• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10236 Players Online
  • 7346 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nano Games Achievements

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by nico, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM.

Tags:
  1. Nano Games Achievements:
    Nano Games Currently has three completely useless and irrelevant achievements:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These achievements are in no way creative or challenging and there is no excuse for this due to the massive amount of games providing a surplus of opportunity for creative achievements.

There are only three achievements that take advantage of the large amount of games:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Ideas for Achievements:
    Bawk Bawk's Wrath: Playing the Long Game (Win a game due to time limit).
    Chicken Shoot: Marksman (Achieve a score of 120 or more points).
    Zombie Survival: Undead King (Kill 7 survivors in one game).
    Ores Ores Ores: Master Miner (Achieve a score of over 250 points).
    Jump Rope: Hopper (Win a game due to time limit).
    King Slime: Stuffed (Give Big Brian 13 slime balls in one serving).
    Hardcore Parkour: Parkourist (̶C̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶6̶0̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶)̶. (Be the first to complete a parkour without dying).
    Reverse Tag: Untouchable (Win a game without ever losing your emerald).
    Sploor: Domination (Win with 2,500 more points than the opposing team).
    Nano Wizards: Warlock (Achieve a score of 40 or more points).

These are just some ideas. I am not suggesting that all of these be implemented.

I just wanted to offer some ideas for creative achievements that relate to the large game pool instead of lazy, easy, and pointless achievements like "Nani Games?", "Better than last!", and "Still better than last!".

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM,
    Last edited Jul 2, 2020 at 9:30 AM
  2. Hey dude.
    I really like this idea. Actually, new achievments are planned for Nano Games. So examples are, get over 300 points in Ores Ores Ores, kill right people in Bawk Bawk's Wrath, ect. However, more achievments wouldn't hurt! On the other hand, Zombie Survival is planned to be removed because it is boring and drawn out, so maybe that achievment shouldn't come.
    Overall, this is a great idea for Nano Games.
    +1

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 1:09 PM
  3. As an avid Nano player, I definitely agree that the achievements you brought up aren't very good ones (the ones already in place). They lack creativity and are incredibly easy to get, which isn't what achievements are supposed to be. I agree that they should be removed or at least altered.

The achievements you suggested honestly sound amazing. They aren't overly difficult, and they relate more to what Nano is about than the ones like Nani Games. I would definitely be more motivated to play Nano with the achievements you suggested, and I'm sure many others will be as well. Of course, they probably can't all be implemented due to having too many achievements, but I'm sure that some would do really well if they were implemented.

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 2:49 PM
    nico likes this.
  4. Hey! I play NANO all the time, and when I looked at my stats seeing how many achievements I had gotten, I was honestly shocked. I think it's good that you brought these up, because these three are incredibly easy to get and the other ones are more time/experience based. I definitely agree with you that more "hard" achievements should be added, specific to a particular NANO game, to make them a little less achievable for just about everyone.

As for the achievements themselves, I personally think we should keep "Nani Games?" so that players can be more motivated to start playing NANO for the first time and fall in love with it. In addition, there are usually 1-2 easier achievements in every game, and for this one alone, I think it should be kept for that reason. The other two you pointed out, on the other hand, I agree with you on removing. They are pretty pointless if you are an experienced player and are attainable in 10-15 minutes with some practice. Some of the new achievements you suggested that I like the most are "Bawk Bawk's Wrath", "Parkourist", and "Warlock". I personally believe that the "Domination" achievement may be a bit too easy, due to players being AFK and/or quitting during this game, but I think the rest you suggested are all awesome ideas! I really enjoyed reading your thread as well as all of the ideas you had, and I hope that a few (or more) of these are implemented in the future. +1

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 6:19 PM
  5. Hi! I don't play that much Nano on my own (I will with friends though), but I definitely agree that the achievements you mentioned should be removed and replaced with achievements that actually require more effort in specific game than those that can be achieved in just about any game. And I have to say, you made some pretty good achievement suggestions that would require effort and experience. Out of all the achievements you suggested, I'm a fan of the "Warlock", "Untouchable", and "Master Miner" the most, but I also like the "Marksman" achievement. With that being said, I really like your idea and I hope it can be implemented in the future! Have a wonderful day!

