• 652 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2736 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Games - Games Ideas and Game Change Ideas

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by AbDabTheFab, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Hello!

My name is AbDabTheFab and I just adore nano games. Though, I think it could do with maybe the following things. These are the topics that I will be talking about in this thread and hear me out, not everyone will agree, but that's fine. We all have our own opinions :)

• A Team-Deathmatch Game
    • Top Killer/Scorer in Team Games.
    • More Maps
    • A Sumo Game
    • A Water-Drop Game

1) A Team-Deathmatch Game

This is simple. For any of you who played Champions TDM before it's NPC was removed, then you would know what I am talking about. The same exact thing, just a smaller map and more people (12 people on each team). The first team to get all of the other team eliminated has won. Easy. Simple. Done With. Onto the next suggestion:

2) Top Killer/Scorer in Team Games

I didn't know how to word this properly, but it is just that in Sploor, Nano Battles, Team Deathmatch (if it's added) and etc., at the end of the team games, when the chat says who won, it should say who killed the most people. For example, if I got 7 kills (which is HIGHLY unlikely because I am bad) in Nano Battles, I would have my name after 'Top Killer:' because out of everyone, I killed the most people. It would also show the colour of the team I am in, and how much kills I got. I would also be rewarded with extra gems, experience and shards ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Same things apply to other team games.

3) More Maps

This one I think is the easiest to understand. This, to me, does not apply to all the games because of some of them have LOTS of maps. The first one which I think has not so far been added another map to - Hardcore Parkour. I think this one needs lots of maps because if there is only 1-4, people will get used to the maps and not see as much of a challenge anymore and therefore finish the parkours in no time at all. Games like Green Light, Red Light (Or whatever it is called) and Color Swap don't need new maps game-play wise, but I think that using only 2 or 3 maps for a game will look less unique, more boring and it will look like mineplex is lazy towards their looks. Therefore, I think games like the three I mentioned and more, of course, NEED a unique variety of cool-looking maps

4) A Sumo Game

I think a quick game exactly like gladiators, but with the players being naked and fisting each other outside of a fairly small platform. EXACT same thing as gladiators, just not with the park-looking map, weapons and armour. We are too cool for that

5) A Water-Drop Game

Yes! I can smell it! The end of this thread! Finally! I can finally disagree about everything this kid said!

Not yet you don't. One last game idea. A Water-Drop elimination-based game. You jump off a platform in the sky and absolutely YOLO it by falling into a pool of water which decreases slowly after each round. If you do not fall into the pool of water, then you are eliminated! Last man standing wins, and you know they be getting that experience, gems and shards ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, that is the end of my idea thread. You can now finally share your opinions in the replies below because I would love to hear them out.

Wear your seatbelts,

~Ab

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  2. I feel like the sumo game and the water drop game are repetitive. Nano games already has a dropper game. And as you said Sumo would be the "EXACT" same as gladiators except without armor. Maybe I misunderstood those two so feel free to correct me. However I like the idea of the TDM game, but I think it may be to hard to implement. If we were to do a game like TDM, it could not be with so many kits. The entire point of nano games is that it is fast paced. Adding the complexity of TDM would defeat the point.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  3. (1) Not sure how I feel about this one. It would probably take too long and be complete chaos, but you can’t be sure before you try it!
    (2) I would love to see this implemented if possible.
    (3) Biiig yes. The lack of maps just makes each game sort of repetitive (eg. parkour game like you said).
    (4) If this is almost the exact thing as Gladiators, why should it be added? This also seems a lot like Bacon Brawl but plainer.
    (5) This is the exact same thing as Dropper except with the hole shrinking. I’d rather not have a copy of a game.
    Overall - Not sure, +1, +1, -1,-1.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  4. Having played sumo in the past on various servers, I think it's a fun game and should totally be added. The only problem is that it might be somewhat close to the nano GLD game mode. They could probably make sumo but with a twist; something like a power for each fighter that they get in intervals, or something silly like a knockback stick!

Agree with the more maps idea too, that sounds nice <3

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  5. All your responses were reasonable. This one though caught my eye and I have a question for you.

Hot Potato and Reverse Tag? They are both similar, just the fact that they have core differences but the overall similarity is very close.

The same thing I think goes by a Sumo Game and Gladiators.

Thanks for your response though, I really do appreciate your opinions :)

Kind Regards,

~Ab

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 27, 2018
  6. 1. Honestly, just a simple area with walls, hills and such could be an easy map and with like 24 people on even teams it would be a fun nice fast paced game. If the community likes it wouldn't be too hard

2. It's cool and all but honestly with Nano Games currently it'd be more of a QOL addition so it wouldn't be implemented for a while I wouldn't think if it was accepted but it'd be cool to see imo.

3. The part I mainly came here for; let's get started. So everyone always thinks oh yeah you just build the map and boom add it to the server, no that's not how it works. First of all, everyone wants unique maps so you have to think of a new theme that usually isn't already in that game mode or a new concept in general. Then us builders or the community have to start building these maps and when we build it we look down to every last detail to get as close to perfection as possible so it takes a while. Then we have to test the maps, now I believe testing is like every week or couple days but anyways, once we get our fixes which may be huge or small we keep fixing every time till it's ready to be released. Once it's ready to be released it goes through a couple waiting lists and when the next map push is out there you go we've released maps for you. This whole process can take months or weeks depending on your map, so don't expect there to be a surge as soon as a new game is released but sorry for the wait.

4. Not a huge fan of this, it'd probably get boring after a while and it's a copy of one of the Quick challenges to use Knockback sticks to hit everyone off.

5. Technically a more pressured dropper for what I'm getting at, and since it's really not any change to dropper no point imo sorry, and with the effort it takes to make dropper maps another no from me

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  7. Hey AbDabTheFab!
    These are some pretty cool suggestions, it's really nice to see someone who loves Nano Games passionate to make positive changes and come up with ideas.

1. I actually really like the sound of this one. There aren't that many team games in Nano at the moment so it could be nice to see another one added. The only issue is that it could potentially take quite a long time compared to some of the other games but that depends on the details of the game, kits and what the map create for it is like.

2. As mentioned above I agree in saying that this would be a nice little feature to add. If you do significantly well in a game it's nice to get recognized for that and receiving extra rewards for that seems fair.

3. Cousinss did well in explaining the whole map issue clearly. It's unfair to just expect maps to come out of no where. Of course I would love to see some new ones but we'll just have to wait and enjoy the ones that we have until more are released. Community members can help with that by submitting their own maps if they come up with any.

4. I personally love sumo and the concept of sumo related games. However, the majority of players may find it boring or repetitive. Especially as we already have a version of Sumo in Quick Games. I feel like if we were to implement this we shouldn't make it that similar to Gladiators. In my opinion having an elevated platform with four or so different teams fight each other with a knock back item would be a really nice edition. They would be distinguishable through different coloured leather armor.

5. As a few people have already stated above, it's too similar to the Dropper. I think that the variation of it that we already have is pretty fun, and I would prefer to get new maps for it then to add a new game like this to the Nano rotation.

Thread moved Nano Games >> Game Alterations

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  8. Oof. Yes!

I think I have exaggerated with the suggestion of maps - maps, I guess, come through a difficult process to be added into games and I may have said it as if it was too easy. I should not have done that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2018
    Cousinss and Zipppo like this.