• 637 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7480 Players Online
  • 6843 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My view on the skywars hacker issue.

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by The_Apex_Demon, Dec 6, 2020.

?

How often do you run into hackers?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2020.
  1. Once a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Once a day

16.7%
  3. Two times a day

16.7%
  4. Three times a day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than 3 times a day

66.7%
  1. The number of hackers in my skywars games is absolutely insane. Skywars is my most played game on bedrock, and from what I've seen, there is a 15% chance of getting a hacker in your game. It's very easy to tell when they are using kill aura or flying. Most of the time, these hackers are dumb and don't know how to use their hacks right to beat me. With enough skill, you can beat most hackers. But, sometimes you run into hackers who are good at the game and know how to play. They use their hacks PERFECTLY so the tiny anti-cheat mineplex does have doesn't kick them. With any skill level, there's absolutely no way you could beat them. I found a hacker one day who was great at what he did, so I wanted to see if I could beat him. I qued up into game after game fighting against him and I could not manage to defeat him.

Another issue is how inconvenient the report system is. The reporting system shouldn't be the main way all hackers get banned. Players shouldn't have to dedicate their time to record video, take screenshots, and collect a ton of evidence to prove someone was hacking. At the very least some moderators should be put in games to take the place of the ineffective anti-cheat. I myself may even be willing to become a moderator for the bedrock edition of mineplex because they clearly don't have enough. I'm not sure I have even seen a moderator on mineplex before.

The main point is to fix the hacker problem with better anti-cheat and more moderators. The reporting system should not be the main safety for hackers, because it allows hackers to always get through multiple games without being kicked, at the very least.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  2. The reason reporting for Bedrock is so emphasized is for the following reasons:
    • There is a very, VERY small amount of developers for Bedrock to develop the anticheat alongside everything else, there is two I believe, if not only one
    • There is a very small amount of staff members on Bedrock
    People usually apply for Trainee for Java Mineplex despite there being much less players, because there’s a more developed community there. Bedrock is pretty new and the community isn’t so tied together and players from there don’t go on the forums and also don’t apply for staff.

It’s unfortunate, but hopefully community management works to incorporate Bedrock more in their events and whatnot. When you meet the requirements, you should apply for Bedrock Trainee!

Posted Dec 6, 2020

3. How do I apply for Bedrock Trainee? I might look into applying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. You can apply at https://www.mineplex.com/threads/becoming-a-trainee-java-bedrock.38/

Be sure to check out the Becoming a Trainee guides before applying so you understand requirements and how to better your chances of being accepted. Good luck :)

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  5. Sorry what

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    Anna. likes this.
  6. I just wanted to tell you that the Community Management Team aren't the ones who host events. The Event Squad host events. I also wanted to pop in to say...

Bedrock Events soonTM.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  7. Oh I know. I meant community management in general and then events separately.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  8. Unfortunately, like every server, hackers continue to be a growing problem. Bedrock Skywars does get a bulk of hackers. The only thing you can do at the moment to help is record them and report them here. Bedrock staff members are unfortunately in a lesser quantity than Java staff, simply because not as many players apply for Bedrock. Bedrock generally has a younger playerbase and this can result in less staff being qualified for the position.

I will say that /report is coming for Bedrock soon (as stated by the current developer) so hopefully reporting hackers will become more efficient in the future. For now, though, you can report them or grab a Bedrock staff member to join your game.

Since you're looking to apply for Bedrock staff, you can submit your application here - I would highly recommend reading over this thread before you do so, however.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    EnderGamer likes this.
  9. Hello there and I'm very sad to hear about this. It's true that the Skywars mini-game of Mineplex has a lot of hackers and usually I run into them a lot of times. If you see any player who's cheating, you don't really have any other chances other than recording an evidence and reporting it here. The bedrock staff team is working hard to moderate the server and punish as many rule breakers as possible. As for another thing, we really are looking for more staff members in the Bedrock server. If you are interested, you are free to apply here. If you want to know more about the requirements, then feel free reading this thread. Anyways I'm really sorry about this situation as it already happened a lot of times and I know it upsets our players very much but there's not really any other way than recording an evidence and reporting the hacker yourself. I hope this message helps and have a great day!

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    ReJo likes this.

10. After looking at the requirements, I am not sure I can apply. I have the necessary skills and requirements it seems for the job, except for the microphone. I don't own a microphone, as well as the fact that I don't really feel comfortable talking into one. If a microphone is not required, I would most likely submit an application for the bedrock edition trainee.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020
  11. Any microphone is fine as long as they get to hear your voice just right, you can either just use your headphones or your cellphone if you were to get invited to the interview. And if you feel like you're not comfortable, I'm pretty sure the Recruiters will try their best to help you calm down and everything to keep you stable and good.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  12. Hi guys, I usually play on bedrock on Mineplex, but when I play on Java, I must say this: THERE ARE A TON LESS HACKERS ON THERE. The people on mineplex bedrock usually suck (no offense) and almost every other game I join there is a hacker. They are sooooo annoying, and could you actually get your anticheat to work on bedrock? Minplex is good at banning afk hackers, Ill give them credit, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARENT AFK????? can you please stop these hackers theyre so annoying with their killaura and antikb

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  13. A microphone is required for the interview and for having voice conversations with your mentor if you are accepted. Most computers nowadays come with an internal microphone (mine does, I don't have any external fancy mic). I totally understand where you're coming from with the whole not being comfortable portion, but you're going to need to use it if you want to progress further in the application process.

For more details I would highly recommend checking out this thread.

Posted Dec 7, 2020