• 1234 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3813 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano game /skip command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Sally Acorn, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Heya!

Do you ever play nano games and you come across a game you don't like? Trying to switch to another game can take a 30 seconds max. I have a solution for that will make you quickly join a new nano games server. There should be a command for Nano games ONLY. When you type /skip in chat on nano games, you will be instanly teleported another randon nano games server.

~Jet The Hawk

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    Animalll, _NoHaxJustCats_ and Im_Ken like this.
  2. Well, what would prevent players from skipping all of the games until they get to one they like? I personally just roll with the rotation, most of the games are fine to me. They're pretty fast-paced so you don't have to play ones you don't like very long, or you can just choose to sit it out and do nothing. -1 from me

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  3. I’d have to agree with what Bunni said above. The Nano rotation games is fine and I don’t see the point to have a /skip command. What happens when I use /skip command when I don’t like one particular Nano game? It’d automatically cash out my rewards after I switched to another server. All of the Nano games doesn’t last longer.

I don’t think /skip command shouldn’t be added in Nano. -1

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    Im_Ken and ATruePitato like this.
  4. Personally I find this to be a great idea. There are Nano Games that I don't find to be the greatest - so opting out would be wonderful.

I would find it better if, rather than sending players from game-to-game, they can vote to skip that Nano Game, up to the first fifteen seconds (so that performance doesn't determine whether they skip or not). This would make things easier; people would not constantly be queing for another game, and drifting from Nano Game server to Nano Game server. The requirement for skipping the game would be 3/4 of all the players on the server.

I'm neutral on your suggestion. +0

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  5. Heyo,
    I strongly agree with what Phamtastic and Bunni stated. Personally, I feel as if the current Nano rotation is fine, games are fairly quick and if there's a certain game I don't like I just stick it out. If this was implemented many players may do this to skip a game they don't like making the other server empty with barely enough players to start a game. Also, just as Bunni stated, you could just sit out on games you wouldn't prefer to play.
    I don't believe that the suggestion @Hestong created in necessarily bad, however that other 1/4 of the server will be quite disappointed. Just as Phamtastic, Bunni, and myself stated that'd it would be much better and easier just to stick it out or to not participate so everyone gets a fair share.

Overall, I believe your idea is necessary and it shouldn't be implemented in Nano Games. -1 from me.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  6. I'm unsure if people are misreading this suggestion, but what I get from it is this: the command would act as a replacement for the next best game command which is featured in all games but Nano Games on Mineplex.

In this case, the command would send you to the next nano lobby with a game about to start.

I think the command itself is a little misleading since "/skip" kind of implies you are voting to skip a game. Overall I think this is basically a suggestion to add /nextbestgame to Nano Games and I don't see whats wrong with that.
    He said it would send you to a new Nano server, so there wouldn't be anything changing with the rotation of games that are set. I think you just misread the suggestion.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    skarm and Hestong like this.

7. Hey!

What a great idea you brought up because now I can share a nice little story. Before I get into it, I think the idea is beneficial in many ways as it won’t really be annoying if there was a requirement of players to /skip in order to skip the game + theres no downside to it.

Alright. So I usually don’t play nano but my friend
    @Tea here private msged me in-game, and asked to me help her with a task concerning a map on Nano. She needed photos, yes I repeat, photos of the map she built for Jump Rope because she didn’t take some beforehand for her profile. So we literally sat in the Nano Games server on US for like 10 minutes, both of us favorited the game Jump Rope so the game would show up more. 10 minutes passed, and she told me to hop on EU because there would be less people playing. After getting more friends on to help us (all of us favorited jump rope and nothing else, and TEA MADE SURE OF IT LOL), we spent some more time on an empty nano server afking and waiting for the map to show.
    Yeah, uh, let’s just say I gave up on that.

Now if the /skip command was there, I think the process or chances of getting to the specific map would’ve been superrrrrr helpful.

ps- i don’t even know if Tea got photos at the end. LOL.

~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  8. I got the picture for my profile but I didn't take it, let's just say I got it from the different source rather than trying to get it by waiting in a NANO lobby eeee. but for the suggestion itself, I don't think it helps people that much - like it was already stated, NANO games don't last long, so I don't see the issue with the current situation since all the games last like, what 5 minutes? it's not *that* hard to wait for it. If the games had a duration similar to Cake Wars, yeah there would be a problem, but it this case, they don't lol.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  9. This idea isn’t to skip games, it’s to send you to another lobby, that’s all it is.

I feel like people are reading the title and presuming what the idea would be.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  10. Hey there,

Thanks for clearing this up, At first I did think it was to skip games but now I'm looking at it from the previous system;

I know this feature has been added before (/gotonextbestgame) but that was removed due to abuse of the system with parties larger than 6 people preventing the game from starting, it was also removed for another reason which I'm not familiar with but I'm more than positive mineplex won't be implementing a system which can be abused by its players.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  11. oooooooooh. mb. but that skip command in game would be nice for nano.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  12. So if the game continued, then 3/4 of the players would not participate, and would be quite disappointed. If 75% of the players are not playing the game, then there's a problem.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  13. Although this feature seems rather simple, I'm not sure if this is completely necessary. First of all, it is not very hard to type in "/sv NANO-#" in order to be connected to another Nano Games server. Not only that, but Nano Games is designed to be filled with short minigames, so it's not very difficult to wait them out. Despite this, however, it would be easier to type in /skip and it does seem like a simple feature. Because of this, I'll remain neutral towards this idea.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    whip109mario, ATruePitato and Sakeusi like this.
  14. I do see where you're coming at, however 3/4 of the server could participate or stick it out like multiple users and I stated previously. I also feel as if a lot of players will not use this command because I don't believe that 3/4 of the server would want to skip the same specific game.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  15. This probably wouldn't get you into a new game faster than just waiting it out. You would have to type the command, be teleported to the next server, and then wait for the game playing on that server to finish. Nano Games really aren't that long, hence the name, so I don't really see a dire need for this.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  16. I have to agree with what some of the others have said. Firstly, I don't think this is very necessary, as it would most likely take you more time to make use of the command over waiting in your previous lobby for the game to change. Nano games are meant to be a short, arcade-styled gamemode that don't allow you to have to wait very long between games. In saying that, I like the general idea, however, I feel as if a skip command is unnecessary in a mode such as this.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  17. I feel like this might make gameplay experience less fun for some people. Adding the command would definitely make it easier to switch servers, and as a result of that, I believe it would cause more people to leave games if they stumble upon a game they don’t like.

Especially looking at games that maybe aren’t as well liked (such as slime cycles or copy cat), a lot of people would probably leave which would make the gameplay experience not as fun for the people that actually enjoy the game since there would consistently be less people.

Also like said above, none of the nano games last very long. It’s easier to just wait it out to be honest. No point in having people /skip because they are in a game they don’t like just to continue waiting in spectator mode in another server.

Nice idea, I get where you are coming from, but I don’t believe it needs to be implemented.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  18. I agree with this idea. There are some games where almost everyone leaves because they dislike the game.

Good suggestion.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  19. I think this would be better if it was in the nano game server and everyone would have 10 seconds to skip it or not. If there are more skips then the game will be skipped and if there is less skips then the game won’t be skipped.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  20. Personally, I don't think this idea would work well in Nano Games (as specified by various players above me).

However, this has given me a great idea. What if a /skip command was added, but it was a vote type command. If players didn't like the current game-mode, they could use /skip. If the majority of players used /skip then the game would automatically move onto the next one.

In addition to this, this could be put under review by Senior Staff Members, they can look at which games are skipped the most and from there either modify or remove them.

If anyone likes my idea or has any feedback please let me know.

Posted Jul 21, 2019