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 9:32 PM
  6. Hey!
    I definitely agree with you about NANO needing new achievements. Here are my opinions about the easier achievements and the harder ones currently:
    Nani Games?: I agree with you on this, I definitely don't see a point in this achievement because there is nothing challenging about playing 1 nano game and I feel that it should be removed from the achievements list.
    Better than last and Still better than last: I also agree with these 2 achievement's not being challenging as well because on a lot of nano's games, lot's of players tie for 2nd and 3rd place (same with 1st but not as difficult) so I could see these achievements getting removed as well because it really doesn't reflect a players skill in nano games.
    Copy Kitty, QUICK, Not dead yet: These 3 achievement's are definitely what I think of as a challenge in nano. I personally have never completed the "Copy Kitty" one because of how challenging it is but it's the reason why I always try-hard in this game, my record is 9 so far but it has even taken me awhile to get to that point. I also love the "Not dead yet" achievement as well because I never really enjoyed Slime Cycles because I was never good at it however, this achievement allowed me to set that goal for myself to come better. And last but not least, the "QUICK" achievement. This one is personally my favorite because even though the QUICK games seem rather simple, it is hard to rank up so many QUICK wins but, when you do, you are rewarded very well. I especially like how when you complete a certain amount, you get a new number to beat.

Overall, I definitely think that "Nani Games?", "Better than last", and "Still better than last" should be removed from the game and be replaced by more challenging ones since that's what achievements usually tend to be. I made a list of all your ideas and here are my opinions and some feedback on them:
    Bawk Bawk's Wrath: Playing the Long Game: I really like this idea because even though it sounds simple, it really isn't. This game can be extremely hard to receive 1st place on due to the fact it's based on player's hitting you off/away, as well for how long the game can last because of this. I think this idea is perfect how it is and doesn't need to be altered.
    Chicken Shoot: Marksman: I love this achievement idea due to the fact I'm a huge try-hard in this game. Chicken shoot can definitely be challenging and hard to get so many points on when you haven't played it a lot or need more practice with it. My only suggestion with this idea would to make the point limit a little lower just due to how quick this game is. I would personally suggest 100-110 instead of 120.
    Zombie Survival: Undead King: This one might be one of the most challenging achievement's listed for me personally. I think this could be super fun and could also be a way for more players to wanna be a zombie instead of a survivor. This game is super challenging in the aspect of killing survivors because they are usually hiding at the highest point in the map and can easily hit zombie's off, as well as running, leading the zombie's to chase them. This game goes by quick and can be extremely hard to kill even a few players so I think that having a set goal would make player's wanna complete it. I don't have any suggestion's for this idea because I think 7 would be the perfect amount for this achievement considering how difficult it is and the time frame.
    Ores Ores Ores: Master Miner: This game is another one of my favorites and I absolutely love this achievement idea! This game definitely takes a lot of skill in my opinion to know where all the "good" ores are. I have found that I am rather good at this game due to the fact that I realized the placement of the diamond and emerald ores on most of the maps (the sides) and to always go for the not so good ores like coal and iron when I come across them because it's still points. I definitely think that this idea would be a super fun achievement for player's and would make player's wanna find the better ores to get the most amount of points to become more skilled at the game. My only suggestion is, is that you lower the points to 210-220 just because of how fast paced this game is.
    Jump Rope: Hopper: I would absolutely love for this to get implemented just because of how hard this game can be for player's that don't know how to play just yet. When I first started playing this it literally felt impossible but as I played it more and more, I became better each time and now I usually place first because of it. This game is also rather long but it comes with a lot of skill and can end up being a head to head game every time. For these reasons, I definitely think that this achievement could make player's wanna learn this game more to become better at it and be super fun while doing it!
    King Slime: Stuffed: I personally don't understand this achievement due to the fact that you are only able to give Big Brian 10 slime balls at a time. If you are suggesting this as a game change, I personally don't agree with it just because I think that the 10 slime ball limit is what makes it more difficult to complete. If the amount was even changed to 13, I think this achievement would be way too easy to complete.
    Hardcore Parkour: Parkourist (Complete a parkour in under 60 seconds): This definitely is among one of the most challenging achievement's you have suggested so far due to how difficult completing parkour maps are. However, I don't necessarily think that this should be added just because it almost seems impossible. I have rarely ever seen any player complete a parkour in under 60 seconds, and if they do, it's usually on a specific map so I don't think this achievement would be fair in the aspect of only being able to do it on a certain map as well as how difficult it would be on other maps if that makes sense.
    Reverse Tag: Untouchable: This is an interesting one and I kind of like it. I personally have never played a game of Reverse Tag that I have kept my emerald the whole time but I do think it could be very possible and take a lot of skill. I don't see anything suggestions with this idea and it might be one of my favorites because it is something I would definitely like to work at.
    Sploor: Domination: I'm kind of uneasy about this idea. Honestly, Sploor is more luck than skill in my opinion and usually these games are rather close so I don't really see this achievement ever being possible. If I were to suggest something to make this idea work, I would say making it 1000 points instead of 2500 because that seems more do-able in my eyes.
    Nano Wizards: Warlock: I personally wouldn't like this idea to be added just because of how bad I am at this game however, I think this is also another really good idea because this game can be quite challenging for player's that have never played it much and would allow them to wanna become better at it. I know if there was an achievement for this game, it would make me wanna become more skilled at it. My only suggestion would be to make it 45 points just because I always see player's winning with 40 so this could give them a bit of a challenge as well.

