• 1419 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9463 Players Online
  • 8044 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Nano Games in MPS?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Asnaf, May 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playing through many of the Mineplex gamemodes, one of them stood out and was extremely fun and unique; NANO GAMES
    Although it is something special as it is ongoing and you are able to 'cash out' at any time you'd like, I feel like it can be possible to add it into a player's MPS.
    I'm not completely sure if others already posted something on topic, but I just wanted to address it (:

The general idea is that it would show up under a category on the game selection GUI that the Host and Co-Hosts have access to, and can be able to select any of the __ games of NANO. After the game would end, it would be like any other game that's available in an MPS; it would just go back to the waiting lobby instead of continuing to another game. The many maps could also possibly be implemented into the games like all the other games in MPS's.

Now, I'm just recommending an idea, I honestly do not know how difficult it may be, but I know that it might take a while to work on something like this, as NANO is a big gamemode. As a person that plays on MPS's frequently, I hope that this can be done.

- Asnaf (:

Posted May 29, 2020
    Amg_, Johnny Welamton and Laylq like this.

2. I agree. I think Nano games could be one of the games possible but the owner should be able to change the game. If the owner wants to leave it up to the players to decide, maybe a voting system can work, or just the standard all games are played with the favorites having a higher chances.

+1

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Asnaf like this.
  3. Hey! Thanks for responding to my idea, and what you said actually gave me another idea, and it's something they removed for a reason I do not know.

They should bring back the voting system on player servers!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
    ConorGameMan and Johnny Welamton like this.
  4. Nano Games is one of my favorite game modes on Mineplex. I'd like to see this added, and I know there are a lot of players who would prefer playing Nano Games on a private server. I especially like the idea that the MPS owners can select which Nano game they want to play, since a lot of players have a favorite Nano game or may want to practice a certain Nano game. Great idea overall; I think this could be easily added.

Posted May 29, 2020
  5. Nano runs on a different engine than the rest of the server, so this probably isn't possible. We already have to switch to a different test server for map testing when we test nano maps, where the server is dedicated to nano games. It just won't work out.

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Dudeguy like this.
  6. My apologies. I was informed that my previous response was incorrect, so this is an updated response.

In January 2019, a new games engine based on the Nano Games engine was released. This meant that normal games and Nano Games engines are technically similar, meaning it is possible to add Nano Games to MPS, although it would be a complicated thing to implement. While there is no current plan to add Nano Games to MPS, it would be possible to do.

Not Planned - It is possible to do but there it is currently unlikely to be implemented.

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 1, 2020
  7. Wassup!

As you may have noticed, Nano got a pretty sizable update earlier today which has actually introduced Nano to MPS's for all players that are Legend+. You can access it through the /mps nano command.

As such, I will be marking this thread as implemented as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 and Xukuwu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.