• 3191 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13308 Players Online
  • 10117 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Naete Map(s) Showcase - Nano Gladiators, Copycat, Super Spleef and More!

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by naete, Feb 17, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello! This past month I have been working on a couple maps that I plan on submitting to Mineplex. I thought I'd share a few of them here beforehand for people to discuss and so I can get some feedback to make changes before doing so.

If I keep building, I might just make one of these threads each month with new builds.

This time round' I have 4 maps to showcase! Each of them for different gamemodes, I also have two maps for Skywars in the works but those aren't yet ready to show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be carefully monitoring feedback given by you guys, so I can adjust the builds over the next week! Hope you enjoy the builds :)

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    WowCaleb, joshuart, Im_Ken and 5 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

These maps look incredible Naete! I reallyyyy like the Gladiators map you made as the skull looks amazing and the spawn is super creative! You also put a bunch of details in that map which I admire a lot. I also like the theme of your Super Spleef map and it looks super cool as well! All these maps look fantastic, keep up the excellent work!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  3. Yo!
    I love the overall feel of all these maps, however, I feel like the Micro Battles map is a little "generic" and doesn't really pop - considering MB has a ton of maps it's important to have something that stands out compared to the rest, don't get me wrong I think it's a cool map but maybe add a background to the map such as mountains that maybe have huts for each team color? Something like that could really make the map stand out and give it character. As for which map I enjoy the most, it would have to be Haunted Hallows! It's unique and from the looks built really nicely. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to hopefully see more of these threads.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    BasicT and joshuart like this.
  4. Paintball needs maps, no map update since july 2019 :( if you could make one that would be splendid! Your work is incredible!

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  5. I like the Haunted Hallow map, but the others are kind of bland and not very exciting, in specially the muddy mountains.

Over all I think they are all to a great start and the haunted hallows is pretty much done.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  6. The maps all look great! However, the Micro Battles map seems a bit too bland. Other than that, awesome work, and thanks for sharing!

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  7. I love these maps omg! I personally love super spleef and I'd see myself enjoy playing that super spleef map you created! All of these maps have extraordinary detail and dedication! I don't really like building but sometimes Ican take it as a side hobby. Just 1 question, did you build all of these maps by yourself?

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  8. Yo there!

I love how you went and decide to show off some of your maps to the public before you've even submitted them! It really shows you want to make these maps best as possible by collecting feedback beforehand and I appreciate that a lot.

Now for the feedback, the Nano Gladiator map seems pretty interesting! I like the skull theme you're going for as it creates unique gameplay that you can't experience on any other currently live map. I can't say much for gameplay-wise feedback at the moment, but I hope to get a chance to play on the map soon!

Muddy Mountains also seems interesting, though I feel like increasing the high of "mountains" would be better as they are pretty short right now and the ma is more like Muddy "hills" at the moment (haha..). I also feel like it would be better to add more "mud" patches around the map. From the screenshot that you've provided, I can see there is nothing but plain grass behind the main structure. Don't get me wrong, the map is still pretty unique in my eyes, but there's simply a lot of work that can be done to improve it. Maybe moving the mountains a little bit to the middle (as it seems they're right at the edge near to the water) and adding more decoration to the ground would make things live up more? Try doing something about it, as I'm interested to see what you can come up with!

I also find snakes and ladders map very interesting, as it's not only cute, but it's also nostalgic for me and I just adore the theme! Fantastic job with that one!

And finally, Toxic wasteland sounds fun, but just like with Muddy Mountains I feel like you could have done a lot more with the theme. I don't know, maybe add toxic waste to the ground? I can't really comment on gameplay as maps have little to no effect on gameplay in copycat, but I'm sure there's something you could still add in to make the theme more alive and exciting for players who will play on the map.

In conclusion, I enjoyed seeing all of these maps and I can't wait to see what you will come up with in the future! Great job with all of them and I hope your next maps in the future will be just good as these ones are!

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  9. Beautiful

Posted Feb 22, 2020