• 258 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2837 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Need more staff to watch gladiator duels

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by BlaizeOnFire, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Made a post recently and got the same response from about 10 people lol. I said to get an anti cheat because of the blatant hackers in gladiators and everyone said "Well we can't have anti cheat because of the cosmetics" which basically means I can hack as much as I want in the lobby because there isn't an anti cheat. That's why the only hackers are on gladiators. Really sick and tired of finding them and I've seen 1 Sr.Mod on in like the past couple days. Having the constant hackers is a big turn off for me and I don't wanna get mad but it's kind of hard when it seems like nothing really gets done about it. There are probably some who get banned that we don't know about but still frustrating. Now let's see how many people -snip-

Posted Jan 20, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 28, 2020
  2. Yes I agree but if you find any try to report them to a staff member or report here on the forums. mineplex.com/reports

A good chunk of time, there are no staff available so you are just gonna have to endure it and get used to the hackers. I usually just say gg or lol after I get bhopped on because I cant report anymore.. Eventually, they will get reported in Staff Request (a good way to report in game). Just do /com request Staffrequest and hope that they will accept you. As for the anti-cheat....don't expect it to improve anytime soon because there is no one in charge to manage it (No dev).

But yeah, usually I don't report these hackers anymore because I get banned from reporting or StaffRequest. I let others deal with it, eventually they will be dealt with when someone gets the chance. Just try to report when you have the time or ask someone to report them in StaffRequest.

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2020
  3. Hello!

I understand your frustration but I think that staff need to concentrate on lobby gladiators just as much as any other game. Obviously I'm not a developer and I have no experience with code at all but I believe that implementing an anti cheat into the lobby would be too difficult due to cosmetics and lag (if you're lagging you can fly around the lobby which could possibly trigger the anti cheat.) There are many ways to contact staff and get rule breakers punished such as StaffRequest and mineplex.com/reports.

StaffRequest is a community where you can contact staff about rule breakers. Type /com join StaffRequest into the chat and you may be accepted eventually. Once you are accepted type in /com chat StaffRequest and use an exclamation mark before every message to report a hacker. Example: (! Player123 has anti knockback in SKY-2.) If a staff member is online they will handle the issue. If there are no staff online you can record evidence and submit it here. Recording softwares I would recommend are Bandicam and OBS. Make sure to upload the evidence on YouTube and include the link in your report. I hope I helped you out!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Dan1el and KerbalBoy like this.
  4. Hey!

I think that Crazyy_Tim has explained this perfectly!

Staff members are mostly present in Lobby-1 or other lobbies, and when they are not, they can be playing games or in other places on the server. There are many ways that you can reach out to them if you need help with a hacker in gladiators, and I know that there has been an increase in lobbies. You can either 1) submit a report at mineplex.com/reports. 2) Ask a staff member to invite you to staff request or type /com join StaffRequest 3) If you have a staff member in your friends list, you can directly message them if they're online and they would normally get back to you quite quickly. 4) You can message a staff member on the discord server if you do not have any other options. If they are free, they will help you out.

And onto implementing Gwen in lobbies, this wouldn't be a good idea as lobbies can be quite laggy at times and this can cause lag which can make players fly or at times, glide when they fall down from a high place which can falsely trigger gwen. Maybe in the future, there would be an addition of gwen in lobbies when it is developed for lobbies.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Im_Ken and Crazyy_Tim like this.
  5. As Tim and Dacuments have already stated, enabling anti-cheat in lobbies would occur in lots of false flags, due to cosmetic features. If GWEN is improved, adding it in lobbies may become a possibility, but for now GWEN will stay disabled in lobbies.

There are multiple ways to contact staff members. The StaffRequest community is one efficient way, because multiple staff members are active in it and can help deal with hackers in your games. Submitting reports on the website are also ways to get rule-breakers punished, as members of the reports patrol team view and punish players from reports if evidence is sufficient. With Hero+, there is also the option to use /report, which allows staff members to view in-game reports and deal with hackers through them. An alternative to these options is to look through lobbies 1-5, where you are most likely to find staff members, and use /a to report them if you see a staff member in your lobby.

Sorry for any frustration about hackers in lobby gladiators. Hopefully the methods mentioned by me and others before me will allow you to run into less rule-breakers in the future. :)

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  6. I mean, you may not consider having an anti-cheat in the lobby, but why can't you like only have the cosmetics in like BH, CW, BR lobbies :etc:?

I mean, I don't see as many people using cosmetics nowadays in (I may be exaggerating on this) Lobby-1 to Lobby-54 than I remember being on the server back in 2018 (doubt it goes to Lobby-54, but I don't know the maximum lobby number)

Technically nothing's impossible, but if you want to add the anti-cheat in the Lobby-# then you'd possibly have to disable the cosmetics in them (if you're thinking of having the anti-cheat as of now)

You may or you may not enforce it, but I'm just only saying a theory benefit

Also Gwen only bans people in Lobby-# if people were hacking in the actual games (not necessary hacking, but hitting Gwen) and leave after them games after they die

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2020
  7. The cosmetics argument doesn't really work in this situation though. The developers could implement something that allows the anticheat to only be enabled while a player is in Gladiators. It doesn't necessarily have to be enabled for every player at all times.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  8. I can also agree on this statement (just kinda), but see with the Hero-Eternal rank side of things, such as for using /report, I'm see 2 sides on this:

