• 1332 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6825 Players Online
  • 5493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Necessary SSM modifications

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by abcde, May 4, 2020.

1. The Super Smash Mobs Mineplex game is in a bad state and is in need of modifications. Continue reading to see some of them.

The Spider kit is exaggeratedly powerful. Its Spider Leap allows it to flee from battles, and the Wall Climb ability ensures it is able to avoid the void.
    Nerfs: Limit its Spider Leap so that it does not enable players to flee from battles, and enable players to be knocked back while using Wall Climb.

The Enderman kit is severely underpowered as it lacks a meaningful ranged ability.
    Buffs: Make the falling block projectile fired using the Block Toss ability undeflectable.

The Chicken kit is negatively affecting the game, for its representation's hitbox is overly undersized for a large part of the player base. This likewise applies to other kits, such as the Wolf kit.
    Nerfs: Artificially expand its representation's hitbox for players using official Minecraft builds released in 2016 or later or modifications of such builds.

The Snowman kit is immoderately weak.
    Buffs: Increase its melee damage from six health points to seven health points and increase its armour from twelve armour points to thirteen armour points.

The Wolf kit is excessively strong, and its Wolf Jump allows it to flee from battles. It is furthermore negatively affecting the game in that its representation's hitbox is overly undersized for a large part of the player base.
    Nerfs: Replace Wolf Jump with Double Jump as it is contained in the Skeletal Horse kit, and artificially expand its representation's hitbox for players using official Minecraft builds released in 2016 or later or modifications of such builds.

The Hunger system is counterproductive. It should be adjusted in a way making the strategy often referred to as "starving" impossible to perform.

Posted May 4, 2020
  2. The spider, to me, is balanced. The jump makes sense since it allows the mob to be nimble and fast just like IRL spiders.

The Enderman is overpowered. It does 7 damage per hit. With the block toss doing even more(9+ damage). Blink allows amazing movement with a very short cooldown. The only thing underpowered about this kit is the armor and hitbox.

The chicken is fine.

I agree with the wolf. The wolf can kill any mob in a matter of seconds. The fast movement, the high damage, and the skills makes this kit a deadly one. The hitbox makes it even harder to fight. The only mob Ill use to fight a wolf is the skeleton. Since the skeleton gets 1 arrow every 3 seconds(Don't know for sure), and can shoot multiple arrows at once allows you to hit the player(wolf) with ease.

The snowman is fine too. If you add damage and defense you're basically turning it into a mini iron golem

Hunger is fine too.

Posted May 4, 2020
    xCxmeron and _SquishE like this.
  3. Taking away spider and wolf’s leap takes away one of their main functions which is mobility. It’s something you have to get used to and they aren’t necessarily hard to trade hits with.
    I’m not sure what you mean by “falling blocks” with endermen, because the blocks do get fired after charging them up for a certain amount of time. Enderman is underused, but I wouldn’t say it’s severely underpowered. Block toss does great damage for a low cooldown.
    Nerfing chicken is the last thing the kit needs, and not being able to hit chicken because of it’s small hb is a player’s issue.
    Snowman does do 7 damage when arctic aura is active (opponents are on snow), and it’s snowballs are great for combos canceling other’s. Armor doesn’t need a buff.
    I don’t see how hunger is counterproductive. If you don’t fight, you lose hunger and eventually starve.

Posted May 4, 2020
  4. I am not asking for Spider Leap to be removed. I am merely suggesting to limit its usage so that spider players cannot run away from fights.
    Can you please provide me some feedback on the Wall Climb nerf?
    The Wolf nerf is undoubtedly questionable.

I am afraid you have misunderstood my post. These modifications are necessary and involve advanced game mechanics that not many players know or understand. Please consider reconsidering my suggestions when you get a grip on these game mechanics.

Thanks for your feedback on the Snowman buff. Your opinion is highly valued.

Can you please specify why the Hunger system allowing the mentioned strategy is fine?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  5. In the update proposal the spider leap will use the xp bar which will solve the problem of spiders using it to run. You can fill up the bar by using melee.

