• 1000 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nano Games: Remove Name Tags in Hardcore Parkour

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by maxxx, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Hey!

So this has been in the back of my head for a while now, and it's just be a nice QoL fix to an issue that I'm sure numerous people have. During the game, it's quite hard to hit certain jumps with a bunch of people's name tags in front of you while you are trying to do the parkour. Thankfully, the players are already semi-visible, but I still feel like it's an issue trying to parkour especially after respawning, only to be met with 5-10 other people's name tags in front of you. Personally, it causes visibility issues with the next block I'm supposed to jump to, and I don't really see a purpose of them being in the game. I feel like removing them completely would just help the game a ton and there's not really a purpose for them because there is already a leader-board on the side of the screen showing who's winning currently.

Feel free to give your own opinions on this!

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    INNIX likes this.
  2. I see where you’re coming from but I don’t think this is needed really. Yes, it can be a bit frustrating but for one, I think it would be a bit confusing to the players since you wouldn’t be able to tell where people are on the map or how far they’ve gone unless you guess from the scoreboard. Removing name tags from the game would make moderation a bit harder since you wouldn’t be able to see their name tags or where they are even (this is already an issue in “Jump Rope” since name tags were removed in there too. It’s nice to see where players are around you and since they’re already semi-invisible, I don’t think this is needed in Hardcore Parkour at least. I’m not entirely opposed to this idea though so it’ll be a +0 from me for now.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  3. I don’t think it would hurt to add. Nametags are really only a problem at the beginning of the course when everyone is grouped together. Once everyone spreads out, it isn’t really an issue anymore since having one or two nametags infront of you doesn’t really effect your visibility that much.

Personally I don’t think it’s that big of an issue. I can still see the map fairly clearly (not 100% of course) even when there are a bunch of people grouped together, but I can see why it might be a problem for people, especially at the beginning. I don’t think it needs to be a priority but it wouldn’t hurt to add. Personally I don’t think it matters that much whether or not you can tell where someone is on the map based on their nametag. You’re gonna be focused on the parkour, and you can always use the scoreboard if you need a reference. Also there is a notification whenever someone completes the map. Because of this, I don’t think it would hurt to add, but I don’t think it needs to be a priority. Nice idea though.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    anuenue likes this.
  4. Would you be opposed if people who are spectating the game were able to see name tags? Just asking from curiosity.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2019
  5. I see where you are coming from when doing the parkour, and yes it is very annoying when you respawn, and 10 people's name tags pop out of nowhere. As you already said, it's helpful that some users are semi-visible which is the debate of this idea. I personally think yes, the developers should remove name tags in the parkour for Nano Games. It isn't really necessary at this point, but I don't see why they shouldn't remove the annoying tags in the parkour.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  6. Heyo,
    I'm personally on the fence about this idea, I don't believe that this entirely necessary. I do see where you're coming at, however players are already semi-visible and that is quite helpful and I honestly don't have much issues with players tags showing on my screen. Once you past that specific group with all the tags it becomes much easier to see, and then it's no longer an issue unless they catch up to you once more. @Shaiym also brings up a great point, although I'm not staff, I could imagine it being quite difficult not seeing players usernames if that player is cheating.

Overall, I commend you for creating this idea, however I personally believe this isn't necessary at the time being. I'll have to agree with Shaiym on this, I'm not entirely opposed to this idea. 0 from me.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    nolawn likes this.