• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4115 Players Online
  • 4115 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Need an update

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Underwaterleader153, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. It would be so grateful if you could upgrade the way cake wars is. Can you include solo cakewars please as this would be so much of an upgrade. Why solo? Because when we play duo our teammate is not always helpful[he only sit on spawn waiting for emeralds to generate] and we want fair competitions where it's 1V1 and not 2V1. Please include solo cakewars, it would be so grateful from you to us players who are competitive.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. Solo cakewars was released as a new game which was one of the 5 rotation gamemodes for the Christmas event. Everyone liked it, but staff don't plan on making it a permanent gamemode for some reason

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  3. I'm pretty sure because the player count is already to low que would be way to long between Standard, Duo, and Solo probably

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  4. Many people would play mp if solo was a thing lol

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Mothy like this.
  5. Cakewars gets over 5k players on at once, I don't believe that. Don't get mixed up between java and bedrock :D

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  6. Ahh ok Thx it's good to know thatthey tried one time. Solo is way better sometimes than duos. But how can we contact the developers of Mineplex?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2021
    CursedPvPYT likes this.
  7. I'm pretty sure every CW2 & CW4 player has suggested/wanted solo (including me), for probably more than a year now. Many mods and dev friends of mine see the appeal of solo cakewars such as, increasing player count, more variety, something new (new doesn't mean creative). The MP Devs understand that we want it. So we just have to wait and see if they listen to the community.

-evan

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  8. You don't contact the developers. Your best bet is to suggest something to either a GI member you are friends with or to simply be part of the community council program thing mineplex has. I'm not very familiar with it at all, but if you ask around you may get information about it.

This guy is talking about bedrock. Java won't ever get it because the server hits 3k players at most. Java would never work with a solo gamemode as it would lack the amount of players. It simply wouldn't be the effort. Bedrock had cakewars solos for the winter event we had like I said. This means they already made the game and it works perfectly for bedrock, they just don't want to make it a permanent gamemode for bedrock. Cakewars can get 5k players on at once for bedrock which is an awful lot and is more players than java gets altogether which means there really is no problem with having the game on bedrock.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 27, 2021
  9. I mean the points I gave could work with java & bedrock, Mineplex Java would have more players if they added solo. Since many players don't enjoy cakewars since its getting harder day by day as people are bypassing gwen with more effective ghost clients. 60% of the ranked playerbase are closeters (Mine & my friends estimate). If they added solo it would be easier to get wins.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  10. In a way I do actually see your point. People would play it more if there was solos. I still don't see any new players coming in though and it will mostly be people who already sweat the game anyway

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  11. Ya, its usually the same 4 parties queueing. It's even harder to find a teammate since people usually play with the same person since there isn't a demand for a teammate since no one really plays Cakewars. This could be another point for Solo i guess. In prime CW2 time which is usually morning-evening (200-400 players) you can maybe fill a game in 2-5 minutes?

-evan

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  12. I have never played cakewars on java but nano games is the exact same in a way. Same players, same parties

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 28, 2021
  13. Hello!

First off CakeWars will be getting an update sometime later this year hopefully. You can view the full update here. Second CakeWars Solo was a Limited Time Mode for our Christmas event. It was very successful and we really wanted to bring it back with this update but sadly that won't be the case and it will remain as an LTM for now. The full reason as to why can be seen below

"i cannot give you a full explanation on why we cant just replace nor am i obligated to give you an explanation period, but i respect deans decision in denying it as a full game for the time being. I definitely understand that duos wouldnt be as popular and hypothetically solo could replace duos, but theres still a lot more to the whole situation. as of right now, cw solo as a perm game has been denied, but we can always come back to this discussion at a much later date when the answer may be different."

- GuardianInASuit | Bedrock Moderator

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  14. I will be marking this as Not Planned and locking the thread. Unfortunately, CW Solos has been officially denied by Leadership. Here is the direct quote from rosmeme, Quality Assurance Manager:

As mentioned above, it's been denied now but we may consider it in the future.

Thread Locked ➵ Not Planned

Posted May 11, 2021
    GuardianInASuit and rilau like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.