easy enough to counter, and just nerfing them would make both Blaze and Creeper completely unviable.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  3. leo_thya

leo_thya

Not that I disagree with you, but just for clarification for the OP and other players, what are those counters for those kits? What I see right now, firefly is a common problem for people. Though for creeper, it’s mostly just PSI.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  4. wattywatty14

wattywatty14

I'd say that squid would be a counter for blaze. With the squid's invincible ability, it's pretty easy to escape a blaze's firefly.

For the OP - I don't believe neither need a nerf. Yeah, they're annoying. I just generally think they don't need a nerf. In my opinion, both are decently balanced.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  5. Propose a nerf for each kit with old stats and new stats and make a new thread. That's the only way a change is going to be made man.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  6. Cabob

Cabob

Yes, I suggest you recommend actual balances with value changes (as Nova said) and come to the SSM GI discord if you want to talk balance.
    Apply at https://mineplex.com/gi-app!

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  7. _JPXFRD_

_JPXFRD_

Actually Firefly has (I believe) about 12 seconds of cooldown, and Explode has 8 seconds. Both are either gimpable, or easily avoided.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  8. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

Heyo!
    I completely agree that these two kits should be nerfed. I think MP is aware of this, and I'm guessing that there's going to be a nerf very soon. Have a great day!

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  9. Firefox54

Firefox54

Hola! o/
    I couldn't help but think to myself
    "I'll be Creeper"
    "Nerf Creeper!"
    "You're right. So Blaze"
    "I wanna be Blaze"

Back on track, both of those kits are really good, much better than many other kits, but they are not rated as the best. If I remember correctly, Creeper and Blaze are ranked A+ and A respectively. There are 5 other kits who are rated better than those two, with ranks of S+ and S. My experience is that you just need to be really good at the kit to do well with it (obvious enough). None the less, I agree that some balancing is necessary in SSM, I'm just not sure if Blaze and Creeper are the right ones. I would be content if they were nerfed, just as I would be content if Chicken and Magma Cube were buffed (Both of which are ranked as the worst kits).
    Best of luck!
    - firefox54

Posted Nov 23, 2018
    OP susi and BuySomeApples like this.
  10. Sam ♡

Sam ♡

I have finally lost my will to live again
    Thank you

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  11. Suicide isn't the answer. If you want to talk I'm here.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  12. tbearawsomeman

tbearawsomeman

Honestly, I feel that the two major nerfs that need to happen to creeper and blaze are:

Blaze: Firefly will start its cooldown once it finishes.

Creeper: Sulfur Bomb needs to have 5 seconds of cooldown OR You cannot attack/use abilities when doing explosion.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  13. Nice suggestion, maybe you should make a post with this and see if others agree?

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  14. TedBread

TedBread

Hey Overlayed!

I understand the concern you're expressing here, but, as mentioned above, there are many kits that have their own advantages and disadvantages, even though some advantages can be too "overpowered." Creeper may seem like a kit that needs to be quite nerfed, but it's also incredibly weak -- probably one of the weakest kits alongside with chicken.

Though I understand your argument that the Firefly and Explosion needs to have a longer recharge, keep in mind that short recharge is balanced with a disadvantage: firefly's build up before zooming past the sky leaves the player vulnerable to being hit -- one hit and the move is canceled; explosion also has a build up which leaves the creeper vulnerable to attack as well.

These kits will probably not be nerfed, so the best option you have here is simply working around these kits, just as I do. When a blaze starts to use his/her firefly move, jump away and do your best to avoid being hit by the flames. If a creeper starts to use explosion, determine/estimate how healthy this creeper is. Full health? Dodge the explosion. Low on health?? Hit the creeper as fast as you can.

If you ever need any tips or want to practice in-game, hit me up! I'm always just a message away. Good luck!

Respectfully,
    TedBread

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  15. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Could you explain more how it's weak? I mean it isn't overpowered but it isn't a weak kit either. It's got relatively strong attacks and some decent knockback from its ranged attack, so I wouldn't label it as weak.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  16. Most things are overall balanced. Especially with this game being out for as long as it has.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  17. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Except it hardly cancels, and sometimes the hits you deliver to cancel the move don't register and don't prevent the ability, only harming it and allowing the blaze to sail right into you.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not really, SSMGI has wanted to deliver a long time Nerf to wolf and maybe a few other kits that have an overpowered ability.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  18. leo_thya

leo_thya

Actually both have a cooldown of 8 seconds.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  19. I don't see why it hasn't been done yet then?

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  20. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

We're mostly waiting for the next update, but there is no update planned anytime soon.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
    TrullyRose likes this.