• 523 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8961 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Nano] Disaster!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GuardianInASuit, Oct 12, 2019 at 2:03 AM.

1. The Update Ideas Crew is proud to present Disasters a new Game/Nano Game for Java!

What is Disaster?
    Disasters is a game where you are forced to survive 1-3 Disasters! The game should pick around 2 Easy Disasters and 1 Hard Disaster. The game also has a chance to pick an Assistive Disaster! The goal of the game is to survive for four minutes. Everyone who stays alive wins!

Down below is where you can find more information about this game!

Game Modes
    This Section is if it was made into its own game

Easy Mode: You spawn on a map with 16 players. The game picks 1 thru 3 disasters after a 15 second grace period the game will announce the disasters and start. The game lasts 4 minutes after the 4 minutes is up the game will announce the player who survived as winners.

Hard Mode: You spawn on a map with 16 players. The game will have a 15 second grace period. After the grace period ends. The game will announce 1 disaster at the beginning and after 30 seconds it will add another disaster and after every 30 seconds a new disaster will be added after 4 minutes the game will end and the survivors will be declared as winners!

Team Mode: You spawn on an island with a team of 4 and there are 4 teams. After a 15 second grace period, the game will announce 1-5 disasters and the goal of the game is to be the last team alive! This game will last until the last team is alive! [

UIC Manager Note:
    We kept this section in just in case this would be considered its own game.

Kits

Name: Civilian
    Type: Default

Idea:

There are no other kits. Just for "Hey there's a kit in the lobby" 's sake, this is just here. Players don't have any items, nor any bonus stats. Maybe some speed but otherwise, just vanilla

Disasters!

Easy Disasters

Swap

Description:

Every 15 to 20 Seconds you get swapped with a player. You can fail and not swap players but it is very rare to fail.

Brainzzzz

Description:

1 player starts off as infected and the slowly loose health as they try to infect other players.

Karate Pig: The Return

Description:

Pigs attack players. Simple really

U.F.O

Description:

Players need to stay indoors else UFOs target them and beam them up

Hot Potato

Description:

A few players have potatoes and have to pass them before the timer runs out. It should be 50% of the players.

Big Larry

Description:

Big Larry is a huge slime that spawns and will case after players and break blocks as it moves around the map.

Pumpkins

Description:

Players have pumpkins on their heads with blindness. (+ Speed to make up for no sprinting)

Heavy Boi

Description:

Players can’t jump, double jump, or fly. Cancels out and disasters which affects

Sink Hole

Description:

A hole starts in the middle of the map and slow grows and grows. It should destroy blocks rather than making them fall, including liquids.

"Burn Baby, Burn"

Description:

Random fires appear around the map. These fires light the player on fire when stepped in forever until they step in the water. (Map Design, all maps should have at least one water source). They get speed while on fire and bumping into other players set them on fire too with the same "forever burning" effect.

"Zombie Invasion!"

Description:

"Run for your life! Zombies from the underground are rising up again and they want to take you with them!" At random locations around the map, there are roughly 30ish zombies that will spawn with a Hate I effect trying to eat your brains.

Assistive Disasters

Fun disasters that don’t harm players but can be interesting when paired with other disasters. It should only be 1 per round.

Bats!

Description:

Players can transform into bats and fly around. They get a max of 15 seconds per round.

Double Jump

Description:

Self-explanatory, players get double jumps with a 10-second cooldown

Wormholes

Description:

Portals appear which teleport players to a random location on the map. It can be any location that isn’t above void or could be spawned.

Rebirth

Description:

During the game, 2 items spawn on the map during gameplay (After 30 seconds or so). Collecting them gives the players who collected them a second life. You cannot collect both else you explode and you're told "That's greedy"

Hardcore Disasters

GWEN Wave

Description:

Floating guardians fly around and increase your XP Bar. Once your XP Bar fills, you blow up.

Douglas

Description:

Think dragons but with just one dragon.

Blackhole

Description:

Black holes appear and disappear. They suck players in within a 5 block radius. You’re warned if you’re within 10 blocks of one. Activate 5 seconds after spawning

Flash Flood

Description:

The map starts flooding with damaging water. Should rain.

Minecarts!!!

Description:

Minecarts move towards players, pick them up, and then drive off the map. In order to get out of one, you need to punch it enough.

