• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10509 Players Online
  • 7619 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My thoughts on the update

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Ender07, Jun 3, 2020.

?

Do you Like the New Update For Mineplex Bedrock

Poll closed Friday at 3:26 AM.
  1. Yes I Love Everything!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes I like A few things but It needs work

73.7%
  3. No, Don’t really like any of it

5.3%
  4. Nope don’t like it at all

15.8%
  5. I want to go back to the old one

5.3%
  1. So, this update its OK. But even within 10 minutes of playing I have found many issues that I want to point out and many suggestions.

GENERAL
    1. The new Hub is Horrible. I always thought that Mineplex had a medieval theme and that the hubs and systems worked in that way. I really liked the classic Minecraft Theme. The new city lobby is just **** (not very good). It completely heads out of the theme that Mineplex has had for years. I remember when I was much younger watching Minecraft YouTube videos about people playing on This medieval classic looking server. That’s what got me into Mineplex in the first place.

2. In multiple games and even in the hub the menu systems have changed. I first saw this in the Cakewars game where the order of the items inside the villagers had changed. This is really annoying... In the hub however there is no longer a game teleporter. Meaning that you can’t select a game from anywhere in the hub. Bring That Back!

3. Why did you remove 3 games? Mineplex has removed:
    Survival Games
    Arcade
    Sky fall
    If possible from any “Higher Up People” Could I get an explanation if possible... that would be nice

Issues
    1. In sky block when you die, the screen flashes and glitches for a second before you respawn.
    This is really annoying. I know it’s still in a beta mode but that needs to be fixed as your highest priority. It could trigger Photosensitivity in some people.

2. At the parkour in the back of the city, if you get up high enough you fall down into the ocean. That I could find, the only way to get back up is through the /Hub <Number> Command.

3. You still haven’t fixed the invisible players issue??? That’s incredibly annoying

Feedback / Suggestions

1. I personally don’t like the New hub.
    You should’ve put more effort into a new hub that fits the theme more. I would suggest something like the old one just updated.

2. Remove the sudden “Kiddy Theme” That you’ve added. With this whole city hub you’ve made it very...Child Like... Just remember that there are people that aren’t 9 Years old playing Mineplex.

3. Add back in the ability to access the games and cosmetics inside of your inventory.

4. Loving Carl the creepers new looks...
    Especially when you get the ability to see your stats and leaderboards

5. WHY did you guys remove survival games.
    In my opinion and a bunch of my friends opinions your version of survival games was the best version out of all the servers for 3 reasons. It was classic like the old days, Death Match, No fancy kits that give you absurd advantages.

A few of these things I absolutely hate. A few I love. I haven’t mentioned them all, otherwise this post would be way too long but it’s certainly not my favourite update.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  2. I would like to add on to this. The new hub looks great in my opinion, but it was such a drastic change that knowing where things are would need searching to get used to. The daily rewards are something I had trouble with, and had no success in asking people where it was. I am completely fine with no daily reward, but the monthly bonus included with the rank I bought is missing, or at least I am not sure where it is. If it is still there, it would be great if you could make a map or something that signals the location of all the important stuff. I know it was time for a change, and that the staff team is busy due to more players from lockdown but just these little changes would be great.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  3. I believe the hub is pretty nice. I think it was time or a change and while I may not be used to it yet, I think it's nice.
    I like the new game menus, But I do agree that the game teleporter should be back

The games were removed so the developers can focus on the games we do have up and running.

You can just do /spawn to return to the spawn.

