• 1142 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5894 Players Online
  • 4752 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Game Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by TekMonkeyJr, May 23, 2020.

1. I call it, "Breakthrough". Here's how you play.

- There are a total of 7 walls that you have to go through and each wall is a different type of block. (Everyone will have the same walls in the same order but no one will see your progress).

- Each player will have the same set of tools for specific blocks. (Examples: Sheers for leaves, swords for cobwebs, wooden pick for stone, enchanted diamond pick for obsidian, etc.)

- There will be a time limit to get through all 7 walls and players have to get to the other side to win. First person to get to the end wins.

Posted May 23, 2020
  2. Hey!

I like this idea for nano! It looks like a fast game that is challenging but also fun! I've also played games like this before so it would be cool to see it added on Mineplex. The name for the game makes sense too since they have to "break through" the walls to win! I also like the idea of having different blocks and the tools corresponding to those blocks (so you can break them). The only question I have is how thick are the walls? Is it two blocks you need to break then you're on the next wall? If so, there needs to be more than 7 walls, I would say at least 15. Just having 7 will make the game way too fast!

Overall, I would like to see this game added to nano, so I give it a +1, thanks for the game suggestion!

Posted May 23, 2020
    Xukuwu, HeyItsTay_ and 0775 like this.
  3. Hey!
    I honestly am loving this idea! I think that this would be a great game to be implemented into nano because its simple and fast. Especially, with a certain time limit, this game could be challenging! This game would be very fair as well because everyone could do it :D As well as what @ItsFree said, my only question is, would the walls be thick or only one layer so in total 7 layers? I would suggest making more than 7 layers but each layer a different block so the game isn't too fast, maybe a minute or a little less? However, I defiantly could see myself playing this game and would love to try it out!
    +1 idea, simple, fast, fun

Posted May 23, 2020
  4. Hey!

Like others have said, this seems like the perfect fast-paced game for Nano! It would be cool to have a differing variety of games in nano and there aren't many that involving using multiple tools and having horizontal progression like you described. Overall, I do not see any negatives from this idea and maybe think that the only issues would be deciding what the walls would be made out of and how many there would be.

+1

Posted May 23, 2020
  5. This idea looks interesting and fun to play! I think it fits perfectly with the other Nano games and it doesn't look hard to create/implement since its only blocks that players have to breakthrough. The only thing that I would change is adding 3-5 seconds after the first player reaches the end instead of only one person winning. This way, more than one person could win that round and it would be fairer. Other than that, I hope to one day see your idea created into the game!
    +1

Posted May 23, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  6. This idea sounds pretty interesting, and I think it would fit perfectly in the NANO category if it were to be added. I just have the same suggestion as others have mentioned above, add more layers to it because 7 walls doesn't sound like it will take that long to get through unless players are mining obsidian or another block that takes a while to break. Regardless, I still think it's a unique concept and would love to see it added! I have a few ideas that might improve your game, but I'm not entirely sure so I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

A way to make it a bit more interesting is adding large gaps between the walls. By doing this, it requires players to move a larger distance to reach the next wall, and you can put ice or soul sand to add an element of parkour and add more strategy to the game.

Another idea I'm not entirely sure would work out would be to add consequences for mining a block with the wrong tool. One in mind I have is giving the player mining fatigue for a short amount of time. This gives an advantage to players playing the right way by switching tools, and gives the opportunity for players to make mistakes which could add more competition.

Overall, I'd love to see this added with a few tweaks! +1 from me.

Posted May 23, 2020
  7. Hey!
    I'm interested in this idea but more neutral than the rest. I'm intrigued by the idea, I feel like it would fit perfectly in Nano Games as it seems fast-paced and quick. I like the idea of having different walls to break through, and having certain tools to get through. I also think a good idea (and honestly this might have been your plan from the beginning, it just wasn't really shown) would be to make the difficulty harder as you go, like have a few levels of leaves and dirt and stone in the beginning, but then get obsidian and wool, merged together, and other combinations that could be interesting. I like the general idea, the only reason I'm more neutral is that I don't really see the challenge. All Nano Games have a challenge that allows other players to be better than the rest and allow you to grow and get better. It could be my mind not being in the right place, but I just don't see how this isn't straight forward and just simply not allowing players to have a certain advantage from playing more than others. I think this game needs something else to really make it unique, special and addicting, however, the problem is, I have nothing on my mind about what that could be. In my opinion, the only element of strategy or challenge that could be implemented is if you do follow through with the idea of the walls getting thicker and more challenging as you move on in levels. For example: Having a final level being multiple layers thick, with various selections of blocks such as; Obsidian, Wood, Wool, etc).
    Basically, in the end, I like the general idea. I think it's fast-paced and would fit perfectly in Nano. My only complaint is that I don't see much of a challenge unless you had multiple blocks in one wall, which would then implement an element of strategy and challenge that I'm looking for. In the end, great idea, I'm just looking for it to be expanded further. I would love to hear a response from you explaining about how this does have an element of challenge and strategy that I may have missed.
    Have a good day!

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  8. Hey there! I love the idea, and sounds like a great addition to the Nano Games! Break through is a great name for the game and it sounds like it wouldn’t take to long to play. +1

Posted May 24, 2020
  9. Honestly this seems like a really solid idea, Mineplex should implement this ASAP.

Posted May 24, 2020
  10. Hey!

Honestly, this seems like a great idea! I've played similar games like this on other servers, and it seems to be quite interesting and at times, competitive. With the way Nano Games works and the rest of their games, I feel like this game would fit in perfect! Overall, great idea and should definitely be implemented! You get a +1 from me!

Posted May 24, 2020
  11. Cool one, but it seems to imitate lab escape from hypix.

+0.5

Posted May 24, 2020
  12. This seems like a good idea for a nano game

Posted May 24, 2020
  13. I should've been clearer on that because taht was intended. When the first person gets there, there will be 10 seconds for the other players to try to get to second. If a person gets to second, then it will go to 3 seconds for the third person and it will stop when it hits the third player. Allows it so other players have a good chance of getting the top 3.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
    YoungSavage220 likes this.
  14. Actually scratch that. For it to be interesting, make it 3 or 4 blocks thick for only the easier to break blocks and 2 or 1 blocks thick for the harder to break blocks. It would be fun to maybe add in some parkour in between walls. The parkour could get harder as you get further in. (The parkour wouldn't be too hard and too short because the main focus of the gamemode is breaking through the walls).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020