• 328 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2907 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Nano Games] Vote For Next Game

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by RobbiinK, Sep 20, 2018.

?

Do you think this would be useful? & Explain why/why not

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nano Games - Vote For Next Game

Overall, I really enjoy playing nano-games. With that said, there are some areas I see for improvement. Once players are in spectate mode (either because they died, or they're joining for the first time & is waiting for the next game to start) there's really not much to do. My idea is simple, add an option for players to vote for what game they want to play next.

What if I'm unable to vote?(because I'm not in spectate mode)
    Option 1: There can be a 20-30 second period before the game starts to give everyone a chance to vote. But I think this would take away from the "nonstop-games" theme of the game.

Option 2: Give the "vote for next game" option to everyone in the game (spectators & players).. So players can choose if they want to vote for the next game or not without having to enter spectate mode and risk getting a lower score (vote at your own risk).

*a minimum of 3 votes in 1 game could be added to prevent just 1-2 players from deciding what everyone plays.

Thanks for reading my idea thread! Let me know if you have any suggestions/comments (I'll definitely make continuous updates to this thread as new ideas/concerns come up & credit you)

Nothing here yet! (comment your ideas)

Posted Sep 20, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 20, 2018
    Tetru likes this.
  2. This idea is probably one of the things i'd have expected Nano Games to already have before playing it, very nice suggestion. To add onto the idea, how about a selection of three random games in Nano Games to vote from instead of all of them so that there will still be a lot of variety and still have choices instead of the same game being played over and over again?

But nice idea +1 from me.

EDIT: You guys can forget what I said above. I didn’t understand that the game was supposed to be more fast paced as I haven’t actually gotten a chance to be more active on mineplex as of recently. It wasn’t until I read t3hero’s comment that I fully understood. I also think that you should probably lock the thread @RobbiinK but it’s up to you xd.

Posted Sep 20, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 22, 2018
    RobbiinK likes this.
  3. I see some pros and cons with this idea. I’d think some players would like to vote on each game for Nano Games but there is already a Favorite Game selection that players have. The voting period of let’s say 30 seconds would sort of take away the aspect of “nonstop” and would leave players just waiting. Also players could just keep voting for the same game and it would prevent others from playing games that they enjoy. As said above maybe it could be a selection of 3 games that they could choose from, which would be better. Overall I’d have to say that this suggestion could be necessary and unecessary in some ways. Have a good day/night!

Posted Sep 20, 2018
    Rylie and RobbiinK like this.
  4. We want players in spectator in as little as possible, and the time in between games as little as possible. Map voting wouldnt work for half the games because you are never in spectator mode, this is why we added /fav to allow you to pick your favorite games. Everyone's favorite games is counted for when picking what game pops up next. If everyone in the game picked Color Swap as their one and only fav game, it would pick that game every other time. Your next game is always based on everyone's favorite games is currently set to. We decided to do it this way because we didn't want to delay going to the next game at all. At any point while playing nano games you can simply type /favorite or /fav, select up to three, and those games should show up more for you. We also use this data (just like map voting) to determine what games are popular and what aren't.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
    skreb, joshbet9 and RobbiinK like this.
  5. Yeah, I disagree with adding a voting system. Like you said, it would get rid of the non-stop aspect of Nano Games. You also suggested to just have it active the whole time, and you can vote anytime. I still disagree with this because it gives players the option to stop playing, which no one would do. Most players would not vote during a game, which wouldn’t represent the majority. Even if it was limited to spectators, again, doesn’t represent the majority.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
  6. Personally, I really like the mindset that t3 has talked about above. Nano Games is supposed to be unique to our other ones and should be fast-paced with little downtime. We do already have the /fav option, so I don't really see it as necessary to have a voting system. It seems to be doing a great job alone in my opinion. It's a change from the rest of the games on our server where you can vote for maps or vote for specific games in the Mixed Arcade. It helps it to stand out, especially from MIN, and I think that's why it's successful. I think if we implemented a voting system, it would basically just be a slightly faster-paced Mixed Arcade that would get boring after a while.

Posted Sep 21, 2018
    RobbiinK likes this.
  7. I agree with what has been said above and do not think that Nano Games should have votes after each game. Each time a game ends, there should be little waiting time so that people, in theory, will almost always have something to do. I feel as though if voting was added, it would be too similar to Mixed Arcade as also stated above. I can see that voting would be a good way to play more of the most popular games, but the quickness and non-stop action that Nano Games provides players is something that I believe should stay the same.

Posted Sep 21, 2018
  8. Hello!

I have to disagree with you. The fast paced nature of Nano Games is what makes it unique. If this feature is added, Nano Games will become almost identical to Mixed Arcade, which kind of defeats the purpose of the game being added in the first place

Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 21, 2018
  9. Honestly I have to agree with what's been said above.
    Nano games is supposed to be non-stop and unique, adding this feature would just be making it more similar to Mixed Arcade which was not the point of this game mode.
    Considering how short some of the games can be, the longer wait time really isn't suitable for short, fast pace games like this.

Posted Sep 22, 2018