1 It will come down to some cases where their parents won't buy them a rank (them as a child growing up) that they want on a certain server, such as Mineplex :etc:

2 (Sorry if you find this as criticising, but I'm honestly not trying to) When all of the Moderators are offline and your /report eventually gets expired after a certain amount of time

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2020
  9. I can see where you're coming from with this. The main reason to why /report is for HERO+ is due to the fact that we often get loads of reports on a daily bases. Which contributes to your second point, we sadly sometimes don't get through all the reports due to the fact of how many we get. This leads to the report expiring after a certain amount of time. We understand that with the limitation of only HERO+ being able to use /report, as stated above by some lovely people, we have multiple ways to report rule breakers to staff members. These methods include joining the StaffRequest community (/com request StaffRequest) and through reporting the player on the forums (mineplex.com/staff) after gathering evidence.

As for the thread topic, the staff team cannot simply always be on the lookout for rule-breakers; timezones majorly affect when some staff members are active and due to other factors, some staff might not be available at some times. As stated by some people above, there are methods of contacting the staff members that are online to deal with the rule-breakers. These methods include using the /report function (for HERO+), joining the StaffRequest community or by heading to an active lobby (preferably Lobby-1) and if there was a staff member in that lobby, you can contact them via /a.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  10. Yes Ik, I do have those things anyways, but I meant like the problems with new players joining the server who doesn't have rank Hero+ nor Staffrequest

If ya know what I'm saying, and yes :sigh: I do struggle to make sentences out of my own words quite a lot, so I don't necessary get my grammar correct :(

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2020
    Im_Ken and THELichCA like this.
  11. The flaw in this argument is that StaffRequest is free to join, you only have to message a staff member to invite you to the community, and they will. StaffRequest a is a great way to get hackers and rule breakers removed from the game in a timely manner. A lot of staff members moderate staff request and teleport to hackers as soon as possible. In fact, I get most my SRs from StaffRequest.

~Nick

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    CrackleHarvest36 likes this.
  12. Good Luck on getting promoted on being Moderator (and maybe Senior Moderator) if that's what you're looking 4ward to :D

Also there's a slight problem here with StaffRequest, what if the hackers that are hacking in lobby glads are in that particular community and they left right after they get reported?

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2020
    FreakingNick likes this.
  13. I also want to add that it is a simple way to record your screen with a Windows 10 feature without any downloads. If you want to get more information about how to do it, I made a thread about it here

As many have already said, it can help to join the community "StaffRequest" to report hackers to the staff team :)

I hope you got some tips to catch the hackers better than before!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  14. I mean their response was valid, there are many cosmetics that allow you to fly for example, half the server would be banned

Posted Jan 26, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 28, 2020
  15. You are correct!! I am a developer and implementing an anti cheat system into a lobby where people can fly and teleport with ether pearls would be to hard. It would also end up punishing innocent players. Also, I feel like lobby hacking is not as much of a problem as game hacking.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  16. Not really sure why anyone would consider lobby hackers a problem that much. In the lobby there's no stat gains at all, it would just be them fighting in glad to frustrate players at most, and minimum would probably be to annoy. In my opinion, lobby hackers really aren't doing much/not a priority vs them hacking in an actual game where you get stats/win streaks. Of course we'll still deal with them, but to me, they're below a person hacking in a game. On top of all that, people do lag quite a lot in lobbies sometimes. If they notice they're lagging, they usually don't go into games. Having an anti cheat in our lobby would probably end up kicking these players over and over again, which would then end up to be more frustrating than having a hacker in a lobby because they can't do anything to you unless you willingly choose to play lobby glad.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    THELichCA likes this.
  17. Official games with stats should be a bigger priority. But the issue that's affecting all minecraft servers currently is just how easy it is for hackers to jump on another alt. I'll get staff to ban a hacker and they will get back on within 5 minutes on an alt.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  18. Heyo!

There a many ways you can avoid this and get these hackers punished for what they've done.

First off, you can join StaffRequest! It's a community in Mineplex where community players can request staff to come to their Lobby and deal with the hacker at hand. Though we many not always respond as some staff members aren't on 24/7 and some are just busy at that moment, though don't fear, there are more options!

You can record the evidence of the hacker and upload it to Youtube then report them @ www.mineplex.com/reports. Then a member of Reports Patrol will look over the Report and see if the player should really be punished or not. Also, if your Hero+ you can do /report (IGN) (What they're doing that is punishable) and then report to the correct category in the Report GUI menu. I hope these methods help you in the future when you encounter a hacker in Lobby Gladiators, though Lobby Gladiators can't really affect a player like @Marzie said, they only can just ruin the game and mess with you, not affect your stats at all, though feel free to always report them because we will always try to deal with them!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  19. Heyo!
    I’m sure you can understand the fact that the staff aren’t always free whenever you submit a report.
    Like stated above, you can join StaffRequest. It’s a community to request staff for times like these. Most of the time, some staff are always free to assist you, but in rare cases, they are either busy or not online. Improving anti-cheat is easier said than done. It is a topic that has been brought up many of times, and you should understand that DEVs are trying to improve GWEN best they can.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 28, 2020