• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Game: Fairy forest

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Luca, Oct 28, 2018.

?

Would you enjoy this mode?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2018.
  1. I would like it

50.0%
  2. You are over the top

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too complicated :/

50.0%
  4. Nope sounds horrible to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Luca

Luca

Ofkay here is my suggestion. All the players are inside a mysterious forest and they need the help of the fairies to find the way out

To get a fairy the players will need to present them with a flower
    Flower patches:

patches where flowers grow(about 3-5 different patches)
    flowers regrow however slowly
    players obtain them by breaking them(they will land right in their inventories and can't be stolen)
    players can only hold 1 flower and after that they can't break any more flowers

Fairy:

[FONT="Open Sans",Arial,sans-serif]Is basically the fairy particle effect in the hub but roams around more freely and consists of other particles(happy villager?)[/FONT]
    gets "captured" by getting clicked on with a flower
    when captured a short beam of heart particles will fly at the player and when it hits them they will obtain the "Emerald Twirl" particle effect indicating they have a fairy around them
    Fly around in the map, sometimes too high to be reached and are a little bit slower than the average player(their speed should be adjusted while testing)
    Should have a realistic chance of being able to steal other players fairies
    while your fairy is attracted their should be musical notes around you (music particle effect) this should warn the player to stay away from the music box
    fairies will leave their owner faster the nearer they are to magical music boxes
    having a fairy while music plays will slow you down so it will be harder for players to avoid the music

If you have a flower, but can't reach a fairy or maybe you got your flower late, there will be magical music boxes growing from the ground
    Magic music box:

Spawns randomly on the map however it is announced in the chat that a magical music box is growing
    for a short span (1-3 sec) there will just be some magical crits and potion swirls in the air and then the note block will appear with a ring of music particles above(particles last for 0.5 - 1 sec)
    players can play them just by spamming right click on them
    music attracts fairies and if other players are near them, their fairy might leave them and get snitched off
    magical music boxes disappear 10 seconds after the first time being played on (time might change, depends on testing)
    their position won't be greatly highlighted and people have to search for them

The forest itself is an area which you can only proper advance through having a fairy guiding you
    The fairy forest:

contains "dark areas". These areas cannot be accessed unless you have a fairy guiding you. They are highlighted through dark particles like smoke and swirls, the parts behind them are also dark
    players trying to enter without fairy will get blindness and after entering 2-3 blocks will get bounced backwards with a message saying stuff like "It is too dark to walk through there, you need a fairy"
    Players with fairies won't see these particles and get night vision (I think particles can also be sent as client side packages so this could work out)
    Players with fairies can walk through that area
    The next parts of the forest get more gloomy and gloomy, and there are less flowers and fairies
    Your fairy will leave you after leading you and you have to get a different flower to catch the fairy of the new areal
    In the last area are only two flower patches with one flower and there is only one fairy left (last man standing)
    players without fairy will just get lost in the darkness because it gets darker and darker the more fairies leave the areal (this can just be displayed by light sources disappearing with each fairy and some particles spreading through the whole playing area
    the areas get smaller and smaller the further they go

I got some additional ideas like : people with flowers will get chased by snake like wood blocks crawling through the ground stunning them on their way by rooting their feet
    or a special flower that rarely grows which can snatch a players fairy or in general some stuff that could improve fairy stealing without making it too easy however i don't want to slow down the mode too much so i think there shouldn't be too much fairy stealing

To the devs: I know some stuff in there might be a little annoying to code however I think you should be able to get this done, considering that you can also recycle some lobby stuff and the way my ideas are designed should not be too hard to program. I just hope you can make "clicking the fairy" possible because I think you have to add something invisible that has a small hitbox so players can interact with it. I think you can do it anyway somehow, I really respect your work!

I am open for critic, objections, ideas or questions
    --- Post updated ---
    I just realized this mode might be a little too complicated xD
    To make clear: when catching a fairy a beam of hearts will be send to you from the fairies position and as soon as the beam fully hit you, you will get the emerald twirl
    Every time someone leaves the areal with a fairy a light source e.g glowstone or sea lantern just transforms into a normal block or breaks (i would honestly do it with some fancy particle effects but if this actually becomes a thing the devs would want to kill me lol)
    people can't completely rush this because flowers will just start growing after some players are in the same areal as you
    magical music boxes should work because the forest won't be too open so that players can see the juke boxes on a great distance and walk into them getting trapped in the music
    your fairy can get stolen between 2-5 seconds through music
    --- Post updated ---
    I just realized this mode might be a little too complicated xD
    To make clear: when catching a fairy a beam of hearts will be send to you from the fairies position and as soon as the beam fully hit you, you will get the emerald twirl
    Every time someone leaves the areal with a fairy a light source e.g glowstone or sea lantern just transforms into a normal block or breaks (i would honestly do it with some fancy particle effects but if this actually becomes a thing the devs would want to kill me lol)
    people can't completely rush this because flowers will just start growing after some players are in the same areal as you
    magical music boxes should work because the forest won't be too open so that players can see the juke boxes o
    --- Post updated ---
    The wood snakes should chase people with fairies not with flowers*

Posted Oct 28, 2018
  2. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

I'm kind of confused as to what the objective of the game is. Is it to survive the snakes? Also, this game seems to long to be in Nano Games. Though this is a fascinating concept. I like the amount of detail you give for all the things in the game.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ayeconic

Ayeconic

Hey!

I can see that this idea has really been thought out and you have put a lot of time and effort into this post.

This idea is very unique and I haven't seen anything like this before, however I have read through your idea and some parts are clearer than others and it is a bit difficult to understand due to the layout and structure.

Also this game seems rather lengthy and nano games are meant to be short and sharp to keep the action going and not drag on too long and it seems that this game may cause issues regarding that.

I suggest you separate this thread into different sections and make it a bit more visible and easier to process and understand as it is all thrown into one and can be a bit confusing. You could also try and add a short explanation at the end explaining the basic concept of the game and what the goal would be as I can imagine some users may also have an issue understanding this game as it is very detailed (not a bad thing!)

However, great idea and once again I can see how much time and effort has gone into this post and you have done an amazing job, good luck with your idea!

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  4. ShewRadical

ShewRadical

Great Idea! This explanation is very lengthy and can be simplified a bit. It sounds better off as a stand alone and probably will be a lengthy gameplay for it to be suggested for nano games. Great work on the ability to have such a detailed description!

Posted Nov 8, 2018