It has been fixed but there are a few special cases that are uncommon.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  4. General
    1. I'm sorry that you don't like the new and improved hub. This update was something that needed to happen.
    2. Use /spawn to get back up to the NPC's
    3. " I made the decision to remove Skyfall, Factions, Death Tag, Mixed Arcade & Survival Games because I didn't feel that they were up to a good quality of standard -- that does not mean that these games will not potentially return in the future, if there is a demand for it, we will certainly consider re-working certain games & bringing them back. The removal of these games will help us to focus on the primary game - Brian" Brian is the Bedrock Lead.
    Issues
    1. I'm not sure if this bug is known so I'll report it over to QA.
    2. Do /spawn
    3. Invisible Players have been fixed. If you run into someone with an Invisible skin. Report them over at www.mineplex.com/report
    Feedback/Suggestions
    1. Themes can change and I love that we changed it up completely this time.
    2. Bedrock is made for kids. We are trying to appeal to them.
    3. Carl is fancy now.
    4. Look at General #3

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    isaackennington, Steven190 and xWand like this.
  5. Why was carls daily rewards gone?

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  6. It's returning soon, don't worry.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Steven190 likes this.
  7. Yo!

Well, this is more of an opinion based thought, so naturally not everyone is going to like the new hub. However, there is no need to say “the new hub is horrible”, even if it may not appeal to you, a lot of work was put into it, thus you should appreciate it regardless of if you like it or not. Now, it is different from the rest of the hubs, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Mineplex doesn’t have to evolve around one specific theme, they are allowed to change it. I understand that change is a hard thing to accept, but sometimes you have to learn to accept it. I personally think that this change was for the better, as it is a very unique and creative lobby compared to previous ones.

While it might not be ideal to change the order of the shop, it is a good change that Cake Wars needed as it hasn’t received an update in quite a bit. Additionally, it shouldn’t take anyone that long to get used to the new setup. In all honestly, it’s not really a big deal as it doesn’t have an effect on gameplay. I actually like the new setup a lot better as I feel like it is more convenient and organized than before. As for the removal of the compass, I can agree it’s frustrating not being able to select games without clicking on an NPC, but the cleaner hotbar does look a lot more appealing to the eye. Additionally, you can just do /spam to return to the main area with the NPCs so that you can select a game. If you dislike this idea, you can always feel free to create a thread regarding your request.

These games were removed because they didn’t obtain an abundance of players. Of course this doesn’t mean that they won’t return, but they won’t be making an appearance until further notice, likely a demand for them to be brought back.

Feel free to report this at www.mineplex.com/bugs.

If you do /spawn it will return you back to the main area of the lobby that you are currently on.

The invisible issue hasn’t returned, that I’m aware of, if you believe it has, report it at www.mineplex.com/bugs. If it has not returned, then using an invisible skin is in fact punishable so make sure to report anyone who uses a skin like this at www.mineplex.com/reports.

I’m sorry to hear that, I believe that the hub was designed very welly and is very unique from the rest. I understand that it doesn’t fit in with the medieval theme, but nothing is preventing Mineplex from changing their theme. Like I said before, sometimes things change, and we all need to learn to accept that fact.

I don’t find the new hub to be ‘kiddy’ at all, but even so, keep in mind that Bedrock is meant for a younger audience than Java so a child like theme is acceptable.

I understand that it might not be convenient to have to type /spawn each time and select an NPC from there, but it was intended so that the hotbar is cleaner than before. If you do not like this change, you can always feel free to suggest adding it back. As for cosmetics, they are still accessible in your inventory. If you click on the chest there will be an option listed for cosmetics, they are additionally available by running the command /cosmetics and then you can do /activate (cosmetic name), /deactivate (cosmetic name).

In my opinion, Carl the Creeper was in need of a change, as it has been the same for quite some time now. Leaderboards and stats are being worked on, so you should be able to view them soon.

Survival Games was simply not one of the popular demands when it came to popularity for game modes. This doesn’t mean it won’t be returning though, it may come back by demand, as may other game modes.

In the end, I’m sorry to hear that you dislike the new update, but unfortunately we can’t please everyone, I’m glad that you are happy with some of the changes and I hope you can learn to enjoy the new update, as a lot of work was put into it.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    xWand and WowTamman like this.
  8. I didn't know about /spawn, maybe start broadcasting that so people know about it? Also, I was a big fan of skyfall :( it was so original and fun

Posted Jun 12, 2020