Posted Jun 29, 2020 at 10:43 PM
    ItsFree, nico, Rilau and 1 other person like this.
  7. I agree with nano games needing more achievements considering how many games are in the gamemode. I also liked your ideas for the achievements, and I believe that there should be an achievement for each game in NANO similar to mixed arcade.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:24 AM
  8. Hey!

As someone who is a huge fan of Nano Games, I'm always excited to see peoples suggestions to the game. Now I must say, it would be really cool to see some new achievements to achieve, especially since it would give me and many other players more to do than just grind wins. As for the achievements you suggested, I do really like them. They don't seem too hard or out of reach, and they all seem fair and fun to complete! However, the only achievement that I would change would be the "Parkourist" for Hardcore Parkour. The problem with this one is that not all maps are the same length, and a majority of them take over 60 seconds to complete, even if you miss 1, or no jumps. And yes, at some point, there would be a map that isn't over 60 seconds, but still. In replacement, I suggest making this achievement where a player needs to be the first person to make it to the end, and doesn't die/miss any jumps. I feel like this would make it a bit more balanced and could be completed on all maps. Other than this, I found each achievement to be very unique and good! +1

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:29 AM
    nico and MaybeTay (HeyItsTay_) like this.
  9. Thank you for your thoughts on the ideas! I'm glad that you agreed with most of the choices and thank you for taking the time to look through and put thought into them all. As for when you said:
    You are able to give Big Brain 13 slime balls by getting 9 and then punching a power slime :) It's not exactly challenging but it requires some though process when you are trying to get it without help.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2020 at 9:23 AM
    MaybeTay (HeyItsTay_) likes this.
  10. This seems a lot more reasonable. I initially made it 60 seconds for the very challenging aspect and because there are many maps where completing the parkour in <60 seconds even with mistakes is reasonable; however, this may be very difficult for some players seeing as how I have found many players who have trouble completing Copy Kitty. I definitely agree with that arrangement!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    ripnick™ likes this.
  11. Thanks for telling me this, I never knew this was possible. Definitely changed my mind receiving this information because even though this achievement isn't extremely hard, I'm sure that there's quite a few players that also don't know about this like I did and could be difficult at first for a player to figure out.​

Posted Jul 2, 2020 at 3:37 PM