The Floor Is Lava

Description:

The game will announce what blocks will be turned into lava

Cold Snap

Description:

Players have to huddle together for warmth every second they aren’t close to another player they take 1 heart of damage

"Carl's Bomb Squad"

Description:

"Bombs away! Be careful of the mighty-explosive Creepers!" With one of Mineplex's most sensational mascots, Carl the Creeper, he makes his return with friends! There are about 15 super-charged creepers located around the map that have a high-explosive range (larger than the regular blast-radius of a creeper).

Community Suggestions

Thank you to @CloudGamer360 and @FabianTuck for all the hard work you put into this idea! also thanks to all the UIC Members! <3

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:03 AM
  2. Hey there!

I really love the idea of this minigame, this minigame would definitely be fun to play in throughout the NANO cycle! A few things that I would suggest:

New kits can be added; "Storm Chasers" where the player with the kit would receive an item if thrown would bring the disaster closer to them, similar the Pyrotechnic kit in Dragons. Another kit idea in mind is the "Waller" where the player receives an item every minute, upon left clicking/throwing the item, the player would spawn a wall, 4x3 (three blocks high and covers the top just like in the image below):
    [​IMG]
    There could also be more kits, that would make the game more enjoyable as each kit has its own unique speciality.

I would also suggest adding some disasters that we experience in our world along with the current disasters that relate to Mineplex, disasters like Tornados and storms that would burn and destroy houses that can be used for shelter from the "GWEN Wave" for instance.

Overall, this is a great idea and I think would be loved by the community!

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  3. Heyo!

I really like this idea. It is very unique, and overall would add a nice twist to the game. Let me get started on this feedback, shall I?

Easy mode
    At the start, you mentioned that it will spawn 16 players. By this, do you mean only 16 players, or can there be more? If it only allows 16, that would be really unfair to those who wouldn't be allowed to play (since NANO is 24+). For the time, I think 4 minutes is a little excessive for a NANO game. While there are some exceptions (like quick and NANO micro battle), maybe decreasing it down to three minutes? This would make it a minute per difficulty, but I'm not so sure how well it would work out in your game. Anything above 4 minutes however, I would disagree with as well. Not only that, but if it only picks one disaster, then it would be really excessive.

Hard mode
    The same issue applies up above with the player capacity, but I won't go too in-depth about that again. With the disasters you have listed for this game and taking into consideration that there will be 7 by the last 30 seconds of the game, I am going to disagree with this. It should at least be every minute, that way you don't have to survive as much. I am not so sure how hard it would be with 7, but I would assume very difficult. Once again, maybe lowering to 3 minutes?

Team mode
    This is very interesting, though I am still against the player capacity. It could be Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow like Micro Battles, then the scoreboard being how it is in Micro Battles as well, and maybe a list of the disasters? If not, then how many disasters there are on the experience bar (the number), or on the side would work as well. I assume this is also four minutes, which I would bring down. Also, another side note: would builders/map makers have to make two separate maps? You mentioned there are different islands, so would this have to be a different map, or could it be on the same map, just off to the side? I think it should be on the same map, but on the side (if this were needed). If this were to be its own game however, just forget about the timing and player capacity.

For your kits, I am confused as to what you mean by this. There is no lobby in NANO, so I don't see how this would work. I don't think kits should be in this mode anyways, as it wouldn't work well with how NANO is right now. Also, this game mode would work fine without kits in my opinion (though if it weren't to be in NANO, kits might be beneficial).

Easy Disasters
    Swap seems cool, though I am not so sure about the RNG there. I think it would be nice to not be teleported around all of the time, so a chance to not get teleported would be cool (however a lot of people may not like this though).
    Brainzzzz
    I am not so sure about this one. Would this player have to be infected throughout all of the disasters? I don't see it working well for gameplay, maybe just spawning in normal zombies?
    Karate Pig: The return
    Seems cool, but it would probably have to deal a lot of damage.
    U.F.O.
    This one also is very cool, and would work good for this as well. It could turn night time, then if you weren't in doors fast enough, particles would come down from a U.F.O. and you would be eliminated.
    Hot Potato
    I don't agree with this one, since there already is a hot potato game mode, 50% is quite a lot, and this would not work for teams too well unless you got swapped to another team's island.
    Big Larry
    It breaking blocks will probably be an issue, though I like the idea. Since slimes move pretty quickly, I think having it break blocks would be really overpowered as well.
    Pumpkins
    This doesn't really seem much like a natural disaster, and more of just a bad effect. Speed still really won't help it too much, and I don't see the point of putting blindness on somebody who already has a pumpkin. This lasting the whole game as well would be really overpowered.
    Heavy Boi
    Seems more of an effect again, but this is a cool concept. Instead of this, maybe there could be an anvil drop?
    Sink Hole
    How far would this go out? Would it take blocks above it (like a building), or would it only take the floor? Would it lead to the void, or just a little hole? Seems cool, but you probably need to provide more detail for this one.
    Burn Baby, Burn
    I don't really like this one. This really wouldn't work for teams, and if it were to go on forever, this would be really overpowered. Even in games without teams, this would be used for a lot of trolling rather than an actual disaster. Maybe making it so it just does half your health or 25% would be good.
    Zombie Invasion!
    I don't see the point in this one as well. If the brainzzzz one were to be added as well, this would turn into Zombie Tag on NANO, or that one quick game. Not to mention it would also be really overpowered, so I disagree with you on this one.

Assistive Disasters

These seem pretty cool from the looks of it, and wouldn't be too harmful. I would suggest adding "pumpkins" and "heavy boi" to this category as well, but that is just me.

For the first two, I think 15 seconds is too long. You can probably get to really unfair spots depending on the map, fly to other islands, fly out of the map, etc. For double jump, I don't have much of an issue with this one. Maybe making it not so far, just to avoid map exploiting (or adding barriers on top of everything would work as well.
    Wormholes
    This one seems pretty cool, though if this were to be going on with the first easy disaster, I don't think it would work out so well. Maybe it can be set so if that disaster happens, this one won't be possible. Normally though, it's a cool idea and definitely possible (proven by the portal gun cosmetic).
    Rebirth
    This one seems pretty cool, and I think the balancing of not being able to pick up two would be nice. Players could try to die however and then pick up the next one, so making it where you can only pick up one per game would be cool. Not sure how this would work with teams though, as every team would probably have around two extra respawns.

Hard Disasters
    GWEN Wave
    I am not so sure about this one. Would it be like guardians in vanilla where they have to build up their laser before they shoot? I think this would be pretty balanced, and if you went behind a wall or something, they wouldn't be able to attack. Maybe not explode fully, but 50-75% of health gone with a mining fatigue effect? Not sure what this would be useful for, but that's just me.
    Douglas
    Seems really overpowered, this would have to do very little damage. On teams, it would probably only target one team (unless there were four).
    Black holes
    I assume that the black hole does damage, so it should probably do a lot since you are given a warning ahead of time. This one seems really cool as well.
    Flash Flood
    I am not sure how this would work, as I think all the water would have to be damaging (meaning the source from before would have to be). If this isn't the case, then this seems pretty cool. Setting a limit to the water will go on maps however would be a big thing, but that would depend on the map.
    Minecarts!!!
    This one seems unique and fun, but where would it take you to? I don't think there would be any holes that lead out to the void, so maybe it just creates one after a while if you don't get out.
    The Floor Is Lava
    I don't think this should flow, as it could create obsidian at water and stuff like that. Cool idea though, maybe it should only be ground level.
    Cold Snap
    This one also seems cool, though it doesn't make too much sense. For teams, this would be really easy, but normally it would most likely be hard trying to get to everybody. Maybe lowering it down to half a heart, and making it less than 30 seconds would be nice. Also, having it snow would be cool as well.
    Carl's Bomb Squad
    Seems cool, however also very overpowered. Maybe 5-10, but definitely not 15. Also when they spawn, they can be struck by lightning for a cool effect.

Overall, I think this game would definitely be a great addition. While it may not be top priority, this would be very cool to see in the future with minor changes. I am not so sure about it being its own separate game, but in NANO however with a few changes, I can see this happening. +1 for this idea, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 4:30 AM
    Dan1el and THELichCA like this.

4. @TooMuchXMas4 came with some changes that I think would help improving the game. With a few changes, I think that this could be a fun game to play! I hope that it will be more players than 16 players to start with tho, because Nano Games allow 24+ players in the games.

But overall, a cool idea, and if this will be worked with, update, improving, etc this will be a nice game! +1 from me :)

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 4:45 AM
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  5. I think this would be really cool, having rotations of disasters. I dont see anything wrong with this +1. I would also like to make a disaster idea called "Storms Coming" which will cause lightning 3 hearts damage with anyone 1 block around the lightning. I would probably like if that was added but it is just your opinion.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  6. I give it a +1, the only thing that I have a problem with is it gives me flashbacks to my traumatizing experiences when Roblox was first out

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:27 PM