• 1802 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10240 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My Skins

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Crumplex, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hello!
    As you may know, I am a skin artist for Mineplex. I make skins that are sold on the Marketplace under Mineplex's name as well as skins used in other things like maps and some other places around the server.
    I thought I would show off the skin packs I have made as well as some other various skins You can click on the link and click 'get this item' to open the marketplace and see the skins. Ill also put my favorite from each skin pack if you arent able to open up the marketplace from your device.

My first skin pack (and also Mineplex's first ever skin pack) was Mineplex Heros. They are based off the skins for MOBA, which I also made. I also made all of those cosmetic skins, there were over 50 of them originally! I did not design Hattori or Bardolf, though.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=fae72c65-da71-4b3a-9760-1a0f23ec3d8c
    Favorite from this pack is Dana
    [​IMG]

The next skin pack I made was Mineplex Friends.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=d59c2dc3-3048-4810-87ac-9cfc38e17913
    My favorite from this pack is Superfan Girl because she looks like me
    [​IMG]

Next was Mineplex Players. These skins were also used in the Bedrock lobby as game NPCS. They were used in the Java lobby for a while. Each one is based off one of our games.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=ba47df99-88a7-4927-bfe8-a98b0724f833
    Favorite is the death tag skeleton. The micro battles one is also named after me!
    [​IMG]

After that, I took a break for a while. When I came back I made the Pets life skin pack. Dustin the gecko and Stanley the dog are based off my own pets! There is also Kiwi the Cat, which you may know as @Tortelett 's cat. Tony the toad is one of my friends pets.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=329bb85b-b2c0-4dc9-aabd-7acd68b2794e
    My favorite would probably be kiwi, but of course I love the ones based off my pets too!
    [​IMG]

Then there is Mythic Creatures. This one was a lot of fun to make.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=1f84da3c-4e60-4353-b6f3-7159ef3f4188
    My favorite is the Minotaur.
    [​IMG]

Next we have Fish Life. If you didnt know already, I am a fish lover. So of course I had to make one with fish!
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=f9cc8165-e142-4637-b5e4-86eb94e427a3
    My favorite is the motoro stingray! Did you know there are freshwater stingrays? All of the fish from this pack are Freshwater fish.
    [​IMG]

NEW!
    Just added to the marketplace - the Life of Toys map includes skins that I also created.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=2cb9893c-0caf-4c60-9901-328f3dccb801
    Favorite from this one would be the robot.
    [​IMG]

Also released at the same time was the Cute Pixel Animals pack. This one has a more of a 4 bit style instead of normally being 8.
    https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=5c3f0cc7-a443-4b28-ae54-30ccf83f92b1
    I like the dog from this one a lot.
    [​IMG]

There are more to come too! I will update this thread as they release

Some other skins I have made -
    My new skin:
    [​IMG]

Snowy Villager Steve (modified texture of villager):
    [​IMG]

Which ones are your favorites? What would you like to see more of? Let me know! I have a big list with ideas I would love to add to.

Posted Aug 18, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 6, 2019
    Tours, CupAWup, TheMooseBean and 10 others like this.
  2. Suddenly I'm out of a job. In all seriousness, I love your animal based skin packs they are always so cute. From all of your skins I'd have to say without a doubt the stingray is my favorite.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Thunderbelly, xOeuf and Crumplex like this.
  3. Wow, you should get paid to do this!

.. Wait a second

Nah but really, them's some good skins right there I tell you h'whut

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  4. I’ve been interested in making skins recently, I’m wondering if you have any advice in learning to make skins! Overall, I love your skins and you’re extremely talented, I see why you were hired. :)

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Crumplex, BasicT and xOeuf like this.
  5. Main things I would say... avoid skin designer websites. They are too limiting and usually are not very good. Work with Gimp or any photo editing software and design directly on the texture. Also shading and texturing is important! And don’t feel bad to use references. I look up other skin designs often just to get ideas on how to make something look how I want.

Feel free to DM me too if you ever need anything :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 18, 2019
  6. Wow! Those skins look amazing! And like @TeaSpiller said, I love all of your animal based skins because of how cute they are. And I also do love the Sting Ray one the most. :) I really love what you are doing here, so keep up the amazing work! :D

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  7. I make my skins, but that's just awesome.
    I should really learn from people like you.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  8. I make my skins, but I'm not great at it. My skins don't get very many downloads; the most popular one only has 56 downloads, which I was actually excited about because for me, 56 is a big number. I don't work on skins very often either, but I'm currently trying to make a clock-tower skin that my brother suggested. I'm not really too sure what kinda skins most people are looking for, so I just make some regular ones and some silly ones for fun, if I have time.

Your skins are really good. Those are actually the skins that people would want to download! My favorites are the skeleton and the stingray.

Also I have a question: How much of your time do you devote to making skins and how long does it usually take to complete each skin?

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  9. Im not sure how many downloads skins usually get but 56 sounds like a lot! Nice :)

I try to work on skins every day but sometimes other stuff comes up, as I have another job and am in college. I mainly devote fridays and weekends to making skins. Each skin takes around 1-2 hours, depends what it is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  10. That's fantastic skins you made, and creative! I'll have to agree TeaSpiller's response above. The animal based skins you made looks cute, and I love animals too. Although I'm not good at making Minecraft skins in general because I'm not a creative person. I don't have any questions or concerns about your skins.

Other than that, great work you have!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  11. Hello,

I really like the skins you've made here, the detail is not too much and not too little and the each suit the theme of the skin given to them. My favourite would probably have to be the Snowy Villager Steve as I love the detail and I generally like season related themes for skins, the snowy season being a great choice.

Lovely skins, have an awesome day!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  12. Heyoo!

Hey Crumplex! You are so talented, and the skins you have shown are very detailed and look so good! I really like the Stingray and Dana, I actually have the Dana mount hehehe! I am a huge fan of MOBA and it's so cool that you made Dana, one of my favorite heroes to play! All of these skins look amazing!

Keep up the great work! :D

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  13. Hmm interesting because I usually use the skin designer websites to get a generally shape or reference for the skin and then I edit it inside a photo editing software. Honestly, I can agree that most skin designer softwares are very limited but I would still use them especially if you are looking for references. However @CowHatake it’s important to not use Microsoft Paint as it will remove the transparency in the image which you really don’t want.

Personally my only criticism for you Crumplex is for human skins or animals or entities that are generally skinny I would suggest using an Alex model. I know you used the Alex model for your skin remake but I feel even for teenage boys or probably your favorite, fish, I would probably use the Alex model for that. Also for your skin remake at the side it kinda looks a little unnatural as it literally looks like the hair form a box around the ears. I’m not sure if you do this, but to fix this I would make the head without the creeper hoodie first and then add it on to make the transition from the hair to hood look natural.

Other than that, great work and I can’t wait to see more coming from you

Cheers! ☕️

~BasicT

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  14. Using the websites is fine, but once you’ve made enough skins you’ll learn what’s what on the texture and not need to start on one. I still use a program I wrote to view the skins, of course you have to see what it looks like. I used to just use minecraft win 10 to view them before I wrote my own. But definitely using microsoft paint for any sort of real art is a big no no XD

Personally, I hate the alex model lol. I never make skins with it. My skin is the Steve model. It just looks weird and the proportions are weird and I just avoid using it unless I have to. I’m used to Steve so that’s what I use for everything. No offense if you like it, I just have a hard time coming up with designs I like when using it. And if I’m not proud of something I’m not gonna submit it.

I’m not really sure what you mean about my skin? There’s no ears on it and the hair is only supposed to be on the face. Under the hoodie is more hoodie not hair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  15. Heyoo!

I love every single skin you put on this thread, they're all detailed and really well laid out. I also want to start with skin editing but not quite too sure how to start.

My favourite skin personally would be Kiwi the cat. I love cats and I think the way you designed the skin even made the cat appear cuter! ^v^

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  16. Your very talented and I am excited to see what you do next. I'd recommend applying for an artist positions because I think those skins are that good.

Keep being awesome, Thunderbelly.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  17. He has the artist rank...

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  18. I was looking at potential skins I could use not too long ago on the internet and it wasn't easy to find such high quality skins. The shading and the details you put in those skins indicate a lot of experience, but also artistic talent. I have no doubt that you're one of the best skin makers out there (and as of now the best I've personally seen), so keep it up, you definitely deserve to be on the team.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  19. Amazing work. Seriously there wasn’t one skin I have seen that you made telling myself “I wouldn’t use that”. Great work, please keep it up!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.
  20. I've tried to make skins...Lets just say it didn't go to plan '-'

These skins look amazing, this makes me want to continue practicing making skins!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Crumplex likes this.