Enderman is not underpowered if anything it is overpowered due to having one of the most powerful projectiles have a low cooldown and be easy to hit. It also has a glitchy hitbox which makes it harder to combo as it teleports when hit by a projectile (due to the enderman in normal mc).

As op as wolf is i think it needs the directional jump due to its low armor. We could make its attacks less damaging such as reducing the duration of cub tackle and making wolf strike unable to hit after it misses to compensate and of course make the jump use the xp bar.

Snowman isnt weak at all and it already does 7 health points with the arctic aura. The entire point of blizzard is to be used for close range combos and you can accumulate a ton of damage doing so.

Chicken hitbox is fine if you see that it has a single chain chestplate for its armor. It isnt even that difficult to hit if you have good pvp or aim. This kit definately needs a mobility buff if its a glassy kit which can only deal decent damage close range.

Posted May 5, 2020
    RedBlueGamer likes this.
  6. I would say spider is fine. The wall climb ability varies by map and location of the map because most edges of app maps are diagonally towards the bottom middle whereas only Hyrule has vertical edges.

Enderman is also fine just the skinny hitbox makes comboes easier making it op dealing 7 dmg a hit.

Only issue is that chickens tend to camp and have 4 stocks when the 1v1 begins between you and the chicken.

Snowman does 7 damage to players on arctic aura and can easily start combo's with blizzard so I would say it's fine. Also that kit is dedicated to knocking players into the void

Wolf is op because of the double jump and melee hit at the same time makes u get an op combo and the only way to kill wolves without taking much damage is to get them in the void. I would say nerf the kit so that the double jumps are on a cooldown.

For your hunger concern, I would say add it so hunger is reset to full when you use smash crystal.

Posted May 5, 2020
  7. Thanks to everyone's feedback, I have managed to put together a better idea for a Snowman buff: When a player using the Snowman kit uses Blizzard, four snowballs are fired in semi-random directions. Change the Blizzard ability so that one snowball of the four is fired in the direction the player is facing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2020
  8. You see with all the mobs in SSM there is always going to be a person who can counter you with a different animal, there is mobs better then others and for the price of certain animals it’s abit crazy but I don’t think any one mob should be nerfed because I’ve seen the chicken get beaten many times, etc. And besides modifying SSM to still make it playable would be hard.

~Written from phone sorry!

Posted May 5, 2020
  9. How is that a buff? Making snowballs less likely to hit sounds like an unnecessary nerf.

Posted May 5, 2020
  10. “Advanced game mechanics”, if you were an advanced player you would know that enderman is one of the best kits in the game

Posted May 5, 2020
    _SquishE likes this.
  11. How do you nerf the jump so that only its ability to flee? I feel that this idea is inherently flawed, all kits should be able to flee. Running is an essential part of spider's kit, whether it be strategic or even to simply get away from other players (i.e. setting up for a fight, retreating when low, or escaping abilities such as a smash crystal).
    The jump is balanced. I don't think that's the issue. Spider can also already be knocked back while using wall climb - that isn't an issue either.

Increase needler cooldown, lower web spread, lower web count, and introduce a recharge system for jump, as chicken has for flap.

I really wish to be constructive here - but that is honestly one of the weakest ideas I have seen. You're essentially making a new kit. Now, I understand the notion of increasing hitbox size, but that does not seem in place given the nature of wolf: fast and small. That's the whole point. The hitbox is not an issue. Jump is fine too. As I've mentioned with spider: limit the number of jumps, yet keep the directional dynamic. For wolf, a ravage nerf and cooldown tweak would be in place.

Posted May 5, 2020
    JAKE/gayblackguyy and _SquishE like this.
  12. Spider is a top tier kit in this game. People like to argue that spider takes skill, but bruh they sure like to run. So I agree with this nerf.

Enderman is actually really good. It can just use blink to get in back of player undetected and just be able to attack from there. Block toss also has high damage and enderman also has one of the best melee attack values out of any kit in the game. So no buffs.

Yeah. Wolf is literally a pain to fight. I think that ravage is also a problem. It allows the wolf to deal more damage with each consecutive hit. I also hate the cub tackle bullcrap. Wolf is basically the meat grinder of the game. If it gets you in cub tackle then it's very hard to get away and you'll probably die or be severely injured.

Another note: This goes for every kit, not just kits on the list. If you're using a kit that you realize is overpowered or unbalanced, just stop using it and try to learn a different main. Trust me. It's good for you. People will stop targeting you and hate you less. It's okay to admit that you were wrong and others were right. I used to main blaze and I got soooo much hate for it. And they were right. Blaze is stupid. Now I main squid and no one complains except for noobs. Also it's not really fair if you're knowingly using a kit that's overpowered. It takes the fun out of the game.

Posted May 6, 2020
  13. Your post is worthless as it does not provide any feedback whatsoever. Please refrain from creating such posts on my thread in the future.

Moreover, you have mentioned the Enderman kit being one of the best kits in the game in your post. You are partially right. The Enderman kit is very powerful at lower player skill levels. However, skilled players can easily counter Block Toss by deflecting the projectile. Therefore, it should be made impossible. The buff would have little effect at low player skill levels, and one could even go as far as to call it a nerf.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 7, 2020
  14. I would tend to say that I agree with some of your points, however, some of these can definitely be wrongly interpreted. For example, I think that the chicken hitbox is one of its only redeeming qualities and I fail to see it overpowered in regular lobbies. I do strongly agree with your analysis of the wolf kit and struggle to beat it with any kit if the player knows how to play it. As for your issues with hunger, it works to make sure players do not camp and it works decently to make players come out and fight. My one issue with it is that kits with ranged attacks such as skeleton are able to sit back from far distances and hit players to maintain their hunger. It is arguable that it is an aspect of the kit, but it can make it overpowered in its ability to avoid melee fights.

Posted May 7, 2020
  15. Enderman is powerful at a lower skill level only?Man, you’ve got to see actual good players use the kit. Also, you make it sound as if block toss is a ghast’s fireball. It can’t be deflected towards the enderman, but it can be stopped by a few projectiles such as webs and snowball. If a truly skilled enderman was playing, block toss wouldn’t be canceled that easily. Looking at your stats, you probably just don’t have enough experience yet with less than 1k wins. If you main any of the kits you thought needed a buff, you’re not playing it well.

Posted May 7, 2020
    JAKE/gayblackguyy likes this.
  16. Dont forget you can speed up the block toss by hitting it midair and that will make it impossible to deflect

Posted May 7, 2020
  17. You don’t know what you are talking about, the best enderman _Izz can beat every single spider in the game. Even space struggles against his enderman. Enderman has more tools besides block toss, which is not as easy to block as you make it seem, it has 7 melee dmg + plus blink plus a glitchy hitbox

Posted May 8, 2020
  18. I agree with most of your ideas, however enderman definitely doesn’t need a buff. From my experience I think it needs a bit of a nerf. It has the highest melee damage in the game, as well as a ranged ability that does a ton of damage and kb with a short cooldown.

Also, “starving” shouldn’t be gotten rid of. It’s a legitimate strategy to deal with campers.

Posted May 14, 2020
    Mitchy, PewDiePizza and DaGourmand like this.
  19. The chicken kit isn't that OP. It is pretty easy to hit, and it only takes like 3 hits to kill. If you are skilled at the game chickens are not that hard. The wolf isn't that OP either due to a moderately sized hitbox. Along with that, whenever the wolf is using cub tackle, it is easy to get hits onto him while he attacks you. The wolf also does not have great armor, making it relatively easy to kill.

Posted May 16, 2020
  20. Wolf is extremely overpowered. The armor is chain leggings and chest plate, so no, not great, but not horrible either. Its hitbox is smaller than spider's and unlike the spider, you don't have to have your back facing your opponent to freeze them. The recharge on cub tackle and wolf strike are both considerably low to the damage they deal. Ravage completely destroys anyone who is caught by cub tackle. There are wolves who have their entire strategy to run until they hit their cub tackle.

Chicken isn't that bad, wouldn't mind seeing changes to the missle.

Posted May 16, 2020