• 1490 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5327 Players Online
  • 3837 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Game Idea - Flood Escape

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ATruePitato, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Hey, there!

I've recently come up with a new game idea which is, "Escape: Flash Floods" . First and foremost, I'd like to explain on how this game will work, it's fairly self explanatory. You and others playing this game will spawn on small platform in a map, you're in an enclosed location, you have very limited time to make it to a safe platform. You and the other players will have to parkour through obstacles, dash through mazes,solve riddles, in order to make it to this safe platform. I'd like to elaborate in more clear wording, you're in a box like location, you have to get past tough parkour jumps and if you miss a jump you fall into water drowning and dying almost instantaneously. If you get past the first stage you'll move on to the maze stage, where water starts to rise up to your legs, then your chest, then your head. If it gets to the point where it reaches over your head you'll begin to drown and you can't live anymore. If you past the maze stage then, congratulations, you made it to the final but hardest stage. You and others will have to brainstorm and talk in chat to find a secret button that allows opens a trap door down to safety, once you get down to that specific platform you win. The final stage will be in a stone room, surrounded by buttons but you will have to find the right one. There will be two chests with 3 papers in each chest giving specific hints on where the individual saving button is. Water will begin to rise in a matter of time and if you and your peers don't find the button in time you'll drown and die. However, if you make it to the last stage the water takes a fairly long time so you wont die in a matter of seconds, approximately minutes.

I completely changed the concept of this idea, and I thank you for reading my suggestion.

Posted Jun 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2019
    Overstuffed and Doctar like this.
  2. I actually remember this game on another gaming platform. I’d assume that’s where you got the idea, given the name and everything. The mechanics for that platform work a lot differently, so I’m a little concerned on how it will work when put into a game setting such as Minecraft. I truly think it’s an interesting idea, and if executed correctly could attract players and publicity towards the game. What I moreso like about this game is that it’s a game of teamwork, not competitiveness. It’s a game that you can simply continue playing for however long and not really get bored of it.

I think that since the game has multiple rounds, it would be better suited as a game in itself. No one is going to want to go play one round of it in Nano and then onto the next game. People will want to play multiple rounds, whenever they want, for however long they want. I feel as though this can be a mini game people would actually enjoy playing and grinding on.

I do feel as though you need to improve some of your ideas and the name, as we’re not trying to blatantly copy a very popular game. I feel as though changing a few of the mechanics could greatly improve the game and make it more of our own. Overall, I’m a fan of the idea, but you do need to fix a few of your ideas to ensure we’re making original content and not something that is a copy of another game on another platform.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    ATruePitato and rexh17 like this.
  3. Like happilycam said, this idea seems to be based on another platform(one that I still enjoy playing) and it’s hard to imagine such a thing in Minecraft. Mineplex is not going to copy a game so obviously. It’s an interesting idea though.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  4. Heyo!

Sadly, I did blatantly steal an idea from a different platform other than Minecraft and I'm genuinely sorry. I completely changed the concept of the idea I had before, and I tried to make it as original as I can. Thanks.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  5. Now that you have changed it, it looks like a fun, original game
    +1 to the idea even though bedrock doesn’t have Nano games

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    ATruePitato and Doctar like this.
  6. Hey, there!

Just like @happilycam suggested, I took consideration into making this a standard game itself, so if this does happen to get implemented hopefully, Bedrock players will be able to play this game. I can't change the name of the thread, but I'd like you to know I wouldn't want it to be a Nano game anymore.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  7. Oh alrighty, thank you for that it seems like fun

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  8. I played this on roblox its pretty fun

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  9. what's your username? I will friend you both on "the other platform" and on Minecraft bedrock

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  10. Hey!

This seems like a pretty cool concept to me. I hope it gets added to nano. Cheers!

Posted Jun 21, 2019