• 2128 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10566 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion National Warfare

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jango_55, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Like it?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This game is a creative based game between 6 rivaling nation states where you have to capture land, gain materials, upgrade to more advanced defenses/troops etc. , and destroy all other's capitals to win the game.

Specifics: all players start off with a few materials and a few Villagers (builders) and they use villagers to build certain buildings like walls, defense towers, crops, and a number of other things.
    Once certain building are built i.e.Libraries (to obtain knowledge for upgrading things), Troop bases (to get troops [skeletons w/ swords or bows]) or Crops (so your troops don't starve)
    You can attack villages to gain opposing teams territory or take all of it at once by taking their capital. Thus taking away their ability to spawn any more troops etc. Severely limiting their chances of winning.

Any Ideas to add? Comment below.

Posted Jul 6, 2019
    RodgersMDH likes this.
  2. Hello!
    I really like this idea as a tower defence game which I have played on other servers and they were really good and fun, if Mineplex could implement that same thing into the server, it would probably be my favorite game to play, but I have a couple of ideas for how it could go.
    1. You should be able to send troops which destroy a base and you can upgrade them using gold or something else like the libraries XP.
    2. Teams, there should be different sizes of teams as CakeWars does where there are 8 teams of 2, the different team possibilities should be 6v6, 2v2 (or 4-8 duos), 1v1(or 8-16 solo players), 4v4v4v4, you could even make a tournament type where there would be 10 teams of 10, so 100 players in total which could be nice.
    3. There should be a lot if different buildings and some mobs should have resistances and maybe weaknesses like in Pokemon where some of the more OP towers would be balanced along a few mobs.
    4. You could make a capture the territory part kind of like calture the flag as you stated above.
    I am really excited if this gets implemented!

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    [Away] Tours likes this.
  3. Hey there!
    Honestly, I'm really liking the sound of this idea. I think a defense types of games have been really popular recently and I think if Mineplex created their own version of a defense, build-your-army type of game, it would really attract many players including myself. I've personally played a few defense games similar to this and actually really enjoyed them and I think that there should be some sort of game that involves the teamwork and strategy.

To begin with, I wanted to know how exactly the game beings. Would you spawn in an open area? Segregated area? How would that look like? Right now what I picture is four large grass-like areas that have presets on where villages go and etc. and then after gathering materials and etc. villagers begin building it for you (something like castle siege where players defend).

After building a library, what exactly does knowledge give you in game? Obviously in real life you learn from it but through this game does it give you particular enchantments or some sort of spell that helps defend your kingdom? I know you said upgrades but if you could go more in depth and be more specific I'd love to know what types of upgrades you could get. A few ideas could be like army upgrades (variety of mobs, weapons etc) as well as upgrades for mobs (speed, anger etc.) as well as villager building and cropping speed that make it much faster for them to get more resources.

Furthermore, I wanted to know more about teams. @FlamingKnight08 gave a great way to create different teams to create a 100 player game but I feel that it might be too much to ask for. I assumed in the beginning that there would only be 4 players and the rest of their team would be coded mobs. For example, the builders would be villagers who spawn next to buildings after the buildings were chosen to be built. Now that might sound confusing so I'll go more in depth in a little while.

[​IMG]

This image shows a hotbar (doesn't have to be like this) which shows a few items that can be found in game. My idea is that when you right click an item, they give you an options menu that describes a certain part of your kingdom. For example, the sword deals with a GUI option for your army (where to attack etc.) and the wooden block could be a GUI option for your buildings. So all the buildings would look the same and have different colors (like CW how there are indicators like flags that show you what team you're headed for). I think that would help make it much easier for players to have a faster paced game.

I think this is a very unique game idea but still needs more work on. It's pretty confusing to where everything is headed towards as of now and I'd like to hear how exactly you imagined this. Giving more insight and detail on your thread will most definitely help players who don't understand defense games generally but from what I can capture from this is that this game is definitely a mix of castle siege, wizards and possible other games. I'd like to know more about where this game is going so for now I'll be putting in a 0.

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. That's exactly what I was going for, (certain number of players w/ the rest being coded mobs) but there could also be a mode of 2v2v2v2, 3v3 etc.
    There would be a Capital Building for your nation and a few town halls, but you'd have to get your villagers to build everything else (they'd be relatively fast at building [about 12 seconds for 1 villager and the time only decreases w/ extra villagers])
    It give you more options (unlocking new abilities) like making your villagers more efficient builders/farmers and giving your troops more perks like better armor and weapons (also allowing you to get better troops [zombies w/ tnt and swiftness to get through other's defenses among other more advanced troops])
    1:That's something I was thinking of as well 2:I had the Idea that, considering that this is called National Warfare, that if it was wanted, you could have different Medieval or current nation states (leaning towards Medieval) and have their flags on top of Town halls and Capital Buildings while having the colors of that team on the other buildings or as the base of those buildings.
    (Creators Note) I was thinking, that for each building once going into the hotbar GUI type thing that it would have armor stands that you could place down on the ground that would have an outline of the building to be w/ your teams color.
    Plus, certain buildings like logging centers or docks would have to be near woods (logging) or water (docks) etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2019
    [Away] Tours likes this.