• 1158 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3885 Players Online
  • 2727 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Nano King Slime] Under the Sea

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by EmmaGrill, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Hello everyone!

Today I'd like to bring you an underwater themed King Slime map for Nano Games! I had a blast making this map and I hope you all enjoy it. <3 I decided to change the time of the server (6:30pm) so that there is more of an "underwater" feel to the map.

Overview
    [​IMG]

Side View
    [​IMG]

Spawn
    [​IMG]

Fish
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Walls
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Coral
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cave
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sunset
    [​IMG]

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  2. Hey! I really enjoyed helping to make this map! Even though I didn't do much, it was an enjoyable experience. The map ended up coming out really nice looking, especially since you added the fish in the sky and the vines on the end. I think my favorite part of the build would have to be the dome at the top though, it really has a nice texture to it after we mixed the different stained glasses. I hope you submit this soon!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  3. Hey there,

This is a great build. I really like the giant fish, definitely would make me feel that I am under the sea. Amazing job as always, good luck for when you submit it!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  4. That map looks really interesting, although I think the surrounding walls can be improved. They seem almost kind of bland due to the gray color blocks being used with only seaweed to go with it. Granted there isn't a huge color pallet to work with in that regard. Also, based on the first image it looks like all the seaweed on the walls are about the same length and width. I think it'd look a little better if the seaweed strands weren't all the same size, then add in a giant Squid/Octopus along with a Starfish or two along the outer walls (higher up to avoid clashing too much with the details below).

The sunset and the glass dome really give it an underwater look based on the images, something that I think would make the map really enjoyable to play in. The variety of fish is great, but maybe throwing in a jellyfish or an eel would help. Well actually I'm not sure about a jellyfish, I've never had luck building those on a smaller scale.
    Looks good so far, just a few more details and I think it'd be a great addition!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    EmmaGrill likes this.
  5. Hiya!

Wow! I absolutely love this map! The detail is incredible, and it looks like it would fit perfectly in Nano games. How much time did this take you? It looks like you put a lot of effort into it! Have a good one! :)

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  6. This map looks absolutely incredible! The amount of care and dedication put into it is well foreseen, and the execution is marvelous! The underwater feel turned out well, in my opinion, with the sunset and the water-like dome.

The only thing I would have to comment on is similar to what @GuitarHero_King pointed out. A variety of fish would work nicely in this splendid map, instead of most of them having the same overall structure. I would also say to maybe mix in a bit of prismarine (of the 3 different kinds) into the walls and add the famous coral used to being found in aquatic-based maps sticking out of the walls or ground coral (as most of the ground details are just green seaweed).

Final thing to note is maybe add a bit of slime (where the players will get slime balls, of course) onto higher-elevated points (example: a fish near one of the higher sand spots that has a bit of slime on it). It kinda is a bit bland to have all the slime spots on the same level, and I would love to see different spots of height for collecting slime balls.

Overall, phenomenal map you and DeMotD constructed. Just blows my mind on all the wondrous creations on these forums!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    EmmaGrill likes this.
  7. Absolutely amazing! What a masterpiece I must ya this must have took some time! By the looks of it your very creative. When I see myself build I think I’m good but then when I see this I think wow. I need to re think!

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 2:35 PM
  8. Hey!

This map looks amazing! I really like the middle of it especially! I hope to see some more maps from you!

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  9. Heyooo!

I think this is a great map, but there are a few things that I would say to improve, this is in my opinion by the way and I don't want you to take offense to any of it as this map is already great, but let's get started. So starting off the terrain (outside walls) needs to be improved, making it more smooth if you can, but not too smooth. You can do this by going in with hand-smoothing, not using any brushes but only your hand. The terrain palette could be spiced up a little too, maybe add some contrasting colors to look nice. Experiment with it!

The second issue is an underwater-themed map is already live for this game mode made by @skreb, so I don't think the submission will get accepted as Mineplex doesn't want repeat or similar themes for maps for the same game mode.

In other words, this map is very lovely, it's cute and detailed and I think if you switched up the theme, like focus on one part of the ocean or like make it Atlantis maybe, it could get accepted. Keep up the great work! I hope we can see a version of this live soon!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    EmmaGrill likes this.