• 2059 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4638 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Name-Tag Censoring.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SaucyStyle, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanks for the reply! I definitely see what you mean, as cussing with name tags is not very common. the staff team has a lot to do, and this is not a top priority, but I would love to see it implemented when they have time!
    --- Post updated ---
    if you mean a separate system for just inappropriate name-tags, I think that would be too much work for both the devs and staff. Plus, there is already a /a command in servers and reports on the forums.

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2018
  2. I agree with you. Profanity and ***ual language is censored in signs and chat so why not in pet's names? When you're muted, it doesn't let you name any pets just like you can't write on signs or talk in chat. It just doesn't make any sense. With that addition, I believe adding a feature where it tells you who owns this pet by right clicking it ("This mount belongs to ________") would help too. The chat rules should also apply to pet's names. When you right click it (report evidence must be in video form), you'll know who to report.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    SaucyStyle likes this.
  3. Exactly, I was simply stating that this will be an issue either way. Whether it is added or not, which, from the looks of it will be. I never meant that we shouldnt have a filter at all because people will bypass it. I was just stating a complication.

Overall, glad to see your idea was accepted. Hopefully we can see this in-game in the near future.

Posted Dec 10, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2018
    SaucyStyle and Joiined like this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    that would be horribly inefficient and annoying and pointless

Posted Dec 10, 2018
    ole likes this.
  4. You can't change your pet name while you're muted.

Posted Dec 10, 2018
  5. Actually, I believe players are able to, because the guy in the image was muted (his friend told the chat). That's why I mentioned that muted players are able to communicate with unmuted players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2018
  6. Hey there!

I agree of having to add the Name-tag filter to keep it appropriate for everyone in the server. As a staff member, I believe that it will help our moderations easier to deal with. If they are going to add the filter for a name tag, then it should have an error message saying that "You cannot use that name, as it is against the rules." That way, players cannot name something inappropriate which prevents them from breaking the rules. Overall, I think this needs to implement this time!

Posted Dec 10, 2018
    SaucyStyle likes this.
  7. TRUE, however we shouldn't make it too sensitive. Roblox taught us that.

Posted Dec 11, 2018
    SaucyStyle likes this.
  8. When I was muted, I was not able to change my pet name. It read "You cannot change your pet's name while muted." or something along the lines of that.

Posted Dec 12, 2018
  9. I mean, it's not like you can't name the pet beforehand (I've always had at least one pet named "muted" so that I can at least communicate to friends that I can't say much).

Going on to actually address the topic, sure I suppose, filter the word that starts with an "f" and rhymes with truck, but honestly filters just get in the way of legitimate stuff 90% of the time.

Posted Dec 12, 2018
  10. +1

I mean, why not? It really helps with moderation as already said but also makes it so that children aren’t exposed to things that shouldn’t be on a minecraft server, especially one that’s literally partnered with minecraft itself. I don’t see any negative to it, so hopefully this can be added in the future!

Posted Dec 14, 2018
    SaucyStyle likes this.
  11. As of today's update, you can no longer name pets with inappropriate names, therefore I will be marking this thread as "Implemented" and locking it. Thanks for writing this thread. If you have any further ideas feel free to write another thread.

Thread locked > Implemented

Posted Jan 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.