• 1480 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9918 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mycoflora - Cake Wars Map

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Geographies, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Mycoflora
    Built by Dawnify, Geographies, Kzyla

For the past three days, I have been creating a new Cake Wars map with my friends @Kzyla and @Dawnify. I originally started this map to practice terraforming by hand, as this is the first time I have ever terraformed an entire map by hand. I really liked how the islands came out, so I decided to invite my friends to come and help me finish the map. We really liked how the map came out and we want to share it with the community to get any feedback/suggestions. We do plan on submitting this map, and we want it to be as perfect as possible!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    Tours, PeytonSam, powh and 4 others like this.
  2. Looks great, this looks something I'd expect to see from an actual builder. It is wonderfully designed and aesthetically pleasing. The only suggestion I have though is to expand the island sizes by a small amount. In the screenshots, it did look a bit cramped.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Geographies and cerns like this.
  3. It looks really good, nice job!

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  4. Very cute map!

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  5. This is an awesome map! I really like the theme of almost being enchanted with mushrooms and I love how the pastel colours go together with everything else, I think the texture of what your blocks are made of looks really appealing too! You should certainly be proud of this map, and I think it is a really nice unique colour scheme. Hyped to play it :D​

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  6. It's really cool to see that you had this much progress in a matter of three days. Takes quite the skill to terraform by hand, especially on this scale. I really appreciate that you designed the map so that users can view the cake from the spawn point - as that's neglected in some of the maps. Definitely hope I have the opportunity to play this.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  7. I've been really wanting some new maps! This feels like it would be a great addition to both Java and Bedrock!

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  8. Looks very nice, really hope it gets approved when and if submitted, it'd be a great addition and I'm sure a lot of people would love it.

Posted Jun 28, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  9. It's a good start, but I'd like to see more dimension in the terraforming. Everything just looks very flat and straight, which isn't realistic to any sort of terrain outside of man made terrain. Judging by the theme, I'm guessing this isn't something you want. Adding different layers to the sides (from this to this) and extending the bottom of the islands to allow for each layer of stone to dip more (from this to this) would help to combat this. Outside of that, I'm also not a fan of the holes on the team island. I feel like they would get in the way of gameplay far too much as players would have to be careful when going from the shops to the gen which happens many many times in a standard game of Cakewars. I feel like that should be kept simple and efficient. Also, a lot of the map looks very empty. Even adding something as simple as small rocks would help to add interest to the environment.

Those are just my thoughts though, good luck with the submission!

Posted Jun 28, 2019
    Geographies likes this.
  10. Thanks for the suggestions. I kept it more flat based on some of the maps that have been recently added that were built by some of the builders. I personally liked the style of that so I went along with it. This was my first time terraforming islands by hand and I can see where it things could be improved upon so I’m glad you pointed those out too! I’m working on some other maps currently and have been practicing my terraforming! Additionally, I added the holes in the spawn islands to spice up the PVP. I know that a lot of maps currently live have these holes and it added to the effect of having a floating platform. I also disagree with the map being empty. I wanted an emphasis on the mushrooms which is why I didn’t add to many other structures. I want PVP to be as good as possible which typically happens on maps with open space. However I am open to changing things if requested during testing! I also had some experienced Cake Wars players help me before I submitted and they highly approved of the gameplay on the map and liked how open it was and that it was easy to build from island to island because of the flattened terrain and the platforms.

Thank you! We worked pretty hard on this map so I’m glad you like it! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 29, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 29, 2019
  11. Looks amazing! Good work.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  12. These shots, and this map is amazing! Keep up the good work, I hope it becomes an official Cakewars map!

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  13. 100% Agree!
    Very nice map

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  14. Hello! This map looks amazing and would love to try it out. I hope it gets in the game!

Posted Jun 30, 2019
  15. Helloooo! I absolutely love Cake Wars! This map is amazing I can see that you have spent a lot of time and effort into making this map. Your choice of blocks and the overall design is phenomenal. I would love to see this map in Cake Wars!

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  16. I actually really love how this map turned out. I can tell that it's gonna make me mad though because I might fall a lot going to the shop :').

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  17. Looks really good! I love the theme you have used on the map, and in only 3 days? That's crazy!

My only issue if the large holes right near the item generator since the villagers are far from the gen so I'm sure a lot of people ( me included :squint:) would fall a lot into these :(

Other than that, I really love this map and hope to see it added to the game soon :D

~Zom

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  18. Hey there!
    Incredible map. I honestly love the screenshots you've provided as well they really help bring out the map and I think this map would be a great addition to the game. The subtle details and general map looks spectacular and I love the theme that surrounds this map. I think that you could maybe work on the beacon lands since they seem a little small and I think if they were a little bigger, it would help players not getting knocked off especially if players get their hands on knockback swords. Otherwise, this map looks super cool and I seriously loved what you've done with it. Keep up the great work, I hope to see it in game soon!

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  19. Hey there!

From this perspective in the image, I can say that this map is really cool. I'd definitely love to see some new maps come to Cake Wars. I think this map is really creative as well.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  20. geographies, this is a pretty cool map and i like the mushroom theme :eyes: I also like how you can polly the cake from 2 spots, heh.

now here’s some issues I see. The end of the bridge on the emerald islands for duos has 2 gaps between the railing to the floor, I feel like those shouldn’t be there. To fix this, just extend the floor out or don’t make the rqiling go out as far as it does. In both maps, the shops are too far away from the generator, especially when you have to cross a tiny bridge over the void to quickly reach the shops. There’s also no cover to stop someone from shooting you into the void while you’re on the generator or looking in a chest. The generator is also too close to the cake in my opinion. I feel like your best bet to fix all these problems is to fill in the holes on the spawn island and move the generator closer to the shops. (If you do this, you should probably move the chests further back also!)

oh yeah, almost forgot… type //replace 43 43:8

good luck my friend (:

Posted Jul 25, 2019