• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5272 Players Online
  • 5272 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Necromancer Kit v1.0

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Sep 9, 2020.

?

What do you think of this Necromancer Kit?

Poll closed Sep 16, 2020.
  1. Great!

50.0%
  2. Good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bad and I'll explain why or my vote means nothing.

50.0%
  1. Good evening (It's 11:30pm for me)!

So in this post as you've read I'm going to be discussing the Necromancer Kit in this game. To describe this kit, think of a double-edged sword. While the potential of this kit is ridiculously high, it has punishing consequences if utilized incorrectly. As you know, the way this kit works is that if you get a kill, a skeletal minion is summoned in place of the player. There is no limit to the amount of skeletal minions you can summon and as you get more and more kills the number of minions increases. What makes this kit so unbalanced currently is the number of skeletons you can summon and the troublesome AI the skeletons have. The following balance changes I have to this kit will make the kit not only work better (In theory), but be more balanced in the game.

Necromancer:

Passive:
    Soul Hook (Alternative to the Regroup Ability)
    - Hit your skeletal minion with a fishing rod to call them back and return them to a neutral state.

Ability:
    Regroup
    - Summon all of your minions around you returning them to a neutral state. 10s cooldown.

Kill Effect:
    Skeletal Minions
    - When you get a kill you receive 1 Summoning Paper. Right-click it on the ground to summon a skeletal minion. You can only have 3 minions active at once.
    - Skeletal Minion: A skeleton with 40 hp. Right-click it with an empty hand to give it armor and a weapon. If an enemy within 12 blocks attacks you or a skeletal minion, all the minions attack the enemy. The minions return to a neutral state after 7s. 40hp might seem overpowered to you but skeletons currently have more hp which I believe is 50. The point of summoning paper is to limit the amount of skeletons you can summon but allow you to summon more if you more kills.

Skeleton AI and Mechanic Changes:

Now I'm not completely sure how AI works or if certain ideas are possible or not but here's my idea. If we give the skeletons the aggressive zombie pigman AI (The bit of code where if one entity is attacked, all of the entities attack the attacker), maybe that would enable the skeletons to actually start attacking when someone on their "team" is in combat. Another change is to make it so now all loot drops from players killed by a Necromancer. It's best, honestly, if all the loot goes to you first, then to your skeleton when you summon one.

Please give me feedback on this Necromancer kit! Do you feel the same way as I do? Do you feel that this is really balanced? Is there some parts that you don't like and would want to see changed? Feel free to comment below!

Strengths: Numbers, projectile cover.
    Weaknesses: You're screwed if you have no skeletal minions. Might as well not even use a kit or instead use Assassin LOL.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  2. It seems underpowered with these changes. Only 3 skeletons? I mainly say this because I don’t think the AI changes you’re suggesting are feasible.

Posted Sep 10, 2020