• 1752 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6036 Players Online
  • 4284 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My very first 3D Minecraft GFX picture!!!

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by BBoy2003, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Hi, I decided to step up my game a bit and make some cool minecraft profile pictures! Im proud of this one as it is my very first one. I hope you like it :D

https://gyazo.com/9a0a519de793a5b5987fab919ded1801

I realize the platform in which my leg is on is sorta weird and untextured but i couldn't get it to work so i made due. If anyone wants one leave me a comment with what pose you want, if you want a tool then what tool, armor and anything else you think would be necessary i know

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  2. That looks really cool, BBoy2003! I like the shine on the diamond sword and the background. I'm not an expert of GFX, so i can't really give you advice on how to improve, It looks great to me!

Good job!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  3. I think the shine stands out the most. You're eye is instantly drawn to it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2019
  4. Hey! It looks pretty good, some advice to make it look better would be to extrude part of the skin. What program did you use to create it?

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  5. Heyoo!
    Honestly, this is amazing! I love the sword, with the light glittering off of it, it's so nice! I also really like the overall colour palette you've gone with. The dark red along with the colours on your skin look so good together! I can't believe that this is your first time making a profile picture, it's soooo good! I hope you continue with these, you're really good at it!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  6. Hey there!

That is an amazing 3D GFX artwork that you have! I want to ask you what type of GFX software did you use? The first texture of your background is a great start that you have, so I suggest that you add more detail to the background area. I also like one of the poses that you have as well!

Overall, that is a fantastic GFX that you have! Keep up the great work!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  7. I used the software Cinema4D and thanks for the awesome feedback ::D I'll keep that in mind for next time :D Im thinking about making a pic of like all the staff in it

OP OP
  8. Ah, I use that also. I think that a render with all the staff would be sick!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  9. I'm just bad at not pencil and paper art. rip :/ Good job!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  10. I’m not here to request, but I’ll give some feedback! The face could use an expression and the sword is facing in a weird direction. Nice job! :’)

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  11. Hey Brenden!

Overall, I think that you did a really good job with your first GFX art. I'm no artist, let alone a GFX artist, so I apologize if my opinion doesn't mean much but I really think that this piece looks good. For tips to improve, I'd say that maybe giving the face an expression as stated above would make it look all the better. Practice makes perfect, and since this is your first piece there are bound to be areas where you can improve.

Overall, really nice job with this and I would love to see more from you! :)

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  12. Super cool! I can’t draw to save my life, so things like this amazes me haha!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  13. Too be honest... I tried a face expression... Didnt work as i had hoped...

OP OP
  14. heyo, so for the first attempt at GFX this is great. i remember the first time i tried it alone and it turned out horrendously. i myself do some gfx time to time (https://imgur.com/a/lISCUyv) and enjoy it, anyways i'm just here to pop by some recommendations on how to improve :)

- as mentioned above rendering the entire skin really helps give the oomph, so maybe do some of that. (also with the facial expressions they're difficult for me to get right as well so ee)

- a huge thing that when i found out i loved, is a light room. pretty much it allows you to get some hella good natural lighting on your renders and even sometimes increase the quality of your render

- with the sword, this is optional but something i love doing, extrude the sword and make it even have some more depth. another thing with items is i know there are some cool effects out there that can match up to certain items, a lot for swords which you can colour to fit what you need.

again though for a first try that's impressive, anYways have a good day lateR

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  15. nice! that looks very cool! But I think it's better using imgur then gyazo. Also some shading improvement should make it perfect. Anyways, very cool!

Posted Mar 23, 2019
  16. Hello! I’m not going to lie but I didn’t know what to expect, I’m very impressed with the art itself and I love the little flash on the sword! The colours you used collar very well together. How long did it take to make?

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  17. Not very long. It took me like an hour

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2019
  18. I have to admit that the shine looks really cool on your diamond sword. I guess you could say that your profile pic is epic.

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  19. Clean and smooth. Really good picture and the shine at the end of the sword was a good choice of detail.
    Nice job!

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  20. Hi there! Wow I must say good job! I've tried doing this before and to be honest it did not go so well. I really like the detail on the hair, makes it stand out more! The background for me is absolutely perfect in this image and doesn't take the focus away from the character.

All in all, great job and I hope to see more of this from you! :)

Posted Apr